InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't understand why people want a stitched symbol at this scale. It just simply doesn't work and doesn't look screen accurate at all.
I feel the same whenever I saw a custom run of the suit with it stitched on. The edge always looks too thick.

It needs to be done so that the edge is just barely visible. I've only ever seen it done properly on bigger scale statues since they have more room to play with at that scale with it being sculpted. Just don't think it's possible in 1/6 but I'd love to be proven wrong. The edge of the symbol shouldn't be distracting my eyes away from the rest of it.

Problem is, I don't think slapping a ****** sticker on his chest is the way to go about it either. It's a tough one to crack.

1/6:
VtAlhag.png
bUjZxgj.png

1/3:
km3uyb2.png

Movie:
8dca0c7a502098f35d562d66132448f5.gif

b8lAUoc.png

Xj5xEDA.png

I feel the same whenever I saw a custom run of the suit with it stitched on. The edge always looks too thick.

It needs to be done so that the edge is just barely visible. I've only ever seen it done properly on bigger scale statues since they have more room to play with at that scale with it being sculpted. Just don't think it's possible in 1/6 but I'd love to be proven wrong. The edge of the symbol shouldn't be distracting my eyes away from the rest of it.

Problem is, I don't think slapping a ****** sticker on his chest is the way to go about it either. It's a tough one to crack.

1/6:
VtAlhag.png
bUjZxgj.png

1/3:
km3uyb2.png

Movie:
8dca0c7a502098f35d562d66132448f5.gif

b8lAUoc.png

Xj5xEDA.png
100% AGREE. Add it to the reasons this relatively simple suit is so hard to make in this scale.

The sculpt has a lot of potential, but shape of the hair is one of the things throwing it off. If you look at the face alone, it's pretty good from certain angles.

View attachment 666998
Still very rough but I finally see some potential there. As well as improving the likeness they need to capture Reeve's sense of warmth and charm. Just not seeing it with that expression.

Still very rough but I finally see some potential there. As well as improving the likeness they need to capture Reeve's sense of warmth and charm. Just not seeing it with that expression.

This. He needs to look stoic as opposed to angry.

As well as capturing that warmth as you say.

The sculpt has a lot of potential, but shape of the hair is one of the things throwing it off. If you look at the face alone, it's pretty good from certain angles.

View attachment 666998
Interesting that this appears to have the same issue that the Aragorn prototype had, which is the eyes are WAY too big proportionally. I'm bad at photoshop but just reducing their size would increase the likeness.

What if they made a sticker that wasn't prone to cracking? The best solution is to silkscreen it directly into the shirt material
Agree the vinyl sticker doesn't work and it way too shiny, but maybe they could print it onto a separate piece of fabric which is then glued on? I tried that with my figure a while back, and while my attempt wasn't the best I still think the concept works. And it at least has that correct fabric look to it.

20170216_215347 (674x1100)_1.jpg

These two (Superman and Kent) remind me of the really good customs from the early 2000s/2010s. You know, where they were kind of shoddy and the craftsmanship wasn’t the best but it was all we had at the time. Like, you could tell the artist put a lot of work into it, and you knew who it was, but it just wonky and weird looking.
I hear what you are saying here, and I agree this looks wonky, but I would attribute this more to Reeve's difficult likeness than anything else, and that goes for the custom artists as well as here. Trying to do the smirk is really tricky. Similar with folks trying to do a smirking Indiana Jones or Han Solo Ford sculpt. Probably would have been better if they just went with a neutral face as Hot Toys did. Having said that, I think it looks pretty good on Clark. And I'm assuming the sculpt is the same, so it might have something to do with the glasses/hair.

Back