InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't fear for Aragorn, he will be the best figure ever and I really like this Gandalf. But I'm still in the camp that I don't see screen 100% IanMcKellen Gandalf here tbf. Maybe because this shows him with just one expression (kinda a mix of being sad or worried) while in the movies he is often tough or happy.
But maybe it is also a kind of posing or photogrpahy - on some pics he looks escellent and real on others not so much. I think he will be great on the shelf with the right lighting.

I also saw people on FB mistaking the prototype photos as final product photos :lol.

That’s when you know those people are full of ****. They’re not making criticisms in good faith.

They’re trying so hard to create a “divisive” atmosphere out of nothing due to their hilarious loyalty to HT.

Holy Uruk-hai excrement on a stick, these HT D-riders need to get a grip.

I don't fear for Aragorn, he will be the best figure ever and I really like this Gandalf. But I'm still in the camp that I don't see screen 100% IanMcKellen Gandalf here tbf. Maybe because this shows him with just one expression (kinda a mix of being sad or worried) while in the movies he is often tough or happy.
But maybe it is also a kind of posing or photogrpahy - on some pics he looks escellent and real on others not so much. I think he will be great on the shelf with the right lighting.

Because there’s slight inconsistencies to the hair and makeup throughout the almost 2 year filming process squeezed into a 3 hr movie, lighting, different lenses, on top of that we have Ian’s expressiveness…we’re never gonna get the ULTIMATE Gandalf because many people have certain scenes or close ups of the character burned into their minds. That’s not to say Ian’s Gandalf is a man of a million faces, but all of the aforementioned plays into how WE the individual sees someone.

PHOTO BOMB ALERT:

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1069.jpeg

IMG_1070.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1068.jpeg

CLEARLY it’s Ian in every photo…but he does look slightly different in every one. lighting, lens distortion, expression can cause slight variations to the eyes, nose, lips, overall shape of the face. That’s why we have folks here saying Asmus’ GTG (sans the poorly implemented PERS) AND GTW look more like Ian because THOSE portraits resonated with them.

And now we have IA’s version where their portrait resonates with me as well as others that are completely happy with it. I see Ian in this sculpt. Someone else may not…and I’m not the least bit surprised by it.

But for someone to say “a downgrade from the proto” is ludicrous and OBJECTIVELY FALSE.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpeg
    IMG_1070.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 0
I think my only complaint is with the bushiness of the beard. It’s more of that Hobbit look than LotR. It’s just a bit too bushy. It was fairly straight in parts of LotR as some of those pics show. So it’s accurate to something just not as much to Fellowship. That’s almost literally splitting hairs as a complaint though.

Really hoping if they get to Saruman they avoid his awful bushy Hobbit beard and stick to LotR.

This applies outside of toys too.
Absolutely true, Now I dont want to bash anyone and there is no offense towards anyone in saying this but here in Europe about 70-80% of people have android phones the minority is Iphone.
Yet basically anyone who has an Iphone treats Apple and the products of it as if its a proclamation from God himself.
And everyone else is stupid and will burn in Hell for not believing in the one true God (Apple). Now this was only an example.
Thats why I never like or rather hate anyone who speaks about any brand/product as if he would speak about the one true religion and ultimate truth. Pathetic imo.

I think my only complaint is with the bushiness of the beard. It’s more of that Hobbit look than LotR. It’s just a bit too bushy. It was fairly straight in parts of LotR as some of those pics show. So it’s accurate to something just not as much to Fellowship. That’s almost literally splitting hairs as a complaint though.

Really hoping if they get to Saruman they avoid his awful bushy Hobbit beard and stick to LotR.
Nah that's a valid complaint and something I've had my eye on since the prototype. It hasn't bothered me though since you can just wet your finger tips and run it down the beard to have it running more straight down. I think they wanted to keep the beard a separate texture from the hair, which has more of that messy curly look to it.

Last edited:
Well, nobody knows what's your subconscious mind is.. not even you ;)
You keep saying over and over again how you are satisfied with asmus Gandalf.. and? the majority of people here thinks the InArt Gandalf is miles better.
We get it, you think the costume of asmus Gandalf is better. Good for you. Some of us didn't think so, and you can't change our mind.
Not even if you keep repeating it over and over again.
Also, you can't tell me not to feel bad for those who regret purchasing crown Gandalf and the extra head.

Other than that, I will quote Nagoya again on his brilliant post:
Sigh. I don't think I am repeating over and over again, it's more like playing Whack a Mole with folks who are so convinced they made the right choice, it's impossible for them to conceive that someone may have a completely different opinion.

And I kind've get it, I guess. If you felt really intense about getting the "right" Gandalf (and you are less into seams and tiny details and lots of volume of cloth, as well as diorama bases). So now folks have a handsome head sculpt Gandalf. Eventually I will have, apparently, a handsome head sculpt Aragorn. And none of these are my favorite Middle Earth characters, being more of a Hobbit fan, I'm less excited about Aragorn than I am about getting Thranduil and his berry crown. No matter how pretty Aragorn is. But a lot of people love, love Aragorn and hopefully he will come out OK.

E.g., not being heavily invested in the character - and with Aragorn, as well - it's easier to look at all the details of the costume, accessories, base, etc. It's my opinion, which certainly isn't trying to change anyone else's mind. It's also whether - "OMG, I will pay any price to get this fig, let me take out a loan, aaaaaaaggggghhh I can't miss this!!!!" or "Nope, I need that IM Mark VI $$$" more.

And I'm happy if folks are happy, as INART isn't cheap, it would have been a shame if folks were as irate as I was about the corner cutting on Blitzway's Zorro. :pfft:

Some of you all should check yourself. We have a member who is admitting that this is a wonderful looking figure. He just says he’s happy with his Asmus one. For some reason you feel the need to bust his balls though. How about not telling the man how wrong he is and let him be happy with his collection.

I will add this. The only reason I’m getting this figure is because of the head sculpt. I was quite happy with everything else on the Asmus figure. If the new head sculpt from Asmus would have been ready before I put my NRD down I wouldn’t be getting this. As far as the cost. 350 over a year ago and 120 now in my mind isn’t the same as 500 on one figure. I wouldn’t have even batted an eye spending the extra 120 on the sculpt. I just didn’t want to chance losing my NRD.

Well I should have known better lol to say anything that could be termed slightly negative in the face of a wave of happiness, but on some level I guess I view Middle Earth fans as a "cut above" in that they probably, you know, actually read books 😁 .

Which in theory means an appreciation for different points of view, or different preferences. And too true, by the time I get done paying for more Gandalf sculpts I will not have saved any money, so it's a good thing I love ASMUS' costumes, accessories, and bases. Shame those ASMUS sculpt upgrades aren't free, for one thing:monkey3.

Halo friends

I preordered from kit my deposit was 75 dollars,but i can't see in my order what the figure should cost in total,do you know the exact price ?
Thank you.

Halo friends

I preordered from kit my deposit was 75 dollars,but i can't see in my order what the figure should cost in total,do you know the exact price ?
Thank you.

Pretty sure the remaining balance on Kits site is $452

Back