[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess by black panthers definition of art the Sistine chapel is just craftsmanship at it's best huh? Seeing as how michaelangelo was instructed what to paint on the ceiling.

And since Norman Rockwell worked from models it's safe to say he is also just a craftsmen mimicking what he saw. No real creativity there.

Craft is certainly a part of art. It's the methods by which an artist chooses to create his work. The craft of painting is required to be an oil painter. The craft of sculpting. Some artists (Jackson pollock for instance) chose to utilize their craft in unorthodox ways.

Sometimes I wonder if monet or Manet or Van Gogh been better at the craft might they have been photo realists? Is it a lack of refinement or skill that develops style? Some argue that a sculptor like rainman is flawed in that his likeness are not perfect representations of those subjects but others see the distortion in his work as his personal stamp or style coming through in the way vanGogh painted skies with squiggly lines as opposed to smooth strokes.

I'm certainly not denying the commercial aspect of art. Most famous artists (michaelangelo, vanGogh, etc) worked for commissions and believed in their art as means of livelihood. Does that too make them businessmen? Does he fact that the Sistine chapel was a paid gig in any way detract from the mastery involved in creating it?

In many respects Denny's figures are authentic. HT for instance is not unlike a print ship that makes lithograph copies of a painted oil piece whilst custom figures are the original.

Last edited:
So I guess by black panthers definition of art the Sistine chapel is just craftsmanship at it's best huh? Seeing as how michaelangelo was instructed what to paint on the ceiling.

And since Norman Rockwell worked from models it's safe to say he is also just a craftsmen mimicking what he saw. No real creativity their.

Craft is certainly a part of art. It's the methods by which an artist chooses to create his work. The craft of painting is required to be an oil painter. The craft of sculpting. Some artists (Jackson pollock for instance) chose to utilize their craft in unorthodox ways.

The elitist water that Omar holds gently between his firm buns of steel as he performs single handed push-ups, he lightly bounces the water not to sir or upset it's natural properties so that it then can release the minerals from the tears of non elitist fan boys creating the most refreshing , pure drink of artistry water available. Each cap is specially hooped for maximum flavor.

You see what this thread has turned into now!!! I still like Pale Rider more than GBU, but that's my opinion !!!!

hmm... its like telling a painter, " My Child, you are not an artist because you are replicating what god / nature / luck created. Go back in time, fart a big bang, create a universe and then paint it... that way, you shall be deemed as an artist!" else you are just a nobody!

i really understand calling things expensive / good and or bad (if they really are or just opinionated) , but saying they are just mere thoughtless production ... :lightsabe

....but but but One's custom makes characters of a movie who were designed and created by other people!

Isnt that contradictory?

not "ones" im thinking of the wrong dude,,BHead is the chap im thinking of. Great stuff

BHead? I'm not familiar. Do you have a link to any of his/her stuff?

I don't think anyone here disagrees with you about Denny, but I'm pretty sure Denny himself doesn't consider himself an artist :lol. He's the boss-man, he doesn't sculpt, paint or any of that. I think that all the painters and sculptors (including the 3D sculptor), not only in Iminime but involved in the hobby on a whole, will consider themselves artists though. I'm sure that most of these people who are handy with a brush or sculpting tools can create art in other mediums/scales/whatever. Even if you want to consider tailoring a craft rather than an art form, I'd say that's subjective and is defined by the beholder. There are certain plenty articles of 1/6 clothing that in my opinion is a work of art

Denny is an artistic director, like a music conductor, he isn't playing the instruments, but through his adjustments, organization and interpretation is how his artistic expression comes together like a beautiful symphony.

BHead? I'm not familiar. Do you have a link to any of his/her stuff?

I don't think anyone here disagrees with you about Denny, but I'm pretty sure Denny himself doesn't consider himself an artist :lol. He's the boss-man, he doesn't sculpt, paint or any of that. I think that all the painters and sculptors (including the 3D sculptor), not only in Iminime but involved in the hobby on a whole, will consider themselves artists though. I'm sure that most of these people who are handy with a brush or sculpting tools can create art in other mediums/scales/whatever. Even if you want to consider tailoring a craft rather than an art form, I'd say that's subjective and is defined by the beholder. There are certain plenty articles of 1/6 clothing that in my opinion is a work of art

that's what im saying,,artists are involved with the process but the end product is not art,,

https://blog.naver.com/systemgore

hmm... its like telling a painter, " My Child, you are not an artist because you are replicating what god / nature / luck created. Go back in time, fart a big bang, create a universe and then paint it... that way, you shall be deemed as an artist!" else you are just a nobody!

i really understand calling things expensive / good and or bad (if they really are or just opinionated) , but saying they are just mere thoughtless production ... :lightsabe[/QU

you misunderstand me,,,i dont think iminime is trying to produce art,,they come across as business trying to find a place in the market as a toy manufacturer.

hi Guys~~

Still debating something? ^^

It's good to be here in LA. Very nice weather~~ I hope to see you guys at Famcon.
thanks!

Denny

Oh...My role in the team...is directing and putting all together to be completed.
(haha not an easy job if you ever experienced)
Every single custom work is checked and directed by me. I have some feel about checking things(not to be too tough on it, team members would be very stressful).
But yes, I advise and direct things where to go......things often while works are being done. also encourage my team and bring their imagination onto work too/
Sculpting, Painting, Tailoring, Accessories...molding...resin quality...are checked by me and I am happy what I am doing.

It's all fine what you call our works, it doesn't matter, we love people who care about our work and appreciate their support.
Thank you guys always ^^

Oh...My role in the team...is directing and putting all together to be completed.
Every single custom work is checked and directed by me. I have some feel about checking things(not to be too tough on it, team members would be very stressful).
But yes, I advise and direct things where to go......things often while works are being done. also encourage my team and bring their imagination onto work too/
Sculpting, Painting, Tailoring, Accessories...molding...resin quality...are checked by me and I am happy what I am doing.

It's all fine what you call our works, it doesn't matter, we love people who care about our work and appreciate their support.
Thank you guys always ^^

Well said Denny!

Thank you guys always ^^

You should have quality controlled that figure Clipper King Reviewed because the arm didn't work properly,

Thank you guys always ^^

Those of us who understand your job know it's hard, and know that you're good at it

Enjoy your vacation brother! Wish I was there!

Ok let's put an end to this dicussion right now!

Good call!

Back