[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One time I met this grasshopper named Skipps. We were friends for two weeks when he told me he was gay. I was really upset with Skipps because all this time licking his ******* I had no clue he was gay . I felt very betrayed and had to kill him the straightest way possible. I put him in a a piece of the Sunday paper and hooped him so hard I almost choked . The moral of the story is you should be friends with everyone and be polite

I have received many emails and messages from reviewers saying they have great number of viewers

and then they ask for free figure.
I never sent mine and I will never will.

I sent my email to waiman in UK
Dont send any figure of mine

King. I dont know you
And you cant send me message through fb any longer

Dont send me words any more.
I love UK like my second country

I lived in UK for 2 years when I was younger and I always miss the place and people.

I do not want to think about you when I think about the country i love

I have received many emails and messages from reviewers saying they have great number of viewers

and then they ask for free figure.
I never sent mine and I will never will.

I sent my email to waiman in UK
Dont send any figure of mine

King. I dont know you
And you cant send me message through fb any longer

Dont send me words any more.
I love UK like my second country

I lived in UK for 2 years when I was younger and I always miss the place and people.

I do not want to think about you when I think about the country i love

Hahaha that was hilarious.

Denny if I was you I would ignore it and just block him. You should not waist your time with these sought of people.

You and your team are doing a awesome job. Half of my collection is Iminime/Masterworks and that it's self shows how good the figures are that you produce.

Don't let this fool damage your views on the UK. We're not all like him.

The trio set is still my figs of the year, so :pfft:to anyone who disses them.

DSCF2527_zps400aed0b.jpg

I could nit pick to hell but really life's too short for all that bull. All I know is they look awesome in my collection. :exactly:

Clipper probably thinks cussing while talking to people is cool. Cant blame him, the guys who follow him enjoy hearing him spew expletives so much and encourage him to do more of it for their own entertainment, misleading him into thinking its some sort of gold standard for communication.

Im betting he wrote something to Denny and it pissed of Denny because it was full of expletives as usual.

I thought turbo vs Ozone was a kid got nothing on these guys! No offence man haha! In fact the dude has some points in certain places! What is the big deal? Everyone is entitled to an opinion right?
Whilst you guys are fighting over some poxy pieces of resin and plastic their are kids and collectors out their who'd give the world to own even a hot toys figure.

Omars comment of minimum wage actually hurt a lil because as a kid I never had these luxuries while you guys were probably sat on your thrones of models! But Omar knows he's an idiot for saying that right Omar? And we all say stuff when we are angry so I can sort of understand!

The real point is someone has spoken up about the quality of what you pay and others dislike it but just remember this...... Whilst you are all fighting what are you achieving ? You are all grown men so why act like you need nappies? I ain't here to fall out with no one but seriously guys common? There are people in this world who don't have the luxuries of even being able to buy a decent meal let alone £1,000 figure set!

I'm a fan of both Denny and Rick and I refuse to choose a side just because someone's been honest and the other disagrees! Not everyone believes in the same thing. No one on this fourm is lower than anyone else well maybe Odell and q :rotfl Bit we are all here for the same reason, right? To charge our love for this hobby!

Common guys grow up this isn't play school it's sideshow freaks!

Rant over! :)

I would like to take this time to apologize to anyone who might have been offended by my comments. They were directed at Clipperking and his lackeys and were made in retaliation to quite a few inflammatory comments from him. Still its inexcusable and ignorant of me to say it. Truth is I don't come from a wealthy family either. I've had to work hard for the luxuries i have. Anyone who knows me in real life knows that i respect hard work more than anything. Please accept my sorrowful regret.

Clipperking thinks that I shouldn't be able to comment on his reviews or his 'hobby' The irony in all of this of course is that while i was commenting on Clipperkings review he was in fact offering comment and criticism. Its the very nature of reviewing. Needless to say my assessment of his review was not well received by him. At first, before emotions got the better of me, i offered detailed explanations in the effort to inform Clipperking of some facets of his review that I believed were unfair and/or erroneous. Subsequently i let my temper get the better of me.

Hahaha! C'mon man. What is all this talk about misconceptions? What was not brutally clear or honest about that review? He's out of his element reviewing custom figures now? Dude your out of your element trying to even suggest that to a guy that has like 4000 subscribers doing somthing that is well within is element....REVIEWING FIGURES! He must be doing somthing right.

Here's a review coming from someone who is not a custom figure Hoarder, HOW REFRESHING! That review was full of praise, too much infact for someone your labeling as a custom figure hater. He doesn't like the film....so what! How many figures have you bought without even knowing a damn thing about the film! :rotfl. Am I mistaken in saying you were the guy that went scrambling to watch this GBU film when it was announced as a future product release? Was that you or am I missing somthing here? Do we need to press rewind pop, because I'll go digging in the archives for those comments.....:wink1:

Denny has bent over backwards to cater to his customers, more than any other figure maker on this board. That is true. On average, for what these figures are, the price is fair, that is also true. But have there been some major flaws.....absolutely. Everyone wants to talk about the technicalities of how the manufacturing process works with customs and blah, blah, blah. Spare me dude. What type of company is this! How about we start off with somthing easier....Which company is this? Is it Iminime or Masterworks?

Custom figures can't come with custom sculpted hands because it's not feasible with the accessories....what A GUN, 1 GUN? That is the craziest thing I heard yet. You know very well that custom hands are possible and the bring out so much more realism to a figure and would constitute real handmade work more so than just a painted headsculpt.

No one wants box art because why? All they need is the figure for $500 plus? Here's a thought, wouldn't box art also serve as an authentication measure much like a COA? So now you've got two ways to prove that it's the genuine article instead of a plain monogrammed box. Isn't it worth it to spruce up the presentation anyways? Some people like box art and some of those people are potential Denny Kim customers.

Uuuhhhh…what??? M-I-S-C-O-N-C-E-P-T-I-O-N-S. Misconceptions bro. In order to critique customs properly you have to understand the fact that the only thing they share in common with mass produced figs is that… they are figs. The process to produce both products is completely different which alone makes them unable to be compared apples to apples. The “if HT could do it, why can’t you” or “my DX13 came with 12 things and this only came with 2 things for $200 more” mentality comes from people who aren’t hip to the differences in capabilities and resources between mass producers and customizers. That mentality is completely understandable for those who are just learning about customs; but I really don’t know what to say about those who still can’t grasp the differences after hearing in depth expiations, multiple times, in multiple ways.

You’ve been around long enough to know the whole deal inside and out but here you are supporting his thoughts on the custom world and the collectors?? Really? Aren’t you the guy that doesn’t collect mass produced licensed figs because you think that they’re toys and they water down the hobby? Your words not mine. So supporting his opinions is just more of the usual contradictory ways that we’ve all come to expect from you. I’m ALL about “fair and honest” reviews…. not BRUTALLY honest ones. But the brutal part is what I think that you really like about the review, right? Whatever is loud, outspoken, goes against the grain and stirs s__t up is what you’re attracted to because that seems to be what you’re all about. You do it in multiple threads where you not even a potential buyer or supporter; just like you do in every Iminime thread where you keep asking the same questions over and over. “What kind of company is this? What is their direction/focus? Are they custom or mass produced? ETC., ETC., ETC.,??” Holy fack!!! In a nut shell and for the 1000th time… THEY ARE NOT AS DIFFERENT FROM RAINMAN AS YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE THEM OUT TO BE!!

Boxes… I don’t see you saying a peep about them in Beto’s or Rainman’s threads. Last time I checked these actually come with foam figure forms as opposed to Beto’s shoe boxes with a color print glued to the front. As I recall you said that Rainman’s boxes (which are “plainer” than these) are classy or sharp or something along those lines. Don’t make me go diggin’ :wink1::wink1::wink1::wink1:

How many figures have you bought without even knowing a damn thing about the film! :rotfl.

Uuuhhhh… yes you are DEFINITELY missing something. How many? NONE! I collect based on movies that I like. I’ve passed on many great looking pieces because the movie/characters weren’t important enough for me to rep in my collection so I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Have there been pieces that I was attracted to before I saw the movie, and that prompted me to give it a look? Definitely. Did I buy every piece after watching a movie that a figure motivated me to watch? NOPE. Plainview and these GBU boys are the two that I really took to though. What do you think there’s shame in that? I was attracted to the figures, they sparked my interest to see what the hype about the movie was, and I fell in love with the flicks. The notion that you’re only a “REAL” fan if you watched the move 100 times before the figs were announced and not vice versa is a really retarded and childish. I thanked Dane and Army numerous times for amping GBU up to me, and telling me that I don’t know what I’m missing and to get on it ASAP. Getting put on to TWBB, GBU and a few other flicks are just more great things that this forum has given me.

I’ll let you have the last word and I won’t respond because I’m really not interested in going back and forth with you. However, I do suggest that you and Clipper hire 3 sculptors, 3 painters, 3 tailors, a 3D printer and get some office space. Put your all into producing quality products, learn from your mistakes, take on CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, roll with the punches and use all that to improve your product. When you see that it’s harder than you thought from the other side of the fence, I’m coming back in 2 years to ask you where the money goes and why you can’t offer a better product at your price points

Yeah I don't get why people take reviews as an attack on the figure…. I see the other points as well, but they seem a bit defensive when they really don't need to be.
People get touchy because we actually know Denny. There are members here that have a regular line of communication with him and have even broke bread with him in person (he’ll be at Famcon hangin' with fellow Freaks again this year). People become fans and appreciative of his contribution to the community, and those who have met him and keep contact with him view him as a friend. So he’s not this out of reach guy like a Howard Chan and we’re not nameless, faceless customers. If you are a fan and supporter and have this kind of relationship with him and/or his company, it’s easy to get defensive when people come out of left field bashing.

I’ve seen you in the Iminime threads over time and you've always dropped positive comments but I don’t know how closely you have followed. There is a good group of us that have been there from the beginning and we have watched the company climb the ladder of evolution and improvement. Everyone who has been watching for a while knows how far Iminime has come and how much they have improved in the last few years. Much of that improvement was a product of Denny’s willingness to take on suggestions and make changes. All of that came from constructive criticism.

I’m all about “fair & honest”. I myself have taken a little guff several times in the past because I’ve shared my fair and honest opinions, and there are some people that feel it’s only right to give thanks and praise. I don’t like the constant shower of rose pedals either, and I think that it’s equally as important to point out something that falls short as it is to praise it when it rocks. That's what encourages improvement but it should be done constructively. Especially when you’re critiquing a product that the makers have a presence on the forum and read this stuff. Constructive is great. Brutal….. is unnecessary. Again, this isn’t HT where you know that Chan or any of the artists don’t even give these boards a glance.

So thanks to Clipper's review, Denny took well to the criticism and is considering a fundraiser to improve his products. Just sayin.

^^^ That said I can promise you that his review isn’t what sparked the idea of improving bodies. Do you think that this is the first time the body subject was talked about? The convo is old man. Clipper is making it sound like he uncovered Denny’s master plot and by saying “stop being lazy” and “up your game” now Denny is like “oh s__t the jig is up! They’re on to me!” :lol. Not the case at all. The regulars are well aware of why these bodies are used and we completely get it. As many said the KO’s have come a long way and are acceptable at this point. If you want to port it over to an official TT as an upgrade then feel free. People are acting like no one upgrades the hell out of their HT and that they’re perfect and don’t need any extra love (or money) out of the box.

Ryno or Clipperking please set up a figures talk round table man. Its gotten to the point where writing it down is irrelevant. This whupping needs to be handed out live an direct already. Posting comments from an iPhone ain't gonna cut it for me anymore.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread went to crap fast. That's really too bad, since I was hoping to see more pics of the GBU trio. I don't own the trio, I do own the lethal weapon Riggs, got the head only, since I preferred a different look- it's one of the few custom figures I own. But that's mostly because the big companies, HT and Enterbay have covered the characters I like the most: Batman, Robocop, Bruce Lee, if Denny produced these I would have gotten these from him.

And I think it's ok for Denny to charge what he does for his work. He's also willing to go into dialogue with his customers and take feedback into account which is cool.

I don't think it's elitist or whatever some like to call it. It's just what you're willing to spend. Different priorities for different peeps. I know I'm willing to spend way more in exclusive sneakers than 1/6 figures- so I understand it why some want the limited custom figures.

Anyway, I am looking forward to many more figures by Denny and his team. Personally, I don't watch that many YouTube reviews, but when I do it's xenomorph or nenny dee.

By the way, cool pic Shells075. :clap

Wow typing and furiously editing hasn't stopped you before...

However now suddenly you have made Clipper and Ryno your homeboys and you need their YouTube channel to somehow frame a reply to Pop's post!!! Shocking?! :horror

I would like to take this time to apologize to anyone who might have been offended by my comments. They were directed at Clipperking and his lackeys and were made in retaliation to quite a few inflammatory comments from him. Still its inexcusable and ignorant of me to say it. Truth is I don't come from a wealthy family either. I've had to work hard for the luxuries i have. Anyone who knows me in real life knows that i respect hard work more than anything. Please accept my sorrowful regret.

Clipperking thinks that I shouldn't be able to comment on his reviews or his 'hobby' The irony in all of this of course is that while i was commenting on Clipperkings review he was in fact offering comment and criticism. Its the very nature of reviewing. Needless to say my assessment of his review was not well received by him. At first, before emotions got the better of me, i offered detailed explanations in the effort to inform Clipperking of some facets of his review that I believed were unfair and/or erroneous. Subsequently i let my temper get the better of me.

Infraction?

Back