Indiana Jones customs (the end of an era)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my custom Indy... Made from various parts, most from the Relic Hunter.

DSCN3204.jpg

DSCN3186.jpg

DSCN3202.jpg

DSCN3201.jpg

DSCN3200.jpg

and just for kicks...:D

DSCN3598.jpg

DA, that Indy is rocking! I hope that you guys hold on to these, if you do get the Sideshow ones. I mean after all these are labors of love. I'm sure that you will be more attached to these, considering all the time spent finding parts and putting them together.

Excellent. I've never used that feature.

It's a little confusing to navigate -- is that your own gallery or a general Indy Gallery? Can anyone create any gallery for all to see?

You can post pics in a personal gallery or in an existing category. I believe I have to create the categories. But anyone can post an Indy custom in the Indy gallery.

Cool stuff guys! (I love your's Josh! That one cool pose of him standing there all relaxed..)
And cool REAL Indy clothes and loot you got there!

Here's this old thing. Made back when you had to scour the world for parts. Started about 1997 or so and taking about two years to put together. Even then, I replaced his body twice! And upgraded parts until I grew tired of working on him. That's why I never made another one.

Now, you can go online, and in a day get all you need. Or just order the Sideshow and be done with it! :lol

Anyway, yesteryear's Les-made Indy of old...

indy2-1.jpg

indy3-1.jpg

indy5.jpg

For me, this is kind of the end of an era. I can always rework the existing SS figures, but there will never be a figure for me like my old Indy. He was the hardest one for me to ever make back then.

BTW, Dave, I only get a fatal error message when I click on your Gallery link.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Coco. That head is the one from the old Horizon kit, and the coat is the old GI Joe Bob Hope coat, all mussed and repainted and distressed out in a very TOD style.

DSCN3598.jpg

I think this could work also if Josh had a sandbag in his right hand...
And the "idol" was any image imaginable! I think the Photoshop masters could have a field day with this shot! :lol

Here are some shots of my attempt at Indy from a couple of years back (lots more pics can be seen HERE):

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I've probably spent more money on making my Indy customs than most of my other customs combined. It was the whole reason I got into 1/6 scale figure customizing in the first place.
indyfigures.jpg

indyjones.jpg

indyanddad.jpg

069.jpg

IndianaJones2007Logo.jpg

This is hopefully the final version of my custom (except a few more paint touch ups).

NOTE: The color is too light. That's my camera, not the figure. The skin tone looks much better in person. If anyone has digital camera tips, please PM me.

Here's whats new:

1. A felt fedora from Stevo's Toys
2. New holster and belt
3. Leather whip that is closer to scale than any other I have seen
4. Removed the lining and zipper from the jacket
5. Moved button from one side of shirt to the other and added a button hole.
6. Repainted head (still needs a few more touch ups)​

IndianaJonescustomfinalversion.jpg

IndianaJonescustomfinalversion2.jpg
IndianaJonescustomfinalversion3.jpg

IndianaJonescustomfinalversion4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I totally agree Indiana Jones was THE single figure I always wanted in the 1:6 scale format. I missed out on the original Kenner 12" Indy from Raiders back in 1981, so I've wanted him since then!

I was very fortunate to have the help of an incredible cutomizer, Mary Lacour, from Lafayette, LA. She sells on eBay under her user ID: mpl59. Check out her auctions sometime. Anyway, she hand-made my custom Indy's belts, shoulder bag, pistol, bullwhip, hard resin painted fedora hat, and relics he collected from the first three movies. The golden idol from Raiders, the three Sankara stones from Temple Of Doom, and the Holy Grail from The Last Crusade. I am forever grateful to Mary for her masterful work! :bow

I got the remainder of Indy's outfit from an existing 12" G.I. Joe Tuskeegee Airman figure. His leather jacket, which I "distressed" by painting it some, the pants, and shirt, and boots. I got one of Lonnie Hale's earlier "Frontline" Indy heads a few years ago on eBay. Yeah, my paintjob on it isn't that great. But I still love it! Check out some pictures of it.... Oh yeah, since then I've removed the dreaded "doll dots" or "eye dots" in my Indy's eyes, and I've cut off the cuffs on the end of his sleeves, and cut off the snaps on his jacket. I'll post some newer pictures of him here in this thread soon.

Indygrailcupleftside.jpg

Indyfigurehatoffwithgrail-1.jpg

IndianaJonesJune2007010-1.jpg

Indyidolsandbagcloseup.jpg

Indyidolsandbagfullnoflash.jpg

Indyfrontnoflash.jpg

Indyaimspistol.jpg

I have already pre-ordered Sideshow's exclusive Indy from Raiders. I know I'll love it, but I will always have a very special place in my heart for my first custom Indy! :D

Last edited:
Here's some later pictures of my custom Indy without the dreaded "doll dots" in his eyes, and I fixed up his leather jacket some more. I cut off the brown elastic cuffs at the wrists, and cut off the buttons and snaps. I think it looks MUCH better! But, I would like to repaint his eyes. Doesn't Harrison Ford have green, or maybe hazel eyes? :confused: I painted them brown, but the more pictures of him that I see....his eyes look more of an olive or lighter green color.

100_5573.jpg

100_5616.jpg

100_5574.jpg

100_5570.jpg

100_5572.jpg

Yeah, I still gotta go over the "John J. Rambo" on the Rambo figure stand I use for my Indy. I've got a nice "Indiana Jones" name logo from Mary Lacour I'll cut out and put on the nameplate on the figure stand. I'm going to also get him a more brown shirt. I realize the one I have now is bright white, and Indy's shirt under his leather jacket is light brown. I'll do that sometime. Hey, everyone else who has made a custom Indy...where did you find the shirt for yours? Please let me know. Thanks!

:D

Last edited:
Back