Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well #11 arrived and overall it looks not unlike the pictures taken. Sure, it looks better (as do 100% of these things) in person, but not by a lot. I had chipping on the base like Fremen, then as I held it to put it on a flat surface, more chips flaked off. Sorry to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a common statement in regard to it. I also had a piece of the horses mane (of course a piece in the most noticeable place possible...on top) broken off. The base is extremely light and felt fragile to me. In fact, the whole piece feels like the most fragile when putting it together as pieces rub and a lot of the pieces (like the mane) that stick out are likely to get broken easily. Not even sure what the horse is made out of as it is light as well. Way too flimsy for this price point. Below are my non-professional pics. I am posting a lot. Some may be duplicative, but since there aren't a lot of pics out there, I figured I would try my best. Again, not professional, so please keep the "He held it too close, the phone is distorting it, he doesn't know how to take a friggin' picture, to a respectful minimum. Really underwhelmed and disappointed in SSC's Q/C. Too me, if they had just made it look just like the proto, it would be a lot better.

20140226_144515.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144132.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144815.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144839.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144851.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144855.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144902.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144934.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144941.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_144951.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_145323.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_145756.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150106.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150114.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150125.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150129.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150139.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150143.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150154.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150158.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150213.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150530.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150535.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150539.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140226_150555.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will return mine Its not what I was expecting, there was a great potential on this piece. I just don't see it in the final product.

CollectorNC will you be requesting a replacement?

Hard to say. I have an email into Mike T. who forwarded to another dept. I will see the options. At first, when it was just the base, I figured they could just ship me a new one out. But then the horse mane issue...that's like more than half the piece I would need sent out and not sure they'd do it and even then not sure with it in perfect condition, if it is worth 500 or is what they advertised to get us all to buy it. Really melancholy right now as I've always tried to be fair with SSC's and give them credit where credit is due (like the perfect shipment of The Punisher a few weeks ago) and call them out for stuff like the ROTLA Indy jacket flaking or other things like price hikes, subpar- Q/C, etc.

EDIT- Then of course it has to be the biggest, most awkward box I've gotten from Sideshow that I doubt I can even fit in a trunk...

Thanks for posting pictures/thoughts guys/gals. With such a low production run it's awesome that your taking the time, as not too many people have this. CollectorNC, you have the most bizarrely painted horse I have seen. Half of it looks excellent, the other half though...the opposite of excellent.

Is the base the only place the paint is flaking?

Thanks for posting pictures/thoughts guys/gals. With such a low production run it's awesome that your taking the time, as not too many people have this. CollectorNC, you have the most bizarrely painted horse I have seen. Half of it looks excellent, the other half though...the opposite of excellent.

Is the base the only place the paint is flaking?

lol...hadn't noticed the paint on the horse. Keep in mind there's shadows due to the bright sun from the window even with blinds. Not the best place to take pics, but looking at the paint, it looks consistent to me. As I turned it, some areas have more light in the room showing on it and then others have shade. So perhaps that is it.

Yes, the bottom part of base (and also the sticker on the bottom of the base doesn't seem to be completely affixed to the base. The "rock" has all kinds of raised surface texture which feels like it would easily crumble off like those popcorn ceilings.

I noticed that with the sticker on the bottom of mine as well.

I also noticed the resin/polystone quality. It's light. When you hold the tail, it feels quite cheap. Cheap like those fairies I always have in the background of my videos. Those are mass produced, cheap quality fairies (still like them though).

The polystone on this feels the same as those.

I also noticed the same slight cracking on one of the legs on the horse as Rhino had on it. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to start a fire storm but mine does have some of the slight cracking. I can live with it though.

They should have put more love into this piece for sure. Nice sculpt let down by poor paint.

I noticed that with the sticker on the bottom of mine as well.

I also noticed the resin/polystone quality. It's light. When you hold the tail, it feels quite cheap. Cheap like those fairies I always have in the background of my videos. Those are mass produced, cheap quality fairies (still like them though).

The polystone on this feels the same as those.

I also noticed the same slight cracking on one of the legs on the horse as Rhino had on it. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to start a fire storm but mine does have some of the slight cracking. I can live with it though.

Did your Indy have paint on his pants where it was streaked...maybe that was intentional to give a sweat look or something. I have no clue. To me it looks like Indy had bladder control problems.

Also, speaking of other issues. My horses feet aren't flush with the rock completely and the tail has a little gap between body and where you insert it.

Oh, by the way, on the rock/ground, the light marks, that's sunlight filtering in, before someone asks.

Guess I got lucky with the base, mines chip free and I've rubbed my finger along the dark area of the base and the paint is staying on...

I had to compare the ROTLA PF Indy head with this head, and considering it's supposed to be the same movie, this new head and face is just too thin. Anyone that has the other head, put it right next to this one and tell me which one is Harrison Ford. I just can't believe they let this sculpt out. It's like he lost weight towards the end of the movie.

I received my EX today, 68/150. I really like it. It's huge. It's as tall as the ROTLA Indy PF. Thankfully no flaws like chips, cracks or flaking. The paint apps are good, consistent on the horse and not sloppy. I think the detail on the horse is good too. The legs and hooves look one color because from the shin down its painted to look like the horse is covered in dust. Indy looks good. Decent likeness to Harrison, although I agree that it could be better. Should be more in line with the ROTLA PF, but I'm satisfied with it. Honestly, it's no worse than the likeness of the ToD dio.

He's got a bit of elongated neck syndrome, but I think it's so obvious because his face is thinner than it should be. I also think that the horse's head should be facing the same direction as Indy, but that's been discussed before. I had to move pieces around in my curio cabinet so I could display it properly: so you can see the horse's face in the mirror backing.

Overall I feel it's an imposing piece, and I'm happy with it. I wished the ToD dio was just as big.

I'm traveling to Oklahoma, but I'll post some pics when I get settled there tomorrow.

I received my EX today, 68/150. I really like it. It's huge. It's as tall as the ROTLA Indy PF. Thankfully no flaws like chips, cracks or flaking. The paint apps are good, consistent on the horse and not sloppy. I think the detail on the horse is good too. The legs and hooves look one color because from the shin down its painted to look like the horse is covered in dust. Indy looks good. Decent likeness to Harrison, although I agree that it could be better. Should be more in line with the ROTLA PF, but I'm satisfied with it. Honestly, it's no worse than the likeness of the ToD dio.

He's got a bit of elongated neck syndrome, but I think it's so obvious because his face is thinner than it should be. I also think that the horse's head should be facing the same direction as Indy, but that's been discussed before. I had to move pieces around in my curio cabinet so I could display it properly: so you can see the horse's face in the mirror backing.

Overall I feel it's an imposing piece, and I'm happy with it. I wished the ToD dio was just as big.

I'm traveling to Oklahoma, but I'll post some pics when I get settled there tomorrow.

My only quibble with that is on the proto, the hooves/shoes do show up separately. Glad you got a great piece Choopie! Post pics!

Back