Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jye......I went to the double feature. Maybe that is why I have a different opinion. Watch the first one before you go. Maybe that will help.

Or not. Couldn't hurt! :lol

Nope, wife wants to go watch tonight at 7 and I put my foot down and said maybe.

:lol

jye......I went to the double feature. Maybe that is why I have a different opinion. Watch the first one before you go. Maybe that will help.

Yep, I did a double feature too: Resurgence and then The Shallows. I left the theater happy. :D

This one was, definitely. I remember someone posting it before. It was Miley's head on a raw, whole turkey. YIKES! :lol

:lecture

Just for ****s and giggles I googled "Miley head raw" and the first two images that came up were of the one you described. :rotfl

Hmmm curious to see who I agree with. I tend to get where both of you are coming from with you film taste and tend to share some of the same views.

I really don't care for the first film. I pretty much think that everything Emmerich has made is completely goofy and pretty bad. Only reason I am going is because my friend wants to and my kids want to. I could easily skip on this... But I find it interesting that khev does not care for the first but likes this one... Makes me think I might find some enjoyment... Yet a-dev makes it sound more like what I am expecting but he enjoys the first one, which was one of the major disappointments of my younger movie going life.

I will declare who is wrong and who is right after Tuesday night ;)

OK So I just got back... I said I would let you know who was right between Khev and A-Dev

Khev said the first movie was not very good and the new one is better and overall not bad.

A-Dev liked the first one and said the new one is crap.

In a way they are both wrong (or both right depending how you look at it)

BOTH films are crap. However this new one was even crappier then the original. So A-Dev wins I guess :) ;)

The original at least had a bit of charm... This one was boring, had dumb characters and jokes like the first... But lacked charm.

My son liked it though. So not all was lost :)

OK So I just got back... I said I would let you know who was right between Khev and A-Dev

Khev said the first movie was not very good and the new one is better and overall not bad.

A-Dev liked the first one and said the new one is crap.

In a way they are both wrong (or both right depending how you look at it)

BOTH films are crap. However this new one was even crappier then the original. So A-Dev wins I guess :) ;)

I'll take it!

I thought JAWS would be inclined to agree more with me until he professed his undying love for Back to the Future Parts II and III in the Shallows thread. ;)

Both thoroughly enjoyable movies, worthy sequels IMO. Transplant today's Khev (minus his memory of those films) into the body of late 80s Khev and I bet he'd enjoy them too.

Late 80's Khev didn't like the future sequences of BTTF II but loved it when Marty went back to the 50's. The future was too silly and I just couldn't handle Marty's girlfriend being a different actress. In the end I thought it was "okay." I didn't rush out to see BTTF III because the Wild West backdrop didn't seem that compelling. I ended up seeing it at a dollar theater double feature back to back with D*ck Tracy. BAD night at the movies. :lol

Today the first one is just as good as it was in 1985 and I just don't care for the other two at all.

And I should probably change the thread name to Independence Day: Resurgence because after making $9 million less than the original ID4 twenty *years* ago (with no 3D, IMAX, inflation, etc.) I really doubt we'll be seeing any more of these. :lol

Late 80's Khev didn't like the future sequences of BTTF II but loved it when Marty went back to the 50's. The future was too silly and I just couldn't handle Marty's girlfriend being a different actress. In the end I thought it was "okay." I didn't rush out to see BTTF III because the Wild West backdrop didn't seem that compelling. I ended up seeing it at a dollar theater double feature back to back with D*ck Tracy. BAD night at the movies. :lol

Today the first one is just as good as it was in 1985 and I just don't care for the other two at all.

And I should probably change the thread name to Independence Day: Resurgence because after making $9 million less than the original ID4 twenty *years* ago (with no 3D, IMAX, inflation, etc.) I really doubt we'll be seeing any more of these. :lol

Actually, they only need a little bit more to break even cost wise if you include overseas. The director is already talking about another one.

As for BTTF, I loved the first one, liked the second, and can tolerate the third.

Another weird thing about BTTF II and III was that at the end of Part II they showed like a five minute highlight reel of what was to come in Part III, including Marty dressed as a cowboy being reunited with Jennifer on her porch. Umm, thanks? :cuckoo:

Saw it last night. Really enjoyed it. Absolutely it's 'second verse same as the first' but I liked the wider canvas (using the moon e.t.c.) And given the overwhelmingly stateside population on the board, I'll carefully mention that the 'integrated world' sits far better with me than the patriotic drum beating that occurred in the 1996 one, making that one a slightly uncomfortable watch for anyone outside the US.

Interesting "what if" video injecting a little reality into the situation faced in these movies.

P.S, to those saying ID4 was crap, my mature response is this... :pfft:

D ick Tracy couldn't been so much better. The characters were great in it, but the story was lame.

Back