[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics I took today...
love these guys. the detail is just impeccable.

DSC06361_zps22e829f9.jpg
DSC06356-1dragged_zps73b8766e.jpg
DSC06359-1dragged_zps16707884.jpg

I took a couple of pics today, though mine aren't nearly as good as some here. In fact, they're rubbish!

After 3 hours of trying to get the "iconic" look for the poncho, I gave it up. Fabric in this scale just doesn't lend itself to it. It looked like he was wearing a tyre around his neck, so I went for something that evokes that look (and was doable), and I'm reasonably happy with it.

K1KXxxe.jpg

Let us know what you think, I'm thick skinned so if you think it sucks balls, let me know. :lol

And his pals.

EgAtNqv.jpg

7nlzW6G.jpg

After 3 hours of trying to get the "iconic" look for the poncho, I gave it up. Fabric in this scale just doesn't lend itself to it. It looked like he was wearing a tyre around his neck, so I went for something that evokes that look (and was doable), and I'm reasonably happy with it.

K1KXxxe.jpg
That pose is perfect, love the creases on the poncho. nicely done!

That pose is perfect, love the creases on the poncho. nicely done!

Thanks mate. :)

I paid special attention to the creases on the poncho to try and make it look natural. I also had about 20 tiny rare earth magnets stuck on the fridge that I used to get the folds to lay down at the back by sticking them between the creases in the fabric. That was... fiddly.

As Clipperking or Reviewking or whatever he calls himself would say '' Look at that sculpt, Beautiful ''

It would be: "f$#&ing beeEAUtiful"
hahaha, nonetheless he is right in saying it. these sculpts are truly 5/5.

Thanks mate. :)

I paid special attention to the creases on the poncho to try and make it look natural. I also had about 20 tiny rare earth magnets stuck on the fridge that I used to get the folds to lay down at the back by sticking them between the creases in the fabric. That was... fiddly.

That does sound... fiddly. haha, either way it looks great, and his slanted stance too really nicely done, captured his look perfectly! :clap

Hoping someone can tell me.

Angel Eyes, do his boots just pop off, or are they glued on? Have repainted Blondies spurs and given them a wash so they don't look so chromed and toylike, want to do the same to AE, but it would be a lot easier if I take the boots off. :D

Hoping someone can tell me.

Angel Eyes, do his boots just pop off, or are they glued on? Have repainted Blondies spurs and given them a wash so they don't look so chromed and toylike, want to do the same to AE, but it would be a lot easier if I take the boots off. :D

They shouldn't be glued on. I'm sure they'll pop right off with a normal amount of force

I know blondie shoes are glued and denny dint want us to pop them out when we were thinking of sending a boot to him for a small touch up. I am wondering if all 3 probably are glued this time around...seems so...

They shouldn't be glued on. I'm sure they'll pop right off with a normal amount of force

I know blondie shoes are glued and denny dint want us to pop them out when we were thinking of sending a boot to him for a small touch up. I am wondering if all 3 probably are glued this time around...seems so...

Tucos definitely aren't glued. If someone could confirm AE for us, that would be great.

I can't say 1000% because I requested awhile ago for none of my neck pegs to be glued to the sculpt or foot peg adapters to be glued into the shoes. So when I receive my figs, the female adapter that the foot peg goes into (the part that is removed from the body's feet) are in a separate baggie. I'd just assume that there's no reason to glue any of the shoes permanently onto any of the GBU boys because they use the KO bodies so it's not necessary. All they have to do is break the feet and glue the female adapter into the shoe, but not the shoe onto the figure. The only ones that I know of that were glued permanently were the Kill Bill girls because there isn't a female receiver in the feet of those bodies to remove and glue into the shoe (I'm assuming Dorothy is the same way)

If that's the case I'm not sure why. Blondie is using Rick's boots and those weren't glued in the Town Sheriff set. I already had a DX so I didn't get the trio but I know the original SLMcG boots weren't glued on the original. I have a feeling that AE's boots will come right off like Tuco's

could be. i needed a small touch up and Denny indicated that the shoe is delicately attached with glue to the leg for Blondie and so he said "ship the whole figure" - i never shipped the whole figure as i decided to live with a 2mm paint issue on the shoe (no biggie) - but that was my reason to say they may be glued. :(

If that's the case I'm not sure why. Blondie is using Rick's boots and those weren't glued in the Town Sheriff set. I already had a DX so I didn't get the trio but I know the original SLMcG boots weren't glued on the original. I have a feeling that AE's boots will come right off like Tuco's

Back