Inception thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, thank you so much for the encouraging words and support (orders). :1-1:The Regular neck versions are almost approaching sell out but for those who PMd me I have reserved them for you.

The edition size is set at 30 but mostly because if it's only 30, is the casting time is faster and I can get these guys out to you ASAP. If there is enough interest after that number is reached, I will consider making second molds for popular versions (regular version?)

ALSO
in case there is anyone lost and not knowing where the pics are,
I UPDATED THE FIRST POST with pictures:peace

Okay, so the "without neck" option doesn't require any drilling. It's ready to instal.
What about the "with neck" option? Does that require drilling?

The Regular Neck version has a neck-hole made for Dragon/DML bodies. The hold is slightly smaller than what's needed for the Hot Toys neck adapter necks but with slightly drilling/carving with X-acto knife, you can fit the head.

The WITHOUT neck version should fit well on a Hot Toys neck peg since an actual hot toys neck was used in the casting process.

I'm just afraid of this:

And the neck can be miles too long.

in the past I've always sculpted the heads a little longer so people have the option of shortening them if they want. If the neck is too short, then that's usually a problem.
Arthur's neck is slightly smaller than the Denzels I did.

Regarding the head,
I haven't baked it yet so I am tweaking a few things (eg. the nose)
I tried to keep his face scrunched without shrinking it too much, so I decided to sculpt outwards and keep it scrunched and also big enough. I'll see what I can do with the roundness :)

The nose is a pain to resculpt but I've done it many times before with other sculpts. Sometimes chopping it off and re-doing it is the only way to go haha. I may not have pics of it edited anytime soon but I will be doing that before it goes into the oven.

I think it's the width of the jaw line more than anything that may be throwing it off a little. Maybe the length of the chin.
Thanks for the info regarding which bodies they fit on , I had a nightmare getting the Denzel on a hot toys body but I did actually manage it after pusing down and nearly breaking my arm. :lol:rock

First of all, thank you so much for the encouraging words and support (orders). :1-1:The Regular neck versions are almost approaching sell out but for those who PMd me I have reserved them for you.

The edition size is set at 30 but mostly because if it's only 30, is the casting time is faster and I can get these guys out to you ASAP. If there is enough interest after that number is reached, I will consider making second molds for popular versions (regular version?)

ALSO
in case there is anyone lost and not knowing where the pics are,
I UPDATED THE FIRST POST with pictures:peace

The Regular Neck version has a neck-hole made for Dragon/DML bodies. The hold is slightly smaller than what's needed for the Hot Toys neck adapter necks but with slightly drilling/carving with X-acto knife, you can fit the head.

The WITHOUT neck version should fit well on a Hot Toys neck peg since an actual hot toys neck was used in the casting process.

in the past I've always sculpted the heads a little longer so people have the option of shortening them if they want. If the neck is too short, then that's usually a problem.
Arthur's neck is slightly smaller than the Denzels I did.

Regarding the head,
I tried to keep his face scrunched without shrinking it too much, so I decided to sculpt outwards and keep it scrunched and also big enough. I'll see what I can do with the roundness :)

The nose is a pain to resculpt but I've done it many times before with other sculpts. Sometimes chopping it off and re-doing it is the only way to go haha. I may not have pics of it edited anytime soon but I will be
doing that before it goes into the oven.

:rock2:rock2:rock2 :yess::yess::yess:

Thanks Dan thats just awesome news :)

Awesome news indeed! Thanks Daniel, we all appreciate your passion for perfection. :hi5:

Regarding the head,

The nose is a pain to resculpt but I've done it many times before with other sculpts. Sometimes chopping it off and re-doing it is the only way to go haha. I may not have pics of it edited anytime soon but I will be doing that before it goes into the oven.

"I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again"............:peace:peace:peace

I will be keeping my eyes peeled for the tweaked Cobb. I am still very interested in this project and was kinda bummed out to see the Cobb. It's not horrible, but it's just "off." usmchick's suggestions and photoshop job are right on the mark. Good luck!

EDIT - That snow layer Cobb is awesome! I'd love an Eams like that to go with rain layer Cobb and hotel layer Arthur.

^^Are you going with "rain layer" Cobb?

I thought I was the only one. :)

Ideally. I'd like them to contrast one another. Guys in suits are boring!

And I broke down and preordered these sculpts. I own worse sculpts than this from lesser quality movies. I'm hoping the revisions are a bit better than what is currently available!

No, I'm broke and plan on extending this project out over the next several months. I don't wanna miss out on these heads though! I will probably find the outfits before finding a painter for them.

Now I'm pretty crap on photoshop but I've been messing around with this sculpt and I may as well post this image here. I made the chin wider and a little longer , also made the area above the lip and below the nose a tiny bit longer. Lowered the right eyebrow and made the whole jaw line a little fatter. Oh , I think I also brought the forhead down a little and knocked a little flesh of the tip of the nose. This mockup isn't perfect either obviously , I'm just showing a few places I personally think there are problems.

Sorry that round the head the cut is so choppy , I'm tired.
It is an excellent sculpt , very close to perfect , just a few areas throwing it off imo.

inception.jpg

This is a massive improvement! Please tweak that jaw/cheek area Daniel!

The second one from the Explorer figure. Looks much nicer. The other is just a cut piece of leather whereas the other one looks 'finished' with the stitching and whatnot. :)

The second one from the Explorer figure. Looks much nicer. The other is just a cut piece of leather whereas the other one looks 'finished' with the stitching and whatnot. :)

Yeah that's what i thought to. My only hold up is that in some pictures it has looked gold, but I think that may be a different belt...

Just got this email:

Bryan Lo ([email protected]) has issued a refund for $7.50 USD of your original payment.

See Refund Details below for more information.

Message from merchant: For combine all your orders (include our site) .
Thank you~

I didn't realize it, but I ordered my pistol, vest, and leather jacket all from 7toys7. Pretty cool that they're combining shipping. :)

[Especially considering that some of it was bought on their site and some on eBay!. Will definitely add them to my favorite sellers.]

Last edited:
Alright, belt is bought!

Now I just need to decide what to do for Cobb's shoes.

The Indiana boots are nicely detailed, and you wouldn't be able to tell that they aren't really shoes... just not sure if their dark enough. And the CS versions are almost too dark... and too beat up.

Here's the ROTLA boots: https://www.toyanxiety.com/indiana-jones-indiana-jones---boots-designed-for-hot-toys-bodies.aspx

And here's the KOTCS boots: https://www.toyanxiety.com/indianajonesindianajonescrystalskull-bootsdesignedforprometheusbodies.aspx

I dunno, maybe neither of them are dressy enough. It's hard to tell what Cobb is wearing in that pic above...

Hmmm, if the choice is between the two, I'd go with the ROTLA. I think they'll do fine.

In that pic it looks like Cobb is wearing just basic brown dress shoes. Nothing special about them at all.

Back