Indiana Jones and The Curse of Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be very nervous about that whip breaking in shipping :monkey4

That was the exact question I asked at Toy Fair and they said it will be removable. I asked if it would be the whip alone or whip and hand and they were not 100% but assumed it would be the hand and whip with a metal peg on the inside of the hand.

And with monster trucks, who needs scooters?

:monkey3

To each their own. GG have done Indy justice with this bust, and I'm sure they'll handle the whip properly. I've been quite happy with their production pieces recently, provided they keep the original likeness, of course.

And that hat looks totally removable -- some poor soul probably just wasn't pedantic enough while placing it for that show.

The head sculpt is excellent. Although Indy's stubble should be more apparent -- this goes for the Sideshow PF too.

It's not even that the hat is put on improperly, it's that it's sculpt is off and it's too small.

Man, gotta feel bad for Gentle Giant when people go from Sideshow's booth to theirs at SDCC.

Man, gotta feel bad for Gentle Giant when people go from Sideshow's booth to theirs at SDCC.

Word has it there won't be quite as many people manning the GG booth this year, incidentally. They're apparently hurtin' money-wise and scaling back in resources. Awwwwww.

Its cause people are starting to be fed up and quit buying their stuff. Serves them right really.

Yeah, things may be coming home to roost for them. What's sad, though, is that the a-holes up at the top who are responsible for making all of these horrible decisions don't tend to be the first people kicked out the door. :(

Its cause people are starting to be fed up and quit buying their stuff. Serves them right really.

Hell yeah! I stopped buying their stuff just because of their business practices. Even from a good friend that makes his money selling stuff. I hate them that bad. Rude jerks. I will never forgive what they did to people at the Baltimore Con. Serves them right and they get what they get. :emperor

Yeah, things may be coming home to roost for them. What's sad, though, is that the a-holes up at the top who are responsible for making all of these horrible decisions don't tend to be the first people kicked out the door. :(

That is the sad thing. People that shouldn't be losing their jobs but the jerks up top who have shown little care for the small guys at their company as well as the customers.

Hell yeah! I stopped buying their stuff just because of their business practices. Even from a good friend that makes his money selling stuff. I hate them that bad. Rude jerks. I will never forgive what they did to people at the Baltimore Con. Serves them right and they get what they get. :emperor

I should really. They just make such nice stuff that I hate not buying the pieces I want. Though they really are pushing me to the point and if I cut things back like I'm really leaning towards they will be the first to go.

I'm buying the Indiana Jones Desk Accessories and THAT'S IT. I will be done with them forever. I won't be getting any of their INDY busts or statues.

I haven't purchased a single Gentle Giant statue in over a year and the only busts I got were the Clone Commander exclusives, which I have since sold.

I'll get the crate (may try to get it right after NYCC) and I'll get the Ark along with the mini-bust but that's it for Indy items. LOTR and SW I take with an item by item thing.

I'm going to get the crate as well. Any of you guys going to try and get all three versions?

I'm going to get the crate as well. Any of you guys going to try and get all three versions?

Sadly, I am. :monkey4

However, I have a feeling Gentle Giant will go one further and do something like make the Crystal Skull variation extremely limited. :banghead If they do that, then screw it... I won't be playing along.

I do want the Idol, Tablet, Sankara Stones, and Grail for sure though.

Back