InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Constructive feedback for Inart Superman (A lot of this is gathered from discussion around the community).

Let me preface this by saying that I'm really passionate about this film, character depiction, and suit adaptation. On the outset, I think that this is a beautiful figure. It's easily the best on the market, and it rivals most customs that I've seen, if not all of them.

I've been looking forward to this, ever since the company stepped on the scene and I started to imagine what an Inart Superman could be. But if I'm being honest, I can't help but feel that they haven't put their best effort into this. And if there's a chance that improvements can be made, then why not ask for it? It's something I would be really eager to see.

Moreover, I'm aware that 1/6 has its limitations. I'm not expecting perfection. But I think the aim is to strive for perfection and deliver the best product that they possibly can. And I'm confident in this companies ability to address some of these concerns. Fortunately there's time for them to consider and implement feedback.

Let's get into it.

First and foremost, the fabric is dull. The suit is missing its characteristic sheen, which also enhances the muscle toning on the overall figure.

View attachment 665203

That's the biggest thing that jumps out at me, and I would be pleased if this point alone is addressed for the final figure. And although I can see an attempt to recreate that, I don't think that they've succeeded or captured it all that well as others have.

Hot Toys base figure, customized beautifully by Rory Kurtz.
View attachment 665196

The bicep joint is visible through the fabric, and it's extremely unsightly.View attachment 665200

The neck opening should have a narrower, more rounded appearance. This is due to a subtle curve in the front collar, and the cape wrapping more closely around the back of his neck.

View attachment 665204
View attachment 665201

The color (although it resembles the suit in real life) I believe should be adjusted to match more closely with how it appears on the screen.

View attachment 665198

When we look at Henry Cavill's Superman, we're seeing him within the confines of the film. We're not seeing him inside a backlot. These things are purposely brightened behind the scenes, to factor in color grading and lighting. Sreen tests are made, all in service of achieving the right look for the final frame. I believe the film should guide them and take priority over the real world prop.

As a good frame of reference, the black suit in Justice League was actually blue. The color hues were precisely selected with the intention to change them in post, in the event that Snyder could get his way (Which he did yay!)

Some other things which have been pointed out:

Tubing should terminate at his armpits.

View attachment 665202

Kryptonian script placement on the shoulders is too low.

View attachment 665205

Also, pattern texture is too spread apart. Cape sits too high on his shoulders (Refer again to Rory's custom).

Head to body ratio & body proportions need revision.

View attachment 665199
The likeness needs a little tuning. Portrait appears more stylized than it should be.

View attachment 665207
I would have liked to see a less gleaming expression, given that he's conflicted through most of the film. But that's just a personal preference.

All in all, it's a fairly straight forward design, so every minute detail counts.

It's a good looking piece, but it's not on par with their other work so far. Not even close to their best. It doesn't have the wow! factor that Aragorn does.

View attachment 665206View attachment 665197

I also think they're making it easy for a company like JND to do better if they tried. I passed on all BvS, JL, and ZSJL Superman figures from Hot Toys, but I think this is more on the level of what Hot Toys can do if they actually gave a ****. (And perhaps they'll try again after this).

Inart is asking a premium price that I don't feel is warranted compared to their other offerings, for something that leaves a fair amount to be desired.

Let's hope they don't get complacent. It doesn't get more iconic than Superman. He should be a prime showcase for their brand and their craft.

Message them on social media. If we can get some of these points across, then they will surely listen.

You mention JND, but imo their Cavill 1/3 scale Superman was possibly one of their most disappointing if not their worst piece.

Last edited:
Is it? How can you tell?

I'm basing this off the color on the original image, which seemed on the lighter side (But I didn't want people calling it out, because it's beyond the point I'm trying to make. I didn't want the point invalidated or distracted from, which you've now gone ahead and done anyway lol).

I never gave any attention to the josstice league suit. Regardless. Are there any actual differences between the JL and BvS suits outside the coloration and lightness that comes through?
I know because I made that particular image before JL came out. :lol It leaked with the BvS Batman and Wonder Woman costumes at the time. I'm not completely well versed in the differences between the two apart from the more sheer fabric of JL. I believe that was something to do with the fact Snyder wanted to colour correct it to the black suit in post.

I know because I made that particular image before JL came out. :lol It leaked with the BvS Batman and Wonder Woman costumes at the time. I'm not completely well versed in the differences between the two apart from the more sheer fabric of JL. I believe that was something to do with the fact Snyder wanted to colour correct it to the black suit in post.
Yeah. Either way people would have still pointed that it was from justice league because of how that image originally appeared, and I wanted to avoid getting into that 😅😅

I always get a chuckle seeing things like this, people being so confident where references are from when it's not even their image. Make no mistake, that is the BvS costume. I'm not calling you out, saying it's you who made it though.
Definitely BvS suit that's jakks pacific body scan images.

No shade but how someone can say body looks fine on the figure, ya'll ok? Yes the figure looks good but body proportions aren't accurate.
opened my archive. Still salty I don't have these images in HD, I remember someone asked me 10k
y0_(2) (1).jpg
of.jpg
y0_(4).jpg
y0-horz (1).jpg

FIS4oCLWUAILhXF.jpg

Last edited:
My collection is Hot Toys based and this would be my first purchase from Inart. I went on their site and says "Product Not Available In Your Country." I went to other sites mentioned, One Sixth Kit, KGHobby, Pop Collectibles, but they're all in Hong Kong. Does anyone know if places like Timewalker Toys and Collectibles, BBTS, Pop Culture Zone, or even Sideshow will carry this? I usually get my figures from those places.

Constructive feedback for Inart Superman (A lot of this is gathered from discussion around the community).

Let me preface this by saying that I'm really passionate about this film, character depiction, and suit adaptation. On the outset, I think that this is a beautiful figure. It's easily the best on the market, and it rivals most customs that I've seen, if not all of them.

I've been looking forward to this, ever since the company stepped on the scene and I started to imagine what an Inart Superman could be. But if I'm being honest, I can't help but feel that they haven't put their best effort into this. And if there's a chance that improvements can be made, then why not ask for it? It's something I would be really eager to see.

Moreover, I'm aware that 1/6 has its limitations. I'm not expecting perfection. But I think the aim is to strive for perfection and deliver the best product that they possibly can. And I'm confident in this companies ability to address some of these concerns. Fortunately there's time for them to consider and implement feedback.

Let's get into it.

First and foremost, the fabric is dull. The suit is missing its characteristic sheen, which also enhances the muscle toning on the overall figure.

View attachment 665203

That's the biggest thing that jumps out at me, and I would be pleased if this point alone is addressed for the final figure. And although I can see an attempt to recreate that, I don't think that they've succeeded or captured it all that well as others have.

Hot Toys base figure, customized beautifully by Rory Kurtz.
View attachment 665196

The bicep joint is visible through the fabric, and it's extremely unsightly.View attachment 665200

The neck opening should have a narrower, more rounded appearance. This is due to a subtle curve in the front collar, and the cape wrapping more closely around the back of his neck.

View attachment 665204
View attachment 665201

The color (although it resembles the suit in real life) I believe should be adjusted to match more closely with how it appears on the screen.

View attachment 665198

When we look at Henry Cavill's Superman, we're seeing him within the confines of the film. We're not seeing him inside a backlot. These things are purposely brightened behind the scenes, to factor in color grading and lighting. Sreen tests are made, all in service of achieving the right look for the final frame. I believe the film should guide them and take priority over the real world prop.

As a good frame of reference, the black suit in Justice League was actually blue. The color hues were precisely selected with the intention to change them in post, in the event that Snyder could get his way (Which he did yay!)

Some other things which have been pointed out:

Tubing should terminate at his armpits.

View attachment 665202

Kryptonian script placement on the shoulders is too low.

View attachment 665205

Also, pattern texture is too spread apart. Cape sits too high on his shoulders (Refer again to Rory's custom).

Head to body ratio & body proportions need revision.

View attachment 665199
The likeness needs a little tuning. Portrait appears more stylized than it should be.

View attachment 665207
I would have liked to see a less gleaming expression, given that he's conflicted through most of the film. But that's just a personal preference.

All in all, it's a fairly straight forward design, so every minute detail counts.

It's a good looking piece, but it's not on par with their other work so far. Not even close to their best. It doesn't have the wow! factor that Aragorn does.

View attachment 665206View attachment 665197

I also think they're making it easy for a company like JND to do better if they tried. I passed on all BvS, JL, and ZSJL Superman figures from Hot Toys, but I think this is more on the level of what Hot Toys can do if they actually gave a ****. (And perhaps they'll try again after this).

Inart is asking a premium price that I don't feel is warranted compared to their other offerings, for something that leaves a fair amount to be desired.

Let's hope they don't get complacent. It doesn't get more iconic than Superman. He should be a prime showcase for their brand and their craft.

Message them on social media. If we can get some of these points across, then they will surely listen.
I saw your post on facebook

Its good everyone is giving them suggestions. Its going to show if they really stand by their promise to listen

My collection is Hot Toys based and this would be my first purchase from Inart. I went on their site and says "Product Not Available In Your Country." I went to other sites mentioned, One Sixth Kit, KGHobby, Pop Collectibles, but they're all in Hong Kong. Does anyone know if places like Timewalker Toys and Collectibles, BBTS, Pop Culture Zone, or even Sideshow will carry this? I usually get my figures from those places.
Kit and Giantoy ship worldwide, idk others, never used.

No.

There's nothing wrong ordering from those HK stores. You'll most likely get it faster from them. If you really want a store from USA, go to Spec fiction or One Sixth Outfitters.

IMG_4681.jpeg

IMG_4681.png

After most of what I read in this forum this is what I can come up with. If you guys like it we can use this as reference to send to them. (I think its a signifcant improvement)

There were a lot of things I had to do.. they included

1. Longer and wider neck (Not giraff neck but longer than original)
2. Shoulder slightly longer (Do not want HT shoulders)
3. Hips and thighs widened
4. Boots were shortened
5. C shaped collar (just like what many people saw)
6. Vibrant cyan colored, less saturated and darker suit.
7. Believe it or not bigger d**k
8. More saturated skin tone because he seems a tiny bit pale.
9. Brighter side hip design straps
10. lower trap proportion
11. More muscle highlights from original suit

I'm tempted to dm inart about this and if many people like it we all should send this to them. If they can revise it close to this we all would be happy.

Edit is not perfect, but main thing is that they take this picture in consideration before they take it towards the final product.

Last edited:
View attachment 665225

View attachment 665226

After most of what I read in this forum this is what I can come up with. If you guys like it we can use this as reference to send to them. (I think its a signifcant improvement)

1. Longer and wider neck (Not giraff neck but longer than original
4. Boots were shortened

I'm tempted to dm inart about this and if many people like it we all should send this to them. If they can revise it close to this we all would be happy.

Edit is not perfect, but main thing is that they take this picture in consideration before they take it towards the final product.
If you make the red cape a bit darker for me it looks perfect. Good job!

View attachment 665225

View attachment 665226

4. Boots were shortened

So much better already. I hope they can get the neck width as much, because it still has to sit inside the sculpt. I wish they'd done something different there. Maybe a seamless version without articulation as a second variant.

So much better already. I hope they can get the neck width as much, because it still has to sit inside the sculpt. I wish they'd done something different there. Maybe a seamless version without articulation as a second variant.
Seamless neck? You want a statue? :D I don't think that is possible especially with a moving eye mechanism.

If you make the red cape a bit darker for me it looks perfect. Good job!
Thank you guys so much. The cape being darker can be an easy edit. (Scout already did it xD) But I agree it would be great to have a seamless neck edition. I still think it's doable for them to make it wider and a bit taller than what it is now.

Thank you guys so much. The cape being darker can be an easy edit. (Scout already did it xD) But I agree it would be great to have a seamless neck edition. I still think it's doable for them to make it wider and a bit taller than what it is now.
I think the headsculpt itself is a little wide perhaps.

View attachment 665048
I'll be honest, I thought there was something bothering about the headsculpt, it wasn't the actual headsculpt, it was the neck. He looks to have a more baby face with the thin neck, but 95% of Cavill pictures has his neck wider and a tad bit taller.

Here is the revision after the neck.
I wouldn't change anything about the headsculpt, but hopefully they make a neck change because it changes quite a lot from this simple edit.
View attachment 665225

View attachment 665226

4. Boots were shortened

Absolutely wild how a few subtle changes, albeit ones extremely attentive to detail, can make such an impact… you’ve improved some really important characteristics that certainly would have been glossed over (and that I would have never realised were so important :lol ).

Really hope you spread these over the net, InArt clearly has some more work to do.

they were using multiple suits during filming,depending on the day/night lighting. BvS suit is darker blue in general in the film but it doesn't translate well into merchandise. InArt picked up a good medium and their stock images aren't greatest. I'm sure in person it is darker but also vibrant,which is a good thing, bc HT BvS Superman is just dull and boring.

P.S. I truly wonder how far that brown collar went, haven't see mine since 2019 probably.

I preordered him also, just got my Christopher Reeve HT Superman too... the 2 best representations of Superman in my honest opinion.

Back