InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i felt like since its been done in 1/3 scale, they prefer something new and that no one has seen before so i think going the route of the talk show is great since its fresh and not been done before besides in 1/12
I just mean from an artistic sense, more visually appealing.

As much as I want a Phoenix Joker, I'll probably pass on this release if there isn't a single release option or something smaller. Also, I don't like the other outfits.

Joker 2 is coming out next year, so who knows if that will bring more Phoenix Joker options.

Since this is a limited, mandated priced set. They should have offered 2 different versions of the release, both priced equally.

This would give those that want all of the different looks that option.

But also open up this release to more people by giving those that only want the red suit,
one figure,
or two figures with the same suit like Ledger Joker
three sculpts,
two extravagant dios (Murray show and dressing room) and stair base.

Giving us a serious expression, laughing expression, and a blood grin sculpt. This way everyone is satisfied and you could in turn make more figures, 5k units for each set.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder about this Rhodium tier.

I was really looking forward to this release, but I have to say I've been left a bit deflated. It's not that I don't like the other outfits, its just that I don't care for either of the head sculpts. Haired but closed eyes leaves me flat. And the grinning one is nice but I hope that 'cap' isn't part of the sculpt.

I definitely do not want to pay $1,000+ for just the one smug Murray Joker... and leave the other two in that enormous box.

What I find bizarre was the ‘controversy’ surrounding this film and the potential danger that came with it. (first time I went thru a metal detector at the Alamo in NYC…thanks a lot you incel weirdos and that d-bag James ***holmes)

I think it’s safe to say Travis Bickle was one of the original or probably THE OG incel put on film. Because of social media providing a platform for these…extremists to extend their reach to others, I wonder what kind of reception “Taxi Driver” would have received had social media existed back then.

I find that “2 hour film stock of Todd letting JP go wild” very amusing. I don’t know if you’re familiar with red letter media. Their review on “Joker” was entertaining to watch, even though I disagree with many of their nit picky points…one of the reviewers ‘Mike’ said something along the lines of “theres not one second of film that Joaquin isn’t in” 😂😂

And that bizarre connection with these polar opposite films and the film makers behind them…🤯🤯🤯

Super interesting and VERY eye opening! I just looked at it like “theres an egomaniac behind every director, even the ones that don’t appear to be” 🤣

That RLM episode was very bad. I expected Mike to hate it, he actually liked it, and Jay was actively trying to hate, he hated it before he went in. He almost made some stupid points considering he's usually on the ball with things - I think his comment was that a riot sparking over a Subway murder and a clown was unbelievable. I commented that the BLM movement had a lot of similarities, this video released after that also if I remember correctly.

The film is one of the most left-leaning films in modern mainstream cinema, it hammers home a lot of left-leaning points - the hilariousness of the 'this film isn't subtle' crowd not being able to see its clear messages of helping the poor, those more disadvantaged, 'eating the rich' and not alienating and bullying individuals was both infuriating and funny to unravel. The film hoodwinked people into hating something that aligns with their beliefs and still managed to sweep the awards.

The whole conceit of the movie is that Arthur’s tired of being kicked around and yet, he’s surrounded by kindness. This strange dude shows up in her apartment one night and Sophie’s first instinct is to ask if he’s okay, Gary was so nice to him he spared his life, and even Murray, confronted with a literal murderer on his show, attempts to get through to him. There are fine fellows throughout the movie and Arthur absolutely gets kicked around, but he’s also an unreliable narrator and it shows.

It shows in how he wants the entire world to coddle him for his inability to fit in and his mental illness, all the while finding the same traits in his mother worthy of punishment by death. It shows in the fact that he fantasizes about Murray Franklin as a surrogate father figure, yet, when faced with an interaction where Murray attempted to get through to him in a paternalistic manner, Arthur split on him and murdered him in cold blood.

I'd argue that he's not really surrounded by kindness, more pity than anything. Anything beyond the elevator scene with Sophie and Arthur is to be considered unreliable. We saw Sophie ask Arthur if he's okay, but did that actually happen or did we see his wish to turn up to Sophie's door and ask if he's okay (besides, if it were real, it's quite a normal response to ask something similar).

But I'd argue the most strongly of your interpretation of the Murray scene. That scene was absolutely not Murray trying to reach to Arthur in a paternalistic manner, he was capitalizing entirely on having arresting television, his producer wanting to cut it, he wanted to keep it going. Murray wasn't seeing how Arthur was, he could have cut the show and asker sincerely off-camera, he was antagonizing Arthur intentionally to get the scoop of what really happened at the shootings, and also condemning him in front of the audience as a judge-like-character. Beyond that, and my main two points in regards to this: first of all, Arthur went on the show to kill himself and himself only. Throughout the film he was rehearsing how he'd do it. It wasn't until Murray was talking to him and Arthur looks at his joke for the last time that he realised killing himself on TV would accomplish nothing (I hope my death makes more cents than my life), arguably after seeing the movement that sparked the 'eat the rich riots' he clicked with who he was. And secondly, Murray had him on television SOLELY to humiliate, and to capitalise on the segment shown earlier when Arthur is at the hospital and they show the clip of his comedy night. Murray is absolutely a villain and not a paternalistic person in the slightest.

Everything clicks in that moment of looking at the joke at the end and is a culmination of everything beforehand. Arthur is a passive protagonist throughout the film, and this is the point where the cautionary tale comes in. What happens when those that have nothing and that are treated unfairly by everyone, failing healthcare systems, failures of people doing the right thing etc. fall through the cracks and decide to do something about it in such a misaligned back-to-the-wall manner? This film is entirely for supporting those who need it the most, for having health-care systems in place where healthcare workers themselves are supported, for the rich to pay their even share to help the rest of their communities out etc. The film did a tremendous job even moreso because it shone a light for real on people in the real world who say they want these things and recoil in horror at the possibilities (incels) that can comeabout because of the lack of it. Instead people chose to view it as a support for incels, instead of them viewing empathetically, maybe not fully understanding but at least trying to understand, how failing systems can create such dire desperate people that may choose to lash out due to their real or perceived understanding of their standing in the world.

Last edited:
would have preferred a laughing sculpt on the Murray scene figure but knew that was very unlikely.

Suit looks rushed. Hands look TINY?!

IMG_1813.png

I think I am going to have to make the hard decision to forgo this purchase. I considered selling some of my blood to raise funds but it would make me feel like I am prostituting myself in a way. I thought of persuading my wife to sell some of her many, many handbags but she would probably just end up smacking my face with one of them. Besides, there is a Juac Phoenix Joker that I kitbashed after seeing one of Justin's videos. Yeah, the Australian guy. It is a darn good figure that cost me about $160 to put together.

Last edited:
Suit just doesn’t pop here like it did on screen. Vest needs warmer tones. Blue shirt needs more saturation, as well as the red suit. Currently it’s colors are very dull.

9E0DFF82-E4C8-4D0F-A41B-A3003ABDA0C3.jpeg

We aren’t paying HT prices here, this needs to be perfect.

Those curtains look cheap also, I do like the black glass like material used under the base though.

too thick. hopefully they update it or surf these threads for feedback lol

View attachment 666383View attachment 666384
Indeed, it reminds me of lower tier 3rd party figures tailoring. They most likely will improvement it massively later on, just strange because tailoring usually isn't the downside on these protos. The hairline looks pretty decent there

Indeed, it reminds me of lower tier 3rd party figures tailoring. They most likely will improvement it massively later on, just strange because tailoring usually isn't the downside on these protos. The hairline looks pretty decent there
Rushed deadline to show for this event would be my guess. They’ve stacked too much on their plate trying to please us.

Back