Indian Jones & Captain Jack Sparrow - Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit put off by the price, having assumed $1500 would be the mark. At $1750, I can all but cross Jack off my list. The pics of Indy that DetroitSportsFan linked to look awesome, however, so I will probably try to get that one. I may save my money to see if Gandalf and Legolas materialize though, being a major LOTR fan, as I am one of the few apparently who bought the Aragorn CM and love it.
You may recall, I posted a while back my response from CM regarding a return policy on Aragorn should the likeness be lacking, and after the affirmative response that I could return it if not satisfied, I went ahead and ordered. Once I had the actual piece in-hand, I was overwhelmed, and returning it was not a consideration. I know there have been a lot of cracks made regarding the forehead size, but trust me, the effect is not as pronounced when viewing the actual piece. It is an amazing likeness, and the costuming is of course superb. Definitely the nicest collectible I own, and I own the entire SSW statue, environment, helm, and bust lines. I am sure Jack and Indy will be just as impressive.

Lonnie, didn't you see Indy at SDCC last year? I agree that it's not as picture perfect as Sparrow, but in person it was the finest Ford ever sculpted. Looks enough like Indy that I'm actually thinking about it, even at that price.

I've emailed CM, and I'm waiting for a response regarding the $250 raise in price.

The extra cost may have to do with Depp and Ford signing the COAs.

i wish i knew if SS was going to make an Indy PF....i know it won't be near the quality of this one but i would take the SS at $1,400 less in a heartbeat...if they aren't going to make one i'll take this one.....well that or another 42 inch LCD. :)

DetroitSportsFan said:
The extra cost may have to do with Depp and Ford signing the COAs.
Ah, I didn't know that. That makes sense, actually.

Still, $1,750. Wow. Pretty steep. I want both, but will probably have to just get Indy.

IrishJedi said:
Funny how Collector Freak was quiet when the pics of the absolutely HIDEOUS Gentle Giant Obi-Wan statue hit but bam!... here is is talking smack about the CM Indy.

:lol

What pics? I've been out of the collecting game for a long time now.

Darklord Dave said:
Lonnie, didn't you see Indy at SDCC last year? I agree that it's not as picture perfect as Sparrow, but in person it was the finest Ford ever sculpted. Looks enough like Indy that I'm actually thinking about it, even at that price.

I saw both at SDCC Dave and I agree that it is the absolute best Harrison Ford sculpt I've ever seen, the pics don't do it justice. I am also considering purchasing Indy.

Wow, I would love to get one of these but the price tag is a little much in my opinion. I guess I will just have to hope and wait for Sideshow to bring one of these characters to life in a PF.

funny thing is I thought that the indy likeness was WAAAY off, but maybe that's just me...
his eyes look too dark and nothing like harrison ford, i'd rather get the sparrow if comparing likenesses

https://photos.actionfigs.com/data/2256/NYF_7077_resize.JPG

but then this pic of sparrow is pretty darn akward as well
https://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=10012&cat=2260
his face is like an upside down triangle.

the only CM i'll ever buy, will be the bruce lee CM.
and that'll be a huge dent in my wallet

Last edited:
I don't think there's any way I'm gonna be able to swing either one of these, but could someone post CM's URL for me? I'd sure like to check out their site... Much obliged! :cool:

Mudshark said:
I don't think there's any way I'm gonna be able to swing either one of these, but could someone post CM's URL for me? I'd sure like to check out their site... Much obliged! :cool:
i HATE their site.
it's so akward and disfunctional.
i don't know what's going on and how to order or how to look at any of the figures.
but here it is

https://cinemaquette.com

they should DEFINATELY remake that website though

I'd do a complete redesign and development of their site for a couple of complimentary CMs.

;)

Seriously, I could get a couple of developers and knock out an awesomely improved site for them over a weekend. :cool:

sunohc said:
i HATE their site.
it's so akward and disfunctional.
i don't know what's going on and how to order or how to look at any of the figures.
but here it is

https://cinemaquette.com

they should DEFINATELY remake that website though
Yeah, their website is not exactly user friendly. You click on one thing to order and on other pages to look at more pics of the products. It is set up really weird.

IrishJedi said:
I'd do a complete redesign and development of their site for a couple of complimentary CMs.

;)

Seriously, I could get a couple of developers and knock out an awesomely improved site for them over a weekend. :cool:
maybe you should and make it like;
"cinemaquette2.com"
haha and see what happens, maybe they'll like it more
maybe they'll sue:eek:

We've seen 100 times how one bad angle, or bad lighting can make the difference in a good or bad picture. It's amazing that people still jump all over a figure they haven't seen in person for being inaccurate. My favorite are the people that say things like "it doesn't look like ____ at all" or "I see no likeness whatsoever" give me a break Michelangelo. :rolleyes: Sure, you're free to have your opinions, doesn't mean other people won't think you're full of it! :D

Back