Indiana Jones customs (the end of an era)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always said that David Duchovany would be perfect if they ever decide to replace Ford in the future.

If they ever made an INDY without Ford, they would have to go a whole different way with the character, like they did with Craig as Bond. You couldn't cast someone who reminded you of Ford.

Ummm...yeah. :confused: I don't like the "fuzzy fur" collar on that custom Indy's jacket. Other than that it is okay...but still nowhere near as awesome as Sideshow's Raiders Indy is going to be! :D

Its not that bad of a custom...but yeah, he has to lose that aviator jacket. Other than that, I seriously want a set of those hands!

Yeah, the hands are great. I like how one hand has the opened fingers. It shows him in more of a natural action pose I think.

Eh !! I didn't see this "custom Indy" thread before.
Here's mine !

After this photoshoot, I decide to weather his clothes :

Don't remember where all the parts came from, mostly Ebay. Took a while to put it all together, but I'm pretty happy with it. Will add the Sideshow Indy, but not as a replacement, but as anaddition to my collection.

Picture016-3.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Great idea! Indy has been the most popular custom figure for years -- it seems there's always some 12" Indy figure on ebay since 2000.

Here's mine:

IndianaJonesUltimateChrisKing1.jpg

Wor-Gar, what body did you used for Indy? Is it a Hot Toys body?

Thanks.

I've decided to work on a new custom Indy. I bought and Arnie Kim recast (let's not get into that debate here. I tried to contact Arnie personally and got no reply) and I have the Lonnie Hale version two head. I send the Kim off to Les to paint but have decided to mess with the Hale head. So far, I have cut the neck off and am reshaping it for a hot toys neck post. Also, I have removed the crown of the head and am planning to hollow it out so I can put in glass eyes. I suck at eye painting and thought this would work well. If you want to change the position of the eyes, you just take the hat off and will have access.

When I am done with the head mods, I'll post pictures here and I'll post pictures of Les's paint job on the Arnie Kim one. After all this is done, I'll decide what to do with each head.

Im doing one now using the Whipping, and Talking Indy...so even though there ARE Indy Toys...they arent perfect.

These customs show how damn hard it is to capture Ford's likeness. I can't wait to see Trevor's interpretation. And Hemble, your artwork is so exquisite. It reminds me of those detailed historic dioramas you can find in a museum.

I'm debating between keeping my Sovereign Studios Indy, or selling him and keeping the Sideshow version when it comes out. Truthfully speaking, I think I'll still be happier with Sovereign's version.

Back