InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm good to know, sorry that happened.

I think I’ll dampen the arms to add a bit of stretch when attempting mine.

There’s no way I’ll get mine down without damage too. I need about 1/4 to 3/8 inch more material before the thumb will slip through the hole.

I think I know what @HyperDrive tore on his Gandalf.😔 In light of that I have to ask…

Has anyone been able to successfully pull the inner sleeves down and get his thumbs through the holes in them like you’re suppose to?
It’s a pain in the ass but doable. I think they made the cuts a bit too high though.

I won’t do it again though. Just another obstacle if I replace the hands

It’s a pain in the ass but doable. I think they made the cuts a bit too high though.

I won’t do it again though. Just another obstacle if I replace the hands
Must’ve been an inconsistency in sleeve lengths then. The end of the sleeves on mine barely come to the wrist joint.

Looks pretty much the same as mine outa the box. Maybe a smidge shorter on the beard for yours but it’s hard to tell until it’s on the body.
I was able to do it, but it was a PITA for sure. I honestly don't think they made the sleeves long enough and just cut small holes in the sleeves after the fact to appease the ppl who actually cared. I don't think he had his hands through any thumb holes in the production pics or prototype convention pics

I was able to do it, but it was a PITA for sure. I honestly don't think they made the sleeves long enough and just cut small holes in the sleeves after the fact to appease the ppl who actually cared. I don't think he had his hands through any thumb holes in the production pics or prototype convention pics
Damn, you’re right! Just went back through and they just had the sleeve over his hands.

I was able to get it too, but it’s definitely a design oversight.. a real annoying one at that. I’ll just make sure the hole I created around the thumb is covered with the tunic sleeve 😌 a bummer but I’ll live with it.

Are people trying to pull the sleeve down to the thumb or slotting the thumb through the hole and then attaching the hand?
I've tried both methods and there us absolutely no give on the material at all. I'm going to make some long mittens instead. Seems like less hassle! Terrible oversight on InArt's behalf that.

Are people trying to pull the sleeve down to the thumb or slotting the thumb through the hole and then attaching the hand?
I slot the thumb through the sleeve first then try and attach it. In the maintenance video inart posted that’s what they do. My hands don’t go in that smoothly though.

It’s about 45 seconds in

Neither way works well. The thumb through the hole marginally works better but it's still very difficult to do. Nowhere near as easy as their video makes it out to be, at least not on my copy as well as other's from what it sounds like.

Last edited:
Lol. Yeah, right. That’s what I did like in the video but the sleeves have no give at all, like @Kalkylen said. As a result, I managed to tear up the right sleeve a bit more than I would’ve liked. Big gaping hole now. Good thing it’s on the inside that’s barely noticeable from most angles, but it still annoys me and bums me out. The left sleeve is perfect though.

I really should’ve taken my time with it and not force it as I did. Oops.

Unless your pose is exposing the joint I wouldn’t bother trying to hook the thumbs through. You might just break the peg then you’re really boned.

Or maybe just cut the slit a bit longer

That's exactly what it's for. Be careful everyone they can snap easily. I snapped the first one by trying to pull it into the gripping hand while he held the staff. Was able to thread the second through the staff and it's OK now. But I need to handle this figure with care more then a HT this is a premium piece.
Hey Luis, may I ask how weee you able to thread it through? I’m using self care tweezers.

I used tweezers also. Needle nose ones.
Thanks for the quick response! Do you just stuff it into the hole, lol? And how long did it take? Are these too chunky?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the quick response! Do you just stuff it into the hole, lol? And how long did it take? Are these too chunky?
Yeah that's what I did I was patient not to poke through it. Watch the InArt video for Gandalf that's where I learned to do it.

Back