Indiana Jones in German Disguise 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is. They should be doing a Marion or another character. This is a SDCC type figure IMHO. If they wanted to give us another Indy, why not TOD with the stones?

Yep. Also, Shai is dead-on when he says to look at this figure and then look at what Hot Toys is offering with their upcoming Christian Bale John Connor. Sideshow isn't even the same ballpark right now with 1:6. Thankfully, their armored SW characters & G.I. Joe are showing a lot of promise, though.

That's what urks me more than the choice of figure, it's the lack of quality as Shai pointed out. I don't mind odd figure choices as long as they look great and this doesn't.

I don't collect Indy, but I'm baffled to see this choice as well. As Deckard pointed out, you can easily bash that figure... and maybe even get better tailored clothes, as DML, DiD and lots of smaller shops have perfected the art of the WWII german uniform.
Of course, maybe there's some relevant inaccuracy in the Indy uniform that you wouldn't get otherwise, but it's still a bit meh from an outsider's point of view.

I don't collect Indy, but I'm baffled to see this choice as well. As Deckard pointed out, you can easily bash that figure... and maybe even get better tailored clothes, as DML, DiD and lots of smaller shops have perfected the art of the WWII german uniform.
Of course, maybe there's some relevant inaccuracy in the Indy uniform that you wouldn't get otherwise, but it's still a bit meh from an outsider's point of view.

The only historic inaccuracy in this version of Indy in the film is the rocket launcher he has, which is a completely fictional weapon. But even that can be custom-made without too much of a hassle.

Seriously, you can indeed bash a much better version than this with the extra hatless head that comes with the first SSC Indy.

This is a surprise...While I agree that if they were going to do a Raiders variant, I'd rather have a Map-Room version, I'm just glad to see the line continuing. And the latest Q&A hints at more figures AND PF's! :rock

Perhaps this choice was made for a couple of reasons:

1. Indy, in ANY outfit might be an easier sell to the masses then 'misc. guy in suit' - i.e., Belloq - more for the die-hards

2. R&D to go into the Indy in German outfit allows for a Dietrich to be made easily as well...hopefully with 'Melty Portrait' alternate head to match Toht. Then we just need the SDCC exclusive Belloq in ceremonial gear, and we have the 3 ROTLA baddies to stand with the ark! :rock

370.jpg

2493482437_1d41f36aa3_o.jpg

377756229_f45e6e76d5_o.jpg

Above is the actual granade launcher from the film which was constructed by the prop dept. It's minus some parts but shows the correct scale and detail which Sideshow seems to have gotten a bit wrong...again. It leads me to ask the question, don't they study this stuff? Who is in charge of that?

Does anyone here actually know who is in charge of choosing the figures, set pieces or exclusives that come with the figures? Anyone?
I would so love to speak directly to whoever is responsible for making these decisions and see exactly what goes through their mind to make them in the first place. Like, who thought it was a brilliant idea to put the Idol environment with Belloq even though his character had nothing to do with it in the film...ever.

Overall I'm pleased with the new Indy figure from the one pic even though the launcher is a bit off. The sculpt is not bad but not as good as the first. Still, I am a bit perplexed as to why they're already doing other Indy figures already as most of you are. Maybe sales of belloq were so poor that they were scared of losing the line over a Marion figure that may or may not sell? In any case, all they have to do is put maximum effort into it which should produce a good figure which the fans will WANT to buy because it looks so good. If they keep on half-assing some things (like the exclusive Ark) then some fans who would have purchased any of the Indy line in a heartbeat, will just pass on it.

This is a surprise...While I agree that if they were going to do a Raiders variant, I'd rather have a Map-Room version, I'm just glad to see the line continuing. And the latest Q&A hints at more figures AND PF's! :rock

Perhaps this choice was made for a couple of reasons:

1. Indy, in ANY outfit might be an easier sell to the masses then 'misc. guy in suit' - i.e., Belloq - more for the die-hards

2. R&D to go into the Indy in German outfit allows for a Dietrich to be made easily as well...hopefully with 'Melty Portrait' alternate head to match Toht. Then we just need the SDCC exclusive Belloq in ceremonial gear, and we have the 3 ROTLA baddies to stand with the ark! :rock

370.jpg

:rotfl
Love your sig man!
And yes, I suppose Indy is easier to market than other characters, as well as the R&D for the uniform being suitable for the german dude, but I still have my reservations...
1. The german uniform doesn't really need R&D, there's tons of chinese factories making those uniforms (in the end, they all seem to share the same manufacturers)
2. If you're going to make another Indy, make one form a different movie, that'll draw more people

Just my 2 cents.

Not overly interested in this item. Purchase will depend if the exclusive is another environment (or a figure like Marion).

Maybe the EX is a lamp post with working lights.:D They'd have to include a "Shut your eye's, Marion!" squinty head sculpt though.

Back