Indiana Jones in German Disguise 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a passing likeness at best....I'm not sure why it just looks off....the lines are too pronounced....but one thing I've learned is that SSC preview shots are usually the worst shots to make a decisions of. I'll decide definitively once the order goes up. Then we'll either be singing its praise or seeing more Miguel Ferrer. :lol

No its pretty dead on. Go look at the picture of Ford in the same post as the preview. Really dead on.

I don't care either way. It looks great to me and thats all I care about.

totally missed this thread and haven't read any replies since page 1, but my initial reponse is "MEH..." I don't think the line is dead, because certainly this wouldn't be the finale that SS wants to go out on on this line.

Seeing this new Indy 12'' at the same time I had a glimpse of this...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...e=newsletter-pers-031209news&utm_medium=email

Made me realised Sideshow are not in the1/6 game anymore...their Indy looks like a hasbro, while Hot Toys looks like a piece of art.

Sideshow please only make statues and PF's from now on.

I agree 100%.

Honestly, look at those hands, the neck, the overall lack of detail and the body proportions. I don't blame the head sculptors, they seem to be doing a decent job, but since Sideshow is still using opaque plastic, it looks like a mannequin head. The Sideshow Indy from the chin down looks like a mass market figure that should cost $20-30 at most.

While the prices have gone up, I don't feel like Sideshow figures have evolved much at all in the last few years, they are falling further and further behind the competition. The only 1:6 scale figures I'd even consider at this point are the armored ones like Vader and the troopers.

I'm just hoping that if this doesn't sell well that Sideshow won't take it to mean lack of interest in the Indy line. It would most likely mean poor character choice and possibly poor quality.

Why is everybody excited.... :huh

Use your spare Indy head, spend like $20 on ebay for the German uniform. You can have the same figure, a quarter the price and no wait.

Stupid, stupid choice. Why no Mola Ram, or Grail Knight, or Henry, a Colonel Vogel in SS uniform or anything with visual appeal.

This is just crap news, I hope to hell this isnt the last figue in the Indy line, its like Hasbro all over again.

If they wanted to do another Indy why not Club Obi Wan in Tux, or ToD Rope Bridge, or Map Room?

Just by looking at the pictures I think I'll stick to making my own custom Indy's in German Disguise.

id1.jpg

id2.jpg

id6.jpg

id7.jpg

Ron

After I had time to sleep on it and after my initial disappointment I have to say I'm quite pleased that a new Indy's coming out. After reading The Josh's comments about the sculpt, I took a long hard look it again and I now can see that the lighting may have affected my first impression. I also looked on the box of my adventure Indy and I have to say that the Proto picture from that is not to far off from this. Also I wonder how they have styled his hair, could be the wet brushed back look?

SSC... Damned if they do (product announcement) and damned if they don't (announce).

:lol

SSC... Damned if they do (product announcement) and damned if they don't (announce).

:lol

I totally agree. Nature of the beast I suppose.

Just by looking at the pictures I think I'll stick to making my own custom Indy's in German Disguise

The outfit on yours is nice but there is no resemblence to Ford at all. So for me I'd rather spend the money and get one that looks like Ford. If you're happy with it though thats the main thing.

Hell yes. I love it. I'm definitely ordering this one.

I never bought Adventure Indy, so I'm happy to see a different Raiders version.

Last edited:
I'm not feeling it. Oh, I'll order it - duh! - but as Indy variants go, it's not one I was particularly looking forward to. I'd much rather have map room Indy, And there's only about, oh, 12 other figures I'd rather have before this one. Still, the simple fact that the line is still alive is better than nothing!

Exactly. Although I was hoping of a Temple of Doom Indy as the next variant.

Interesting that this was ALSO slated for the canceled Hasbro Indy line. Wonder what IJ makes of this since he already made a custom version.

I think this is a completely lazy choice on Sideshow's part. And even from the preview image I see inaccuracies in the uniform. Oh well. At least the line isn't quite officially "on hold" yet. :rolleyes:

This might have worked okay as a Con Exclusive, but as a regular line release... :huh

Why is everybody excited.... :huh

Use your spare Indy head, spend like $20 on ebay for the German uniform. You can have the same figure, a quarter the price and no wait.

Stupid, stupid choice. Why no Mola Ram, or Grail Knight, or Henry, a Colonel Vogel in SS uniform or anything with visual appeal.

This is just crap news, I hope to hell this isnt the last figue in the Indy line, its like Hasbro all over again.

If they wanted to do another Indy why not Club Obi Wan in Tux, or ToD Rope Bridge, or Map Room?

I would take this one over the Grail Knight to be honest. Also I don't know who else is with me on this but I don't want Mola Ram in 1/6th I want him in 1/4th.

Back