Indiana Jones and The Curse of Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Holy Grail paper clip holder? :lol I really don't care for any of this knickknack type stuff.

GG announced they will also be producing a line of Indiana Jones animated maquettes. If you didn't like the Star Wars, LOTR or POTC ones, you won't like these either.

GG announced they will also be producing a line of Indiana Jones animated maquettes. If you didn't like the Star Wars, LOTR or POTC ones, you won't like these either.

The only animated maquette I ended up keeping was Boba Fett. Depending on how these look, I might get Indy. And hopefully they'll do a melty-face Toht... An animated verson would look great.

I don't get the animated stuff, Clone Wars makes sense since that actually happened. But past that I give it a thumbs down.

Yes, Clone Wars actually happened, and everyone morphed into their animated selves for the duration!

...but seriously, this animaquette business is worrying. Way to make a polystone statue look like a piece of cheap plastic, for one thing.

I was just thinking about ordering a second 12" Indy non-Ex from darkshadow and saw the GG stuff. Me, I still like the HP and LOTR GG stuff, even though it isn't even holding its retail value (except for the early HP stuff, why is that???).

Anyway, I was considering getting a GG Indy bust, but this will probably be available for half after a couple of months, you think?

Why didn't they show anything at TF? The product for IJ has been so disappointing from every company so far. Most of it is crap and the rest is "this close" to being good.

Looks like they only showed the Indy on Horse (which actually looked a lot better) and the crate set w/idol, stones and grail. I think that was it though.

I don't really have much interest in statues and busts. Every once in a while I may pick something up, but not often. Thing with Indy is, Sideshow's amazing 12" figure pretty much ruins any other upcoming Indy collectibles. So far nothing I have seen lives up to it, and I have lost all desire for the other upcoming Indy releases.

That being said, I can see myself buying a Hasbro 3 3/4" figure or two when I come across them, but that is about as far as I will venture.

I guess you could say the curse continues. The latest image of the Indy bust. Pretty poor product, IMO.

Indy-bust.jpg

Back