Inception thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes that's why I've asked if this is the finished product or not. it's a badass sculpt, but personally i still can't see THAT much of leos charisma and likeness. It has potential and i can see some areas which matches leo, but the overall look is a bit off-looking.

leo.png

leos head should be more rounder. the sculpted is just to "thin" on the chin area. eyes need to be a bit more in the middle of the face and small changes to the nose :monkey3

please don't get me wrong, I really like your quality of the sculpt. I also ordered one, but maybe you can find some time for changing it a bit. I'm not here to make you bad or anything else, i just give you some tips for improvements.

I must agree to all what have been said above.
Good start but coud be improve.

But still awesome work.

Good comparison bud.

Perhaps it could benefit from a slightly shorter nose? You are right regarding the eyes. As been mentioned, Leo's features are kind of scrunched up and perhaps not quite enough on the sculpt?

Don't get me wrong either though, already bought mine. :D

Yes a shorter nose could also help. The tip of the nose is a bit too long and goes a bit too much down.

Yeah agree with Thrust, little tweaks that you have mentioned could certainly make this awesome sculpt even more awesome :)

Again i still ordered as i still really love it but tweaks would certainly be awesome :wink1:

Hello, folks. I've been following this thread with great interest. I post frequently over at OSW but so far have only been a lurker here...Looks like a lot of great stuff is in the works.

I have been working on a snow scene Cobb and this is what I have so far. He is mostly done, except for the rifle and the dio. I'm still waiting on the rifle to be shipped and I'll have to "winterize" it. I have found it very difficult to find good ref pics of the snow clothing.

I hope you like the WIP. Thanks, guys!

doug

P1000714.jpg

Hello, folks. I've been following this thread with great interest. I post frequently over at OSW but so far have only been a lurker here...Looks like a lot of great stuff is in the works.

I have been working on a snow scene Cobb and this is what I have so far. He is mostly done, except for the rifle and the dio. I'm still waiting on the rifle to be shipped and I'll have to "winterize" it. I have found it very difficult to find good ref pics of the snow clothing.

I hope you like the WIP. Thanks, guys!

doug

P1000714.jpg

That looks killer Doug. i really like it :clap

Now I'm pretty crap on photoshop but I've been messing around with this sculpt and I may as well post this image here. I made the chin wider and a little longer , also made the area above the lip and below the nose a tiny bit longer. Lowered the right eyebrow and made the whole jaw line a little fatter. Oh , I think I also brought the forhead down a little and knocked a little flesh of the tip of the nose. This mockup isn't perfect either obviously , I'm just showing a few places I personally think there are problems.

Sorry that round the head the cut is so choppy , I'm tired.
It is an excellent sculpt , very close to perfect , just a few areas throwing it off imo.

inception.jpg

I've decided I'm gonna buy them both if they're still available in the morning. They are excellent sculpts regardless of the tiny things that are throwing it off for me a little. Awesome work as always Sunohc. :rock

Now I'm pretty crap on photoshop but I've been messing around with this sculpt and I may as well post this image here. I made the chin wider and a little longer , also made the area above the lip and below the nose a tiny bit longer. Lowered the right eyebrow and made the whole jaw line a little fatter. Oh , I think I also brought the forhead down a little and knocked a little flesh of the tip of the nose. This mockup isn't perfect either obviously , I'm just showing a few places I personally think there are problems.

Sorry that round the head the cut is so choppy , I'm tired.
It is an excellent sculpt , very close to perfect , just a few areas throwing it off imo.

inception.jpg

Well done. :clap

As others have said, I have bought this regardless. It's an amazing sculpt as is, but some modifications could help and your photoshop shows that well.

:peace

Got to be honest , I can't see much Leo personally in this sculpt.
I'm debating now actually making any since without Leo , Joseph would look a little odd. :thud:
I'll have to think about it. Good luck with you're bashes guys. :D

I'm with you. This really hinges on a good Cobb. Arthur's amazing but I just don't know if I could get him without a quality Leo to go with this.

I like usmchicks' photoshop modifications. A perfect sculpt is hidden in there somewhere.

When Sunohc said the sculpt was a tad smaller than the Joseph one adding a little more flesh around the chin could also make up for that problem too. That and a little of the tip off of the nose and I think it would be greatly improved.

Nice mods uscmhicks, those few minor changes make a wold of difference. I'm not familiar with the sculpting process, so I don't know how possible it is for Daniel to make those changes, but if he does, I'll be over the moon!

Just bought and paid for both with necks. They were actually cheaper than I thought they were once I put it all in the basket so I had enough to buy them tonight along with the vest. :D
Thanks for sculpting these Dan. :rock

^^Nice! :hi5:

I was very pleased with the price as well!

[Am I the only one going with no neck? :huh]

You guys are making me nervous buying this sculpt sight unseen...

I'm sure it's fine. There's always a few tweaks here and there that can be done. Dan said he was having a hard time with the likeness, and I know he's jam packed with sculpts to get done before he goes to back to school. Maybe this was a 'well I should really be moving on to the next one' situation. Hopefully he can find the time inbetween his other sculpts to do the tweaks you guys are mentioning since it sounds like it would take the sculpt to the next level.

Back