Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really surprised at how many people like this cheesy movie. Different strokes I guess.

I love sci fi, so I will be rooting for this to be good, but the first one doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Yeah I don't like it that we got a Hemsworth, hopefully he won't be a posterboy.

Seeing the timeline, damn, they've build an awesome world, I wonder if they'll tell us more about the Congo Ground War, sounds interesting.

Also, it says what happened with Col. Hiller.

Really surprised at how many people like this cheesy movie. Different strokes I guess.

I love sci fi, so I will be rooting for this to be good, but the first one doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
It's actually less cheesy than JW and TG, it's well written, has more character depth than the previously mentioned movies, and has way better designs than previously mentioned movies. Overall a much better sci-fi than those.

Not sure why supposedly the consensus is that it's bad.

Last edited:
The consensus on this board is that if it's a movie........it's bad.

:lol

I'm excited for this! I like the original enough as an adult. Loved it as a kid. It was a big deal. I love the dated technology and the cheesy computer virus plot. I had all the action figures and they came with mini games on floppy discs. Good memories.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not it isn't, you're just saying that because you don't like when people express opposite opinions to yours.

You're full of ****. What I don't like is that some people claim almost everything sucks and endlessly rail about it over and over. I think horror movies suck, but don't feel the need to go into horror movie threads and repeat how much they suck over and over.

You're full of ****. What I don't like is that some people claim almost everything sucks and endlessly rail about it over and over. I think horror movies suck, but don't feel the need to go into horror movie threads and repeat how much they suck over and over.
Ok.
8Yk0gEN.gif

So whiny.

Was that in the trailer or in the history video?
I saw it in the timeline on the website but someone told me it's on the trailer too.

He was the worst part of the first film, for me anyway.

He was alright, but he would've taken the whole screen in this one and that would've been bad.

Last edited:
Quietly optimistic about this one. Looks good so far. I saw the first one at a theater in San Diego back in 1996 with a VERY good crowd who would laugh and cheer at the right times. One of my best movie going experiences so far.

Back