[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hen just had baby chicks, 11 total but I think I am going to destroy them. There are more important matters going on in the world to stop and enjoy art and Gods beauty I couldn't live with myself enjoying thing I have worked for. You guy realize that you have probably wasted more money out boozing trying to pork fat chicks ,sucking down those overpriced piña coladas . What about the 10.00 a day pack of smokes you probably just should have shoved up your ass to begin with. Not to mention the hormonal, byproduct , garbage fast food you crammed down your greasy gob five days a week. If I want to spend 600.00 on Rick Grimes , I don't , smoke, drink or eat fast food so in essence mine was free when paralleled to others daily routine ! True story

WTF! calm down lad,,,don't hurt the baby chicks let them live,,poor little things

Look at what a wonderful custom Denny made! How can you not support this ****!
155a15691398842a16f592a6834b7dbb.jpg
7ac9133b83867f6257b0c689b1ee85cc.jpg
c7af0b3e27ef494375f86c2b9fd7969f.jpg
8da1f262027e1833bbc06cfaf294db44.jpg

Last edited:
This must be soul destroying for the artist (s) involved.

:(

I will give my two cents on this whole topic. Denny's work is amazing, it's hand crafted art IMO. It's worth what it's worth to collectors who really want it.
That's the same with all art. And this is art on a small collectible scale. It's like a limited run of screen prints art?

It's like Velvet Morning's Bladerunner stuff. Yeah, it's expensive, but it's expensive for a reason. The time work and stress involved in doing any unique small run work is incredibly demanding.

You want it? You can afford it? Buy it, and it will make you happy to know that you have something quite unique.

I don't get the HT boys comparing this level of non commercial 1/6 art comparing it to mass produced commercial plastic.

Rock on Denny & iminime.

It's people like you that raise the bar and force HT to do better.
:rock

I guess id be considered a HT's fanboy, but HT does do amazing work at an affordable price (compared to custom piece) which I get. but I dont think Custom pieces are some higher tier of collectible just because they more limited and sometimes more hand crafted, especially when they rely on other bodies (truetypes usually) to look presentable... not flaming or dissing, but it seems to me theres a few custom collectors who feel like because they paid more they are superior collectors

as for the recasts, Im not surprised. artists limit their work (understandably) but there is obviously still demand beyond that, whether its people who missed out or people who just want to pay less, and its never going to stop. I think the artists may want to look at doing either more runs of just the heads maybe?

Maybe read up on what Cheungkinmen said... how about not diverting to the benefits of water purification rather than focusing on the original point you came to contend with here...

Johnny laid out a basic scenario that too pretty much till building the proto part. There are other factors into it to.

Think after you have got your initial sculptor and painter you spent $2000. Now production. Making the metal mould for mass production PVC sculpts/parts costs almost $3000 itself. And Im talking about good quality ones which hold detail well.
So for an initial ready for production model considering you will have a custom made PVC body (so every part will require its unique mold) may shoot upto close to 30/40k.

And then we havent even started production. Once production starts you have to invest in more money. Can you imagine then if you take a $220 priced HT and multiply it by the 7000-10000 units they make to see how much money has been invested to get that work done? Also remember since HT is already a running process they dont make unique bodies per figure anymore so slowly overtime the initial overheads are spread out.

And that comment from Rick that Carlito's Way is a custom figure exactly shows how ignorant he himself is about things in his collection. His lack of knowledge is spreads onto you. A simple Google search would have shown people that Carlito's Way was a Blitzway mass licensed collectible but no, thats the kind of misinformation that spreads when people blindly follow reviewers and what they say without experiencing and looking at other sources of information.

My water remarks are towards someone who made a post about tap water versus bottle water... which is a terrible comparrisson as its a know fact bottle water is a joke. thats all I was saying, was not trying to further the HT v customs discussion under the guise of a parallel argument... was simply arguing about bottle water :lol

This must be soul destroying for the artist (s) involved.

:(

I will give my two cents on this whole topic. Denny's work is amazing, it's hand crafted art IMO. It's worth what it's worth to collectors who really want it.
That's the same with all art. And this is art on a small collectible scale. It's like a limited run of screen prints art?

It's like Velvet Morning's Bladerunner stuff. Yeah, it's expensive, but it's expensive for a reason. The time work and stress involved in doing any unique small run work is incredibly demanding.

You want it? You can afford it? Buy it, and it will make you happy to know that you have something quite unique.

I don't get the HT boys comparing this level of non commercial 1/6 art comparing it to mass produced commercial plastic.

Rock on Denny & iminime.

It's people like you that raise the bar and force HT to do better.
:rock

:goodpost:

Well said Rory

i dont think anyone thinks that just cause we paid more for customs they are superior. I dont think anyone in their right mind thinks that. HT is great at what they do. But I think we all love customs cause somehow we connect with the artist thats making them and more importantly the characters being made are nostalgic. As for the dollars we all spend, pains us, its the truth, but to have something of that quality, which you know probably wont ever be made by Hot Toys is in itself a satisfaction. Once again i am not saying limited editions, rarity, certificates, etc... none of that matters to many of us. All that matters to me is the final output and of the 10 figures i have so far 9 have been right up there and even slightly edging HT quality. To me thats great cause my HT experience is like 3 out of every 10 turn out "Bla -ish". The only thing i dont do as a rule is buy customs after market. Thats a rule i made and may be someday i will change it but for now i am holding tight to it (for now :)

lastly see some guys do remarkable paint work like rahmier with his bill the butcher and nathan with his wall street screaming sculpt. Show me a sculpt like that with a paint job like that from HT and i will give an arm and a leg (yes HT also has done some great sculpts like aldo, godfather etc) but all i am saying is you can really see how rahmier and many others bring characters to life...

but honestly, i think you guys are just stirring up a lot by comparing figures that are really top notch in the custom world and criticizing them for some stuff that the custom makers are buying off market. Criticize (rightfully) for sculpt / clothing issues if they exist, why criticize for body, hands, which they dint make to begin with. And boxes really? yes it will be great to have them and some day you will see this market will get there, You shld see what HT made as the first terminator figure years ago :)horse)... and from where they are today. Denny and team with limited resources at least make the darn characters look like what they really looked like!!! :dunno what the issue is...

I guess id be considered a HT's fanboy, but HT does do amazing work at an affordable price (compared to custom piece) which I get. but I dont think Custom pieces are some higher tier of collectible just because they more limited and sometimes more hand crafted, especially when they rely on other bodies (truetypes usually) to look presentable... not flaming or dissing, but it seems to me theres a few custom collectors who feel like because they paid more they are superior collectors

as for the recasts, Im not surprised. artists limit their work (understandably) but there is obviously still demand beyond that, whether its people who missed out or people who just want to pay less, and its never going to stop. I think the artists may want to look at doing either more runs of just the heads maybe?

i dont think anyone thinks that just cause we paid more for customs they are superior. I dont think anyone in their right mind thinks that. HT is great at what they do. But I think we all love customs cause somehow we connect with the artist thats making them and more importantly the characters being made are nostalgic. As for the dollars we all spend, pains us, its the truth, but to have something of that quality, which you know probably wont ever be made by Hot Toys is in itself a satisfaction. Once again i am not saying limited editions, rarity, certificates, etc... none of that matters to many of us. All that matters to me is the final output and of the 10 figures i have so far 9 have been right up there and even slightly edging HT quality. To me thats great cause my HT experience is like 3 out of every 10 turn out "Bla -ish". The only thing i dont do as a rule is buy customs after market. Thats a rule i made and may be someday i will change it but for now i am holding tight to it (for now :)

lastly see some guys do remarkable paint work like rahmier with his bill the butcher and nathan with his wall street screaming sculpt. Show me a sculpt like that with a paint job like that from HT and i will give an arm and a leg (yes HT also has done some great sculpts like aldo, godfather etc) but all i am saying is you can really see how rahmier and many others bring characters to life...

but honestly, i think you guys are just stirring up a lot by comparing figures that are really top notch in the custom world and criticizing them for some stuff that the custom makers are buying off market. Criticize (rightfully) for sculpt / clothing issues if they exist, why criticize for body, hands, which they dint make to begin with. And boxes really? yes it will be great to have them and some day you will see this market will get there, You shld see what HT made as the first terminator figure years ago :)horse)... and from where they are today. Denny and team with limited resources at least make the darn characters look like what they really looked like!!! :dunno what the issue is...
:goodpost: Well said Mr. Leon.

I wish people wouldn't even bother comparing customs vs HT. It's not an either/or proposition. Both have their strengths, depending on what one values.

My experience in these threads is really the opposite of LipSmack and some others. I haven't found custom buyers to be elitist or disparaging to HT or its fans, at all.

I wish people wouldn't even bother comparing customs vs HT. It's not an either/or proposition. Both have their strengths, depending on what one values.

My experience in these threads is really the opposite of LipSmack and some others. I haven't found custom buyers to be elitist or disparaging to HT or its fans, at all.

I didnt say everyone, nor did I say specifically on here

Back