InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys might know more, I don’t care much for Joker and didn’t follow that release. I tried to find out if someone modded the base to make all the surface magnetized. It seems to be trickier than I thought…

View attachment 660176View attachment 660177View attachment 660178View attachment 660179View attachment 660180View attachment 660181
I also did this purely to space the magnets apart more- and yes, it is tricky AF.
The magnets in that demonstration didn’t appear to be glued down- but mine were- and required a hammer and screwdriver to pry them loose, which cracked the magnets.

I also dremelled a hole straight through the top cover which I then had to repair.
The magnet compartments are slightly recessed- presumably to minimise the amount of plastic between them and the figure’s feet so, in order to move them you need to shave away a mm or two of the surface.
I certainly don’t want to go through that again.

Using a magnet that covers the entire base is probably too much to ask because that would be one large, heavy, pricey magnet, and simply putting a magnetic surface under the base would result in a far weaker connection as it would rely solely on the tiny shoe magnets to grip through the plastic on the soles of the shoes and the base.

The best and simplest option imo would be for InArt to just make it so we can easily reposition the current magnets inside the base.

When I see posts like that, I lose faith in humanity.

Lionsgate Rambo GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

This gif made me think about how incredible a John Rambo Inart figure with rooted hair would look.

If you were able to find and order the InArt at or around original price, that would be the way to go. If the TDK Joker is anything to go by, the haired sculpt will end up going for at or nearly the cost of the full figure. Just keep a look out at OSK to see when he outs his left over stock up on the website as ppl most likely start canceling their orders.

Thanks. What was he going for on OSK? I know they're usually the best place to go to. The listing is down now.

Any suggestions for other places to PO? MAXNUT had the best price I could find but apparently they're scammers. I was checking out Toys Wonderland but I keep hearing wildly differing experiences with that place. Some people love them and have purchased multiple items with no issues. Others say they take forever to deliver, or not deliver at all, and the CS is atrocious. So idk.

I was checking out Toys Wonderland but I keep hearing wildly differing experiences with that place. Some people love them and have purchased multiple items with no issues. Others say they take forever to deliver, or not deliver at all, and the CS is atrocious. So idk.

You are me last year before I decided to order the Delorean from TW. Don't order from them. It's seriously not worth the hassle.

My thought process was "What's the worst that could happen? They don't deliver, and I file a chargeback. No big deal" Yeah, but filing a chargeback is a hassle. Currently, my CC company is still investigating after a month, and thus far they issued me provisional credits for the product charge, and the shipping charge, then reversed both provisional credits, saying that I didn't respond to them in time, but I did, then re-issued a provisional credit for only the shipping charge. I still have to contact them about the credit for the product charge.

The whole thing has been a disaster.

Thanks. What was he going for on OSK? I know they're usually the best place to go to. The listing is down now.

Any suggestions for other places to PO? MAXNUT had the best price I could find but apparently they're scammers. I was checking out Toys Wonderland but I keep hearing wildly differing experiences with that place. Some people love them and have purchased multiple items with no issues. Others say they take forever to deliver, or not deliver at all, and the CS is atrocious. So idk.
DO NOT order from Toys Wonderland/Comic Sanctorum (they're both the same). Just look at our thread we have here on the board for many terrible experiences everywhere:
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/toys-wonderland.238124/page-46
As for OSK, original price was $515 I believe. However, price might be a little extra for whatever left over stock he has from cancellations.

You can join the waitlist at SpecFiction (link below), but be aware that if you're able to get an order with them, while they are reliable, they will 100% be the very last place to get their stock.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/products/gandalf-inart-1-6-scale-figure?_pos=18&_sid=7ebd7dd97&_ss=r

and simply putting a magnetic surface under the base would result in a far weaker connection as it would rely solely on the tiny shoe magnets to grip through the plastic on the soles of the shoes and the base.
What do you mean? Isn't that the case anyway?

What do you mean? Isn't that the case anyway?
Perhaps the terminology of ‘magnetic surface’ is off. I’m speaking of a material that is not magnetised itself but which is attracted by magnets.

There are magnets in the shoes and magnets in the base, which is what creates such a strong connection.

Some have suggested simply using a non-magnetised metal plate to cover the full surface area under the top of the base.

The magnets in the shoe would still pull towards the metal but the strength of the connection would be far weaker than having a magnet to magnet attraction.

I’m not sure if it’s been said but I think they made some very good changes with the box. Granted it holds only a single figure but its design is so much better compared to Joker. It truly looks premium.

I’m not sure if it’s been said but I think they made some very good changes with the box. Granted it holds only a single figure but its design is so much better compared to Joker. It truly looks premium.
They desperately need a graphic designer

My god those lifelike old hands!! and they gave 2 batteries for the light up staff??
With such perfect likeness, rooted hair n beard, and all those accessories.. For $480, this is truly a steal!!
Where did you see it for $480?
DO NOT order from Toys Wonderland/Comic Sanctorum (they're both the same). Just look at our thread we have here on the board for many terrible experiences everywhere:
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/toys-wonderland.238124/page-46
As for OSK, original price was $515 I believe. However, price might be a little extra for whatever left over stock he has from cancellations.

You can join the waitlist at SpecFiction (link below), but be aware that if you're able to get an order with them, while they are reliable, they will 100% be the very last place to get their stock.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/products/gandalf-inart-1-6-scale-figure?_pos=18&_sid=7ebd7dd97&_ss=r

Thanks for all your responses, Gipetto. Much appreciated. I'm not as dialed in as I used to be with various retailers etc. This thing looks extraordinary. I'm thinking this and Nosferatu are the most impressive figures from this year. I hopped on the waitlist for SpecFiction, though I didn't see a price there either.

Back