InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else think leaving the hat on long term might damage the rooted hair? I’m thinking of getting a second one so I can have both looks (display only 1 at a time).

I much prefer the full wizard look.

Mines of Moria part two.

IMG_3178.jpeg
IMG_3173.jpeg
IMG_3170.jpeg
IMG_3168.jpeg
IMG_3161.jpeg

Anyone else think leaving the hat on long term might damage the rooted hair? I’m thinking of getting a second one so I can have both looks (display only 1 at a time).

I much prefer the full wizard look.
I wondered about that too. The hair doesn't have nearly as much product in it for rigidity like the Joker did. I think the hair will fray and frizz over time and the hat will only affect the shape. So far I haven't found a way to get a satisfying placement of the hat and think it will take a lot of forcing to have it sit just right. That will surely mess up the hair. It's a one time decision, to have the figure displayed with the hat or without. Getting a second Gandalf would be ideal - I'd like to do that too - but oh the cost! The cost that could go towards buying another InArt figure altogether.

everything has wear and tear. Removing the head, hands, accessories and hat. I’d try and not be too handsy with the figure.

All we can do is try and prolong the lifespan
Wear gloves to avoid oil on the figure, avoid sunlight,humidity, smoke. Who knows after 5 years maybe the paint will fade or maybe it might start cracking.

Last edited:
I would think the only potential problem with the hat is if you're constantly alternating between hat and no hat, reshaping the hair each time. In other words, I don't see the hat itself causing issues so much as excessive handling might.

everything has wear and tear. Removing the head, hands, accessories and hat. I’d try and not be too handsy with the figure.

All we can do is try and prolong the lifespan
Wear gloves to avoid oil on the figure, avoid sunlight,humidity, smoke. Who knows after 5 years maybe the paint will fade or maybe it might start cracking.
I think Inart should brand and sell those black gloves

Did you order from Kit? Mine has been stuck too - this new shipping method he used this time is actually taking longer for me than previous orders.
Don't blame the way Kit shipped...Blame Louis DeJoy (postmaster general) ! He is systematically sabotaging the US postal system- and needs to go!!!
His new route "improvements" are more than a total disaster. Just the other day Georgia's senator Jon Ossoff ripped him a new one
for the abysmal way he is running/ruining the post.

Don't blame the way Kit shipped...Blame Louis DeJoy (postmaster general) ! He is systematically sabotaging the US postal system- and needs to go!!!
His new route "improvements" are more than a total disaster. Just the other day Georgia's senator Jon Ossoff ripped him a new one
hmm have not heard of this but that may explain why one of my international eBay purchases got "lost" after it made it to the use and then transferred to the post office

Where I live, mail gets to within an hours drive of me and then is transferred- two states away and rots in a terminal before it is sent back along a convoluted route that makes no sense. This makes all my mail take as much as two weeks longer to get here than it used to.

I don't really care how Kit shipped it, I only asked because he tried a new shipping method and wanted to know if it was worth the extra money he spent on it.

USPS has been getting worse for years. Nothing can be done about that unfortunately.

This is such a beautiful figure. That portrait is outstanding.

But these %&$king hands are killing me! They pop off at the slightest touch. Super frustrating to futz. I know not everybody is having wrist problems, but it seems like a lot of us are. I can't get mine to hold any kind of pose that puts any weight at all the wrists or he falls apart. (So no drawn sword or raised staff poses.) Honestly, I don't see the point of the wrist magnets. Cosmetically, they don't improve the look over a standard wrist peg (they don't hide the joint) and functionally, well, they kind of suck. Or at least they seem to be very hit or miss. If I could offer IA one piece of consumer feedback it would be to ditch the magnets and use a standard wrist peg. Doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.

But these %&$king hands are killing me! They pop off at the slightest touch. Super frustrating to futz. I know not everybody is having wrist problems, but it seems like a lot of us are. I can't get mine to hold any kind of pose that puts any weight at all the wrists or he falls apart. (So no drawn sword or raised staff poses.) Honestly, I don't see the point of the wrist magnets. Cosmetically, they don't improve the look over a standard wrist peg (they don't hide the joint) and functionally, well, they kind of suck. Or at least they seem to be very hit or miss. If I could offer IA one piece of consumer feedback it would be to ditch the magnets and use a standard wrist peg. Doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.
Do the hands still have the weird little plastic divot that Jokers had? I had so many issues with mine because there’s some kind of plastic sliding securing fastener in them

Yeah for this price point that the whole magnet thing is unacceptable. If I had to choose between peg and magnet I would go peg, they might break but they are much more reliable.

Back