Indiana Jones and The Curse of Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Phantom Menance was ruined for me by all those Hasbro Toys that came out a month before the movie. :monkey2

TPM was ruined for me when my mom got me the sound track before the movie came out. I was going to put it away and not look at it nor listen to it until I had seen the movie, but I dropped it, as I bent to pick it up the words "Qui-Gon's Noble End" practically jumped off the track list at me. That sucked.

As for the topic at hand, I don't think I'll be getting any of this stuff, although the horse statue does appeal to me and the Joneses in the motorcycle sounds cool too.

And on the subject of the legos...I don't think those really give much away at all. Pretty much Indy and his leading lady escape from bad guys, Indy blows up a vehicle, and Indy goes in a temple to solve puzzles. Sounds like it could fit any of the movies.

I like the Idol pen holder... right now I've got a brass monkey head, he might be getting replaced :monkey2

And I'm glad to be seeing some Raiders love first, definitely my favorite (and I'm sure it is for a lot of others) and if I can only have 1 kickass 1/6 figure that'd be the one :rock

And I'm glad to be seeing some Raiders love first, definitely my favorite (and I'm sure it is for a lot of others) and if I can only have 1 kickass 1/6 figure that'd be the one :rock

Thankfully, RAIDERS will be the first 1/6 and PF from Sideshow. :rock

My all-time favorite bit of movie spoilage by a merchandiser....

Back in 1984, Burger King was doing STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK collectible drinking glasses, the kind with art on the outside depicting scenes from the movie.

They were doing 4 different glasses, one every week, with the last glass hitting the BK lounge the week the film was released.

I remember this commercial on TV, about 2 weeks before the film came out:

"Get your Burger King ST III: Search For Spock glasses now! This week: Enterprise Destroyed! Next week: Spock Lives!"

I kid you not.

I can't say that I'm thrilled with what GG is doing with the Indy license so far. Desk accessories? That's something I certainly don't need.

And I'm not happy with the way the first statue and bust are turning out. The bust looks like Indy doesn't have any teeth. What I really want out of what GG showed at SDCC is that bronze bust, which with my luck will turn out to be a PGM exclusive, and probably look like Nicholas Cage from National Treasure. :rolleyes:

Back in 1984, Burger King was doing STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK collectible drinking glasses, the kind with art on the outside depicting scenes from the movie.

They were doing 4 different glasses, one every week, with the last glass hitting the BK lounge the week the film was released.

"Get your Burger King ST III: Search For Spock glasses now! This week: Enterprise Destroyed! Next week: Spock Lives!"

I kid you not.

Yeah, but that was just STAR TREK. :monkey5 :monkey3

I kid you not.

How is that a spoiler? Who didn't know Spock was going to be back?

the Desktop accessories look cool but why did they sculpt him smiling in the mini bust? He looks like a doofus

the Desktop accessories look cool but why did they sculpt him smiling in the mini bust? He looks like a doofus

I think it's an attempt at the "Indy smirk" and that they're clearly trying to recreate the pose from this poster:

G-164-150~Raiders-Of-The-Lost-Ark-Posters.jpg

They might not have quite pulled it off but I do like they tried to get it in there. The smirk is just pure Indy.

Yeah, it was a great choice for bust or statue pose. We'll see if they pulled it off once better pictures hit. But it looks iffy at the moment.

It does look somewhat iffy. Will be keeping my fingers crossed cause I really want to keep my order.

Does ANYONE know what they mean by "Desktop accessories"?

Sorry, just found this thread after the creation of the Indy subforum.

Does ANYONE know what they mean by "Desktop accessories"?

Sorry, just found this thread after the creation of the Indy subforum.

As seen in this picture, the desk accessories include the golden Hovito idol to hold your pens, the Ark of the Covenant to hold your ten favorite business cards, and the Holy Grail to display your paper clip collection.

ggiantLG.jpg

I would like to see the look on some people's faces when they see a miniature Ark of the Covenant as a business card holder.

Back