InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. It looks incredible seeing as I almost picked up a JL HT version while on vacation but the $580 price tag scared me away. I don’t have a Cavill Superman yet and I really like at the ZS movies.

a lot of things I had to do.. they included

1. Longer and wider neck (Not giraff neck but longer than original)
2. Shoulder slightly longer (Do not want HT shoulders)
3. Hips and thighs widened
4. Boots were shortened
5. C shaped collar (just like what many people saw)
6. Vibrant cyan colored, less saturated and darker suit.
7. Believe it or not bigger d**k
8. More saturated skin tone because he seems a tiny bit pale.
9. Brighter side hip design straps
10. lower trap proportion
11. More muscle highlights from original suit
Its a good idea to send inart this description so they know what to look for in the edits or they will be spitballing

Nicely done, and I would suggest dm them for sure.

Additionally:
• The thigh straps should be more on the side and not visible on the front
• His hips should be lower
• In Jakk's shoot, Henry's head actually looks a bit smaller in proportion to his body due to the suit
• Henry's dorsi muscle is super wide, you can see he almost has an hourglass figure

I almost want to take a stab at this as well..

After most of what I read in this forum this is what I can come up with. If you guys like it we can use this as reference to send to them. (I think its a signifcant improvement)

There were a lot of things I had to do.. they included

1. Longer and wider neck (Not giraff neck but longer than original)
2. Shoulder slightly longer (Do not want HT shoulders)
3. Hips and thighs widened
4. Boots were shortened
5. C shaped collar (just like what many people saw)
6. Vibrant cyan colored, less saturated and darker suit.
7. Believe it or not bigger d**k
8. More saturated skin tone because he seems a tiny bit pale.
9. Brighter side hip design straps
10. lower trap proportion
11. More muscle highlights from original suit

I'm tempted to dm inart about this and if many people like it we all should send this to them. If they can revise it close to this we all would be happy.

Edit is not perfect, but main thing is that they take this picture in consideration before they take it towards the final product.

My collection is Hot Toys based and this would be my first purchase from Inart. I went on their site and says "Product Not Available In Your Country." I went to other sites mentioned, One Sixth Kit, KGHobby, Pop Collectibles, but they're all in Hong Kong. Does anyone know if places like Timewalker Toys and Collectibles, BBTS, Pop Culture Zone, or even Sideshow will carry this? I usually get my figures from those places.
Which country?

IMG_4714.png

I finally finished, took the whole day to edit this but oh well.

WE NEED TO DM, EMAIL OR COMMENT INART AND SPREAD THE WORD!! They still have so much time to revise the figure but if they see this ahead of time so easier it will be to update the figure.

Last edited:
Maybe not as dark? Work your magic potato. Maybe get the hue closer to the emblem?
It's pretty much the same, great work. The hue of the emblem is close to a pink but the cape somehow isn't 100% same.
Absolutely wild how a few subtle changes, albeit ones extremely attentive to detail, can make such an impact… you’ve improved some really important characteristics that certainly would have been glossed over (and that I would have never realised were so important :lol ).

Really hope you spread these over the net, InArt clearly has some more work to do.
Thanks so much :D, no figure is perfect but if they see this photo they have so much time to revise the custom body and color of the fabric. I will try my best to share it but if you can dm or email there's a higher chance they can consider these changes.
Its a good idea to send inart this description so they know what to look for in the edits or they will be spitballing
Updated the post above. Hopefully it will be easier to share.
Nicely done, and I would suggest dm them for sure.

Additionally:
• The thigh straps should be more on the side and not visible on the front
• His hips should be lower
• In Jakk's shoot, Henry's head actually looks a bit smaller in proportion to his body due to the suit
• Henry's dorsi muscle is super wide, you can see he almost has an hourglass figure

I almost want to take a stab at this as well..
Made the hips lower and removed the thigh straps as you suggested and it looks better.

edit: I revised it to the original head shape, personally it looks fine to me. But I'm guessing the camera lens may have caused his head to be smaller.

Last edited:
Not sure about the head being smaller. You don't want it small that be ends up looking like a pinhead especially when Inart does WW and Batfleck.

Accuracy is all about what this 1/6 collectibles are and really, it's part of expectations in this forum and collectors. Obviously these are just suggestions with no guarantees but why do I feel it's a recipe for disaster with such a number of suggested changes.

Not sure about the head being smaller. You don't want it small that be ends up looking like a pinhead especially when Inart does WW and Batfleck.

Accuracy is all about what this 1/6 collectibles are and really, it's part of expectations in this forum and collectors. Obviously these are just suggestions with no guarantees but why do I feel it's a recipe for disaster with such a number of suggested changes.

Just changed my post so its the head is the same size, but you are right, this exactly is the reason why suggestions are so difficult. It's because accuracy can be subjective and not everyone will agree with it. Just earlier fiveainone said the head is smaller, and now you are saying it's not that small so its difficult to please everyone.

@potatocorner4life you've done a great job on your edits. Not to add more to your plate but if you're going to go this far might as well suggest this as I don't see it on your list of edits - the kryptonian glyphs on the arms need to be moved up as they're currently sitting at the bicep which is incorrect.

I have to agree. I mentioned this earlier that while I welcome the attempt and pursuit of perfection and better figure, especially for the low, low price of $400 that they're charging for it. I do hope they don't take it too far though and we end up with another HT body. Lets hope they use their best judgement when deciding on all the critiques they've gotten given they have the physical product vs just 2D pics that we're going off of.

But, at the end of the day, like my grandmother used to say, "if you don't ask, you don't get" - so, I guess it's better to ask at the chance they actually nail it than to say nothing. They could just say no like they did for pattern on Gandalf's pants :lol

Last edited:
View attachment 665280

I finally finished, I think this is better than I expected. Took the whole day to edit this but oh well.

WE NEED TO DM, EMAIL OR COMMENT INART AND SPREAD THE WORD!! They still have so much time to revise the figure but if they see this ahead of time so easier it will be to update the figure.
Brother this is perfect, just add that glyphs' part as well.

@potatocorner4life you've done a great job on your edits. Not to add more to your plate but if you're going to go this far might as well suggest this as I don't see it on your list of edits - the kryptonian glyphs on the arms need to be moved up as they're currently sitting at the bicep which is incorrect.

I have to agree. I mentioned this earlier that while I welcome the attempt and pursuit of perfection and better figure, especially for the low, low price of $400 that they're charging for it. I do hope they don't take it too far though and we end up with another HT body. Lets hope they use their best judgement when deciding on all the critiques they've gotten given they have the physical product vs just 2D pics that we're going off of.

But, at the end of the day, like my grandmother used to say, "if you don't ask, you don't get" - so, I guess it's better to ask at the chance they actually nail it than to say nothing. They could just say no like they did for pattern on Gandalf's pants :lol

Well the actual price of the figure that InArt is charging is closer to $300 than it is to $400.

Well the actual price of the figure that InArt is charging is closer to $300 than it is to $400.
I understand that. However, that's only if you're able to order directly through InArt and/or the stores that are allowed to carry it. Based on this thread, the majority of us on the board are paying closer to that $400 pricetag.

Just changed my post so its the head is the same size, but you are right, this exactly is the reason why suggestions are so difficult. It's because accuracy can be subjective and not everyone will agree with it. Just earlier fiveainone said the head is smaller, and now you are saying it's not that small so its difficult to please everyone.
your edit makes his neck look like kurt angle. Too thick, he looks like a linebacker. Here's an animated gif making his head slighlty larger, but if you start nickeling and diming them with 15 mico detail changes it will most likely be perceived as white noise and they will throw the entire piece of feedback in the trash, or they will make some of the adjustments but not the ones you really cared about. I think everyone would be better served sending them 3-4 things that are extremely simple to convey. Nice work overall though
supe3.gif

Last edited:
Are we sure the hot toys figure doesn't have paint or shadowing on the suit material itself and the shiny muscle definition is only showing through from the metallic body underneath?

473815-IMG-4699 (1)-02.jpeg

Incredible work potato 👏🏻
I tried bringing out the shine a little more in the abs, the arms, and the pecs, and slightly adjusting the saturation. How does everyone feel about that? It's a quick edit so I can do it again no problem, but as others mentioned @potatocorner4life, if you can manage to raise the glyphs, we'd be golden. Might I suggest taking care of the unsightly bicep joints as well?

Also, the text is a little small, and it can get lost in compression. I'll be sending it separately with the image.

Last edited:
Are we sure the hot toys figure doesn't have paint or shadowing on the suit material itself and the shiny muscle definition is only showing through from the metallic body underneath?
The Hot Toys suits don't have any extra paint/shadowing on them. The screen printing has a bit of a semi-gloss shine to it, then the thin material itself really allows the silver (BvS body) and chrome (JL/ZSJL body) shine through the suit material.

It would appear that the material InArt chose to use for the proto is a bit too thick in terms of the fibers being too close together; therefore not allowing the shine of the under body to shine through in the same way the HT one does. By-Art had this same problem with their 2 Superman releases.

Last edited:
your edit makes his neck look like kurt angle. Too thick, he looks like a linebacker. Here's an animated gif making his head slighlty larger, but if you start nickeling and diming them with 15 mico detail changes it will most likely be perceived as white noise and they will throw the entire piece of feedback in the trash, or they will make some of the adjustments but not the ones you really cared about. I think everyone would be better served sending them 3-4 things that are extremely simple to convey. Nice work overall thoughView attachment 665313

Thanks a lot hopefully this edit can reach them. About the line backer neck, Henry really has a wider build. From his cheek, its a straight line towards his clavicle. Making his head will only make it more disproportionate. But no worries I adjusted the photo from the post I curved it a bit. I can see how mine was slightly exaggerated. The head size is originally fine, its just the neck that needs adjusting.

But also you raise a great point, 15 micro details isn't going to do anything. If we can just send the edit, and tell them the main concerns it might be more managable. But still having a visual reference can help them make those new decisions.
IMG_9120.jpeg

View attachment 665298
Incredible work potato 👏🏻
I tried bringing out the shine a little more in the abs, the arms, and the pecs, and slightly adjusting the saturation. How does everyone feel about that? It's a quick edit so I can do it again no problem, but as others mentioned @potatocorner4life, if you can manage to raise the glyphs, we'd be golden. Might I suggest taking care of the unsightly bicep joints as well?

Also, the text is a little small, and it can get lost in compression. I'll be sending it separately with the image.

Thank you so much :) I honestly like the desaturation, but maybe the redness of the suit can stay a bit saturated. I edited the original post so I raised the glyphs, and adjusted the bicep joints a bit too.

Feel free to edit the text I can see how it can be difficult to comprehend for sure.

Brother this is perfect, just add that glyphs' part as well.
Just edited it on the original post thank you so much man. 🙏

Back