Indiana Jones in German Disguise 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

Damn, that looks so Hasbro-ish.

No not really. Actually, it looks really good in hand. I think my pictures show that its a pretty solid figure but to each their own.

I guess I should have been more specific, but the portrait just isn't as refined and/or sophisticated as the say, KOTC portrait. But then again you're totally right Josh, I'm just going by posted pics and not an in hand perspective. I guess I'll just have to take you're word for it.

Last edited:
The sculpt is a bit smooth but its really nice. I wasn't sure how nice it would be compared to the KOTCS Indy which I got before this one. All in all it was a good purchase at least for me. Thats why I hope my shots can show folks that it really is a nice purchase.

I guess I should have been more specific, but the portrait just isn't as refined and/or sophisticated as the say, KOTC portrait. But then again you're totally right Josh, I'm just going by posted pics and not an in hand perspective. I guess I'll just have to take you're word for it.

Well, I did have similar thoughts when I saw the picture. When I saw the close up I was thinking that it didn't quite look like the Hasbro sculpt, but it had the sort of softness of Medicom's Indy. It could be the photo, but he looks so different from Sideshow's Raiders Indy. I'd like to see the hatless Raiders head on that body.

The Raiders head def looks better, but it's a great figure and the original sculpt works well with a hat on it.

It's a win-win. Took me forever to get one, but I'm glad I did.

003.jpg

004.jpg

Whats the best way to remove the hats/do the hat swap with the raiders version? Without damaging either. hot water?

I guess this is one of those figures that has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Your TOD Indy looks SICK though! :rock

Saw it in person, not Josh's but a retailers. Sooooooooooo glad I passed on him for all the reasons I've stated pages ago. I have a $50 GC I'm waiting to spend and still passing on this guy. He's just not up to par with either Indy's and taking on a lower Es still doesn't justify the price, even at $50 off, for what you get... and yes, the head is considerably out of scale to the rest of the figure. :lol

Would a head swap help this guy at all?

That'll help the head. RJ's looked considerably better with the cloth hat on the ROTLA hatless head. Outfit's still the wrong color and the rocket launcher is laughably short. Some people are fine with it and despite passing on the SDCC order, the completist in me really nagged for it, until I saw it in person. Besides, without a Marion, the whole scene this is from makes it really useless.

My thinking is that this outfit would be the easiest to build from existing WW2 German sets. You can pick and choose the best parts from companies like Dragon, Dragon in Dreams etc etc, and then use the hatless Raiders head on a body of your choice.

While you're searching for the parts you'll probably end up getting extras to kitbash a few German opponents!

Whats the best way to remove the hats/do the hat swap with the raiders version? Without damaging either. hot water?
The German cap just pops right off. I've never attempted to remove a fedora though.

That'll help the head. RJ's looked considerably better with the cloth hat on the ROTLA hatless head. Outfit's still the wrong color and the rocket launcher is laughably short. Some people are fine with it and despite passing on the SDCC order, the completist in me really nagged for it, until I saw it in person. Besides, without a Marion, the whole scene this is from makes it really useless.

See I'm the opposite. I passed on it until I saw it in-person.

I see your point about the lack of relevance for this figure, but I think my interest in him is tied just as much to the old Kenner toy line as it is to the film.

I'm still really happy with this figure. Yes, the head is a tad big, and yes, it's a relatively easy kit bash. But I think the benefit of getting a new unique headsculpt outweighs the criticisms for me. I think the outfit came out nice. It looks great next to the rest of the Indy figures, especially seeing the new head--it adds a nice variety. As opposed to seeing the same Raiders Indy sculpt repeated with every different Indy outfit. That's another reason why I would have loved to have seen Sideshow do a different Indy for all 4 movies--it's great to see a different head with every look. My only problem was that the price was high for what you got. I should have at least waited a bit and gotten him from an etailer or even ebay where I could have gotten him for a little less.

my actual project. Still a lot of work to do on the jacket collar, the cap colour and emblem, lower the straps and belt pouches, repainting the head as battle damaged, repaint the belt, changing items..etc. One of the first things I did was painting the yellow line in the rocket.

image_4.jpeg

Panzerfaust2.jpg

Back