Indiana Jones and The Curse of Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, here's the first mini bust:

gg_indybust.jpg

Great pose, and the arc that the whip scribes is just gorgeous. Wish we could see the face better, though! It's hard to tell if it's a good likeness or not....

As for the desk accessories.... if the Ark of the Covenant is 1/6 scale (like the minibusts), then THAT would a fabulous bit of 'yay!", wouldn't it?

As for the desk accessories.... if the Ark of the Covenant is 1/6 scale (like the minibusts), then THAT would a fabulous bit of 'yay!", wouldn't it?
Indeed! :rock

And Adam, I'm about to create another INDY thread that I know you'll want to participate in as well. ;)

As for the minibust looking like he's bald, I lightened up the shadow under the brim, and knocked the saturation down. You can see more clearly:

This is what we in the visual graphics industry call BAD TANGENTS. An image is presented in a way that it awkwardly sends the wrong message.

Because of the angle, it looks like he's bald, or has a buzz cut.

Look at the red arrow.... that dark line around his ear is the back of his head, covered in hair. If the minibust was turned a few degrees to its right, this wouldn't look as strange.

Also, look at the blue arrow I made. Because of the awkward positioning of the minibust, ya can't tell if that curve is his cheek or the edge of his nose.

The basic rule of thumb is: don't have obects in your images appear to butt up against each other. One object should actually be visually stepping across the other, or be a few steps back away from it, so that their is negative space in between.

This could be really cool once we see some more pics!

Of course it is! Which is part of the appeal. :monkey5

Yeah, that is part of the appeal.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thnx for the changing of the pic Adam. That does look a lot better. I love the pose and the likeness does look pretty good. I'm getting this and will get most of the Indy Busts (Indy himself that is) that GG puts out.

Next thing you know, The Too Cool For School Gang on here will start harping on the fact that some of us sometimes post "big words" that force them to use Google or Online Dictionaries.

:rolleyes:

Eh, they've been saying that about me my whole life. It's cool though, I never get upset by it. But then, I never really get upset at anything I guess. :lol

They're gonna do whatever no matter what.
---------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious to see how many Indy busts they put out right away? The only bust we've seen so far is this one but surely there will be more coming when the film comes out. Plus I wonder if there will be some kind of Indy item as an Ex @ SDCC?

They're gonna do whatever no matter what.
---------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious to see how many Indy busts they put out right away? The only bust we've seen so far is this one but surely there will be more coming when the film comes out. Plus I wonder if there will be some kind of Indy item as an Ex @ SDCC?

It's interesting to note that there hasn't been any KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL collectibles listed. Mostly RAIDERS and the odd LAST CRUSADE piece.

It's interesting to note that there hasn't been any KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL collectibles listed. Mostly RAIDERS and the odd LAST CRUSADE piece.

Apparently Lucasfilm was pretty clear on indicating to all of the licensees (including Sideshow) that they should focus on the original films FIRST with the new products, particularly "Raiders". The "Crystal Skull" stuff (especially from the high-end licensees) won't start hitting until later. Obviously, LEGO and Hasbro will have stuff from the new flick sooner than most though.

Apparently Lucasfilm was pretty clear on indicating to all of the licensees (including Sideshow) that they should focus on the original films FIRST with the new products, particularly "Raiders". The "Crystal Skull" stuff (especially from the high-end licensees) won't start hitting until later. Obviously, LEGO and Hasbro will have stuff from the new flick sooner than most though.

Do you think they are waiting to see how CRYSTAL SKULL is received first? Since there's been a dearth of INDY memorabilia, do you think they are tapping the hunger for that FIRST, using the advent of a new film as a spring-board, and then proceed with slightly riskier products once they see how the feedback is?

I had noticed that myself. Found it odd but then I remembered Irish saying what he mentioned in his post earlier. Which is fine with me as it allows me to focus on the older films first and decided what I like from the new one.

Do you think they are waiting to see how CRYSTAL SKULL is received first? Since there's been a dearth of INDY memorabilia, do you think they are tapping the hunger for that FIRST, using the advent of a new film as a spring-board, and then proceed with slightly riskier products once they see how the feedback is?

It could very well be. Another likely reason is that Spielberg was so steadfast on being as secretive as possible about certain elements from the new film that the licensees were not allowed nearly as much access and info early on as they were used to with the SW prequels (when Lucas gave them pretty much anything they wanted a year or two in advance) and thus they only had time to produce a mountain of stuff based on the ORIGINAL movies by this Spring.

Wouldn't put it past Lucasfilm myself.

The GG stuff is an easy pass for me. I really liked the horse dio, but the closeup pic of Indy's head doesn't look right.

It could very well be. Another likely reason is that Spielberg was so steadfast on being as secretive as possible about certain elements from the new film that the licensees were not allowed nearly as much access and info early on as they were used to with the SW prequels (when Lucas gave them pretty much anything they wanted a year or two in advance) and thus they only had time to produce a mountain of stuff based on the ORIGINAL movies by this Spring.

I know for a fact that is the case with the LEGO sets. I know someone who works for LEGO and they were told that they couldn't release any sets on Crystal Skull until after the movie was released. All the LEGO employees that worked on the Crystal Skull sets, rumor has it it was less than 10, had to sign paperwork with Lucasfilm so that they wouldn't release any details about the film to anyone including other LEGO employees. LEGO does have sets for Crystal Skull that are scheduled for release in the fall when LEGO usually releases their new products. The sets though aren't scheduled to go into production until after the film premires so that no info about the film can be leaked.

I know for a fact that is the case with the LEGO sets. I know someone who works for LEGO and they were told that they couldn't release any sets on Crystal Skull until after the movie was released. All the LEGO employees that worked on the Crystal Skull sets, rumor has it it was less than 10, had to sign paperwork with Lucasfilm so that they wouldn't release any details about the film to anyone including other LEGO employees. LEGO does have sets for Crystal Skull that are scheduled for release in the fall when LEGO usually releases their new products. The sets though aren't scheduled to go into production until after the film premires so that no info about the film can be leaked.

Oops... :monkey3 :

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

LEGO INDIANA JONES River Chase
On their adventurous getaway from their opponents, Indy and Marion abscond in an amphibious vehicle.
942279305.jpg

LEGO INDIANA JONES Jungle Cutter
Indiana Jones and Mutt are stuck in their needy hideout. They're hiding from the soldiers' jungle cutter wich cuts its way uncompromisingly. Fortunately Indy has his Bazooka!
754938531.jpg

LEGO INDIANA JONES Temple of The Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and Mutt are on the climax of their adventure. They have to solve the secret of the lost Temple of Akator (The Crystal Skull) before it falls into the hands of the dangerous Irina Spalko. But at first they have to resolve the countless perfidies of the ancient temple.
245408015.jpg

Skeleton warriors! :google

...And thus you see why Spielberg probably doesn't like the toymakers involved so early.

That doesn't surprise me. I like it honestly as it does make you have to use your imagination and wonder what will happen.

Oops... :monkey3 :

...And thus you see why Spielberg probably doesn't like the toymakers involved so early.

Well I guess those contracts don't mean anything now. :rolleyes:

I agree that toymakers DO spoil movies.

I know Phantom Menance was ruined for me by all those Hasbro Toys that came out a month before the movie. :monkey2

One thing that's missing from that list is the TRU exclusive set that's got a MSRP of $130!! :google It hasn't been announced yet only the set number was leaked a few months ago on the LEGO website Lugnut.

Well usually what happens is sometimes these filmmakers' studios have clauses in the contract that prevent toymakers from showing their items early....

I guess Lego didn't get the memo or they just don't have one.

Back