In space, no one can hear you say "aww, how cute!" (Aliens & Predator minifigs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: In space, no one can hear you say "aww, how cute!" (Aliens & Predator minifigs)

However for some reason the Star Wars Kubricks can't be taken apart and swapped. Anyone know the reason?

Actually I think some of them can, but apparently they changed how they made them at some point. Even as it is, you can often swap the helmets or hairpieces, which can have interesting effects.

Re: In space, no one can hear you say "aww, how cute!" (Aliens & Predator minifigs)

Actually I think some of them can, but apparently they changed how they made them at some point. Even as it is, you can often swap the helmets or hairpieces, which can have interesting effects.

Yes you can take off the helmets but not the head, hands, and torso. Star Wars Kubricks also seem to be hollow while the other Kubricks are made of solid plastic. Really weird.

My review should be up there soon, that is if Michael will put mine up even though Wookster has one too.

My review should be up there soon, that is if Michael will put mine up even though Wookster has one too.

Well the more perspectives you can get on any product the better I always think, I'll look forward to seeing your thoughts as well.

We should probably add the info about the new AVPR Cosbabies to this thread. Info courtesy of Wookster.

Hot Toys - COSB20_26 – AVPR - COSBABY

Each CosBaby stands 3 inches tall, featuring your favorite ALIEN, PREDATOR and PredAlien in baby form and its unique designs from the movie in special format.

Designs inclusive:
l Alien
l Battle Damaged Alien
l Wolf Predator
l Ancient Predator
l Predator
l PredAlien
l Plus one more SECRET design

**Snap kits with joint articulations
**Removable weapons
**Amazing detailed accessories
**Some assembly required

{Release date: Q2-3, 2008}

AVPR_Cosbaby_01.jpg

I'm in Japan right now and have been buying a lot of Kubricks. (I've hardly found any in actual stores, but luckily I have a mailing address and can read/write Japanese, so I've been able to use online stores in Japan to get a bunch of stuff.)

I also stumbled upon this AVP queen figure that I had never seen before. I'm really starting to get into these urban vinyl/deformed pieces, so it's right up my alley. Interestingly, it comes in 8 or 9 pieces that just slot together but don't really attach permanently, so you could easily disassemble it if you wanted. I paid around $40 for it. It's apparently made by "Good Smile Company" (never heard of them) and they also have an Alien warrior (who looks very good as well) and two predators (who look terrible). It's about 9 inches tall or so and I like it a lot. Has anyone seen these in the US?

sofubi_queen2.jpg

sofubi_queen3.jpg

sofubi_queen4.jpg

sofubi_queen1.jpg

icruise, I've actually seen a couple in Albuquerque, and was really tempted to by them. I'm a big fan of the 'super deformed' line. If I can find the Predator's at a good price, I'll end up getting them.

I think toywiz.com has the AVP Super deformed guys, but their prices are high. I'd only use them as a last resort.

Yeah, their prices are ridiculous. I was trying to decide whether I should get the Alien Warrior one before coming home, and it looks like if I don't get it here, I won't be able to find it in the US, so I think I will. Not too crazy about the predator ones.

Well, took a few pix tonight after gaining the HS of bishop (looks alike) for my latest alien collection. Gonna repaint his hair later:rolleyes:

Kinda making up a story here though:chew
DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

Last edited:

That's a nice Queen, isn't it?

Mine is absolutely wonderful, but she's a ^^^^^, no pun intended, to get to stand without the display stand.

I'm back in the US now, but I did manage to pick up the Alien Warrior figure that goes along with the "Yuru Sofubi" AVP Alien Queen that I mentioned earlier. I really like these figures. Here they are with the AVP Cosbabies to show scale. I got the warrior for about $16 loose on Yahoo Auctions, but the shipping and bank transfer fees about doubled the price. Still not too bad.

sofubi_alien_group.jpg

They look great, I saw the warrior in Forbidden Planet London last year but they wanted a ton of money for it.
Knowing how the Xeno takes on characteristics of its host, it looks like this fella came out of Danny DeVito!

I'm back in the US now, but I did manage to pick up the Alien Warrior figure that goes along with the "Yuru Sofubi" AVP Alien Queen that I mentioned earlier. I really like these figures. Here they are with the AVP Cosbabies to show scale. I got the warrior for about $16 loose on Yahoo Auctions, but the shipping and bank transfer fees about doubled the price. Still not too bad.

sofubi_alien_group.jpg

Excellent deal:naughty Congrats of getting the set.

Back