[iminime] Underworld2-Selene(painted)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might go far a full Selene figure if the head size is addressed and if the costume is well made.

I just got my sculpt in. Paintwork, sculpt, packing... all top notch!! Great job and thank you to Denny and his team!

For those of you concerned with the scale. I did my best to show it compared to my Hot Toys Alice (since I was planning to use the Alice body for my Selene custom).

IMG01222-20111216-1727.jpg

IMG01223-20111216-1728.jpg

Obviously the neck would need some tweaking to alleviate the giraffe effect.
IMG01226-20111216-1732.jpg

Ignore the "dress". It's a work in progress.
IMG01225-20111216-1731.jpg

It's a shame because it's a fantastic looking sculpt otherwise, Denny please address this undersizing for you future sculpts.

It's funny coz I newuh seen Kate likeness in this sculpt.
And now it appears that the sculpt is underscaled...

Not nice at all, guys :lol

It's funny coz I newuh seen Kate likeness in this sculpt.
And now it appears that the sculpt is underscaled...

Not nice at all, guys :lol

I'm just glad I got my refund, I seen this coming after seeing inhand pics of there Jakie sculpt.

Still got my body and boots ready for when a properly scaled Selene sculpt is made.:pray:

It's a beautiful sculpt either way. I hope the full figure version either has a head sculpt that is larger or the rest of the body is done so that the head fits nicely.

It's a beautiful sculpt either way. I hope the full figure version either has a head sculpt that is larger or the rest of the body is done so that the head fits nicely.

It's easier to downsize a sculpt then it is a whole body!:lecture

Just a quick and crude photoshop to rough out proportions. The only modification done to the nude figure was a shortening of the neck. I did not enlarge the head at all. It looks pretty good to me.
comp.jpg

I may try and replicate the pose with my figure for another comparison shot when I get home today.

Just a quick and crude photoshop to rough out proportions. The only modification done to the nude figure was a shortening of the neck. I did not enlarge the head at all. It looks pretty good to me.
comp.jpg

I may try and replicate the pose with my figure for another comparison shot when I get home today.

How did you shorten the neck? Any pics of what the modded neck looks like? I was planning on dremeling the head, but might go this route if it is easy enough.

How did you shorten the neck?

LOL... Photoshop. I guess I didn't word that too well. I haven't done any actual modding yet.

I don't plan to mod the actual body, assuming I decide to use it. I'll be drilling the head to make the hole deeper... I think. Slightly nervous myself.

LOL... Photoshop. I guess I didn't word that too well. I haven't done any actual modding yet.

I don't plan to mod the actual body, assuming I decide to use it. I'll be drilling the head to make the hole deeper... I think. Slightly nervous myself.

Same here.

Alright, here's another crude, but more accurately modeled photoshop.

comp2.jpg

All I did was try and pose the body as accurately as possible. The head was lowered on the neck in photoshop to reduce the giraffe look. I did not alter the size in any way, just moved it down.

As you can see in the overlay, its pretty damn close. Kate usually has a lot of hair action going on, but actually has a rather small face. I'm happy with the size of the sculpt.

Back