Indiana Jones in German Disguise 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it is at least relevant to this thread since it's about the poopiest figure in the line. :lol

I wouldn't buy a HT Indy. I don't see him being THAT much better to justify what they'd need to charge for him with the LFL licensing. Additionally, it'd be a fail in the fact that I don't think many others would, and HT would likely only do Indy and Henry anyway, since there's really nothing safe, sales wise, to project how popular Mola would be. Every single company, with the exception of LEGO, who had the Indy license pretty much irresponsibly cut the throat of TOD.

I presume that you didn't buy it so what are you worried about? Most that have purchased it have had their issues but were overall satisfied.

That's simple. I'm bothered by the fact that the line very well may be dead now, that we only got a small handful of figures out of it and this is one of them.

We're not talking about Henry Sr.

No, the comment was about HT doing Indy. My point was that looking at how SS did Henry Sr., I don't think having HT do ANY Indy character is going to give us a substancial improvment. SS can clearly do the job (given Henry) and now they just need to keep consistent with this quality, HT will overprice themselves right out of business.

Now to be fair, looking at the new G.I. Joe Firefly and the $125 price tag...I'm beginning to worry about the prices going up and up an up...but as you pointed out....I digress....

yeah.. the $125 Joes look cool.. but the price has kept me from biting.. which is a shame as I would have loved to pick up a few of them... but I just cannot justify it...

yeah.. the $125 Joes look cool.. but the price has kept me from biting.. which is a shame as I would have loved to pick up a few of them... but I just cannot justify it...

Oh, the irony. They're on par with Henry Senior, every single one of them, and worth every penny, especially when you knock off $25 by going through an online retailer.

Hey guys for all three of us that like this figure I just picked up a replacement "y-strap" & jacket from the new Soldier Story Afrika Corps. DAK figure. It's pretty slick and I think will make German Indy look a lot better. Man Soldier Story is really kicking all kinds of ass as of late, the quality is there.

Did you only get the y-strap and jacket or the whole figure? I must admit that the DAK figure looks damn good! And now that there is no more Indy to collect, I suddenly have all this money! I'm really tempted to pick him up!

Picked up the tunic and Y-strap loose from Monkey Depot for less than ten bucks! :rock

Did you only get the y-strap and jacket or the whole figure? I must admit that the DAK figure looks damn good! And now that there is no more Indy to collect, I suddenly have all this money! I'm really tempted to pick him up!

I picked up just those two parts but the paint, parts, sculpt rival HT or DID. I might get the actual figure too.

If you stay on the look out for them through ebay you can score them for much less then retail.... Like just about anything from SS. :D

Well, here's my German Indy bash.

100_1374.jpg

100_1373.jpg

100_1372.jpg

The jacket, belt, pouches and y-harness are from the Soldier Story DAK figure. Standard hatless Indy head on a TT. Pants are from the Hasbro German officer, just happened to have them laying around, DID boots and the German Indy RPG. Had the hat laying around from a German Indy head I bought a few weeks ago so I placed it by his feet.

There's a few more things I can do to this to really get him nailed down like paint his belt buckle silver and pouches black but for now I'm happy.

360.jpg

Even though I wasn't blown away by SS's version I still wanted one in my collection.

Last edited:
The ammo pouches in brown really throw it off but the head looks outstanding! :whip New boots too?

Back