Indiana Jones and The Curse of Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I am. :monkey4

However, I have a feeling Gentle Giant will go one further and do something like make the Crystal Skull variation extremely limited. :banghead If they do that, then screw it... I won't be playing along.

I do want the Idol, Tablet, Sankara Stones, and Grail for sure though.

Nothing Gentle Giant has ever done makes me think that the three variations of the crates will be split evenly. They just don't tend to operate that way. With a total edition size of 3000 pieces, I will guess that there will be a 1500, 1000, 500 split on these just so they can make things more "fun" for their collectors.

:sick

That's why all of my Star Wars busts went up on eBay this weekend. I'm tired of having to jump through all their hoops. (My running total of unanswered e-mails to their customer service department also went up by one more last month.)

He looks very bored in that pic, kinda like my reaction to everything GG releases .... yawn. :sleep:sleep:sleep

Word has it there won't be quite as many people manning the GG booth this year, incidentally. They're apparently hurtin' money-wise and scaling back in resources. Awwwwww.

No kidding. Well, IMO, it's showing in the products they are producing. I've been buying from GG since CIV and over the past year or two I've perceived a change in the company, not only from their business practices but also in the quality of their products.

When you consider the potential in the Indiana Jones license (and my personal preference), I expect more from the products that are being marketed. And GG is falling short, IMO.

Even Kotobukiya is beating GG like a red-headed stepchild when it comes to the INDY license.

Heck, were it not for the Desk Accessories (which I admit, are quite cool and clever) Gentle Giant would be a complete non-factor in the whole INDY thing. The busts and statues are totally forgettable so far.

Yeah, GG is not a big player right now with Indy which surprises me. They may be waiting till closer to the Movie to announece more (but we're only a month out now) or wait till SDCC to really drop the stuff.

Yeah, GG is not a big player right now with Indy which surprises me. They may be waiting till closer to the Movie to announece more (but we're only a month out now) or wait till SDCC to really drop the stuff.

I'm guessing we'll see more at next weekend's NYCC. Perhaps an animated Indy maquette to go with the upcoming character key? :chew

If I buy any GG Indy products it will be the maquettes. Seems to be the only GG items I'm addicted to. And the maquettes will display well with the keys and the Mighty Muggs.

I hope GG is listening...

That earned a laugh from Jesus, Elvis and a Smurf:

laughing-jesus.jpg
BORS170~Elvis-Presley-Laughing-Posters.jpg
Smurfs_Color_Pictures_Laughing_Smurf.jpg

If I buy any GG Indy products it will be the maquettes. Seems to be the only GG items I'm addicted to. And the maquettes will display well with the keys and the Mighty Muggs.

The maquettes are the ONLY things I pick up from GG...because they do display so well with the character keys...I haven't been too impressed with any other GG offerings so far.

Bronze Plated Indiana Jones on Horse Statue

This is, hands down, the Indy piece to own. When the sculpt for this magnificent statue was unveiled last year, fans and collectors knew it was something special. Gentle Giant has now taken the artistry one step further with a shared exclusive bronze-plated edition -- that's bronze-plated, not bronze-finished -- elevating this collectible to a whole new level of desirability. By being plated in real bronze, each piece can take on an individual patina, which will only grow more beautiful with age. Stands 11 inches tall.

This bronze-plated edition will be limited to 500 pieces, so make sure you grab yours early. Prototype pictured and subject to change. Limit of 3 per customer.

https://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=IJGGSIHB&rid=CJADPL00001

I got one with a Crystal Skull. It's really cool but since it's so limited I don't know if I can get another this weekend. I would have rather payed another $10-$20 for all the artifacts in it.

Back