[iminime] Secret Project 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Uma Thurman Kill Bill thread he thought it was cool to make fun of me because I didn't know who the sculpt was initially and after I found out, asked if it could be modded for a Mia from Pulp Fiction. From his comments on this thread, he always acts like a jerk. I'm all for this character but when a representative of iminime treats you like this it gives you a sour taste.

I just read the post you are referring to in the Bride thread, and I think you are overreacting to his comment. All he was saying is if you couldn't identify the actress from the sculpt, why would you want to use a modified sculpt for a different character the same actress portrayed? Its a very contradictory thing to request.

As an Argentinian football fan once told me in reply to my accusation that he was just a fan of a team, not a fan of the game:
"Whats the point of being a supporter if you aren't unapologetic unabashed, biased and extremist" :D

and Mr. E if you have been missing out a release because I made that thread, then in an odd way you subscribe to the same things I do too... I like your principle and hope you adhere to it well. Because it seems so obviously clever! And next time do some research on facts before you state them. eg the fact the Cowboy head was not available separately... it very well was. And this is the second thread you have posted this misinformation... but maybe that again is the extremist in you.

You want to create some sort of a petition to Denny with a warning that dont be 'friends' with him or I wont buy your toys... go right ahead and make an Interest thread, and take drdandalek with you. Though I wont be surprised to see some other names join you... in other words you are doing the exact things you accuse me of being. This is an online community and like any community there are always extremes in thought, and preferences and expression.

Judge me, do you, sitting thousands of miles away reading typed words which cant portray tone nor demeanor? Good luck with that...

Last edited:
I just read the post you are referring to in the Bride thread, and I think you are overreacting to his comment. All he was saying is if you couldn't identify the actress from the sculpt, why would you want to use a modified sculpt for a different character the same actress portrayed? Its a very contradictory thing to request.
Yeah, I think ridicule was warranted in that case :lol It's one thing if you think the sculpt sucks as you can't recognize who the heck it is supposed to be. But then to say you want that you want a modded version as another character played by the same actor/actress?

In all earnestness I would like to apologise for any feelings/sentiments or any misunderstandings caused... but I wear my allegiance on my sleeve... and like a Born Again, my faith is unshakeable to the point of uncompromising...

I think it's fine so long as people understand what your role really is. If people thought you were an official spokesman for Denny then, cultural differences aside, I think you could understand a certain approach giving offense. But as far as I understand it--and I've been following Iminime from pretty early on--axe is a fan who assists Iminime and helps to convey some messages on the forum because he's in close contact with Denny Kim. He's not a paid employee and shouldn't be held to the standards that an employee would be IMO. MarfMaster and Intothevoid seemed to be in the same boat at one point or another. Sort of like when folks assist Rainman with something. Those guys are fans of Rainman and will understandably defend Rainman moreso than others, but it's in their role as a fan and collector.

Well I'm just taking Denny's word for it. So far, I've not known him to deceive. I know axe can be a bit blunt, but he does convey info. no one else does. I think it's too bad if you miss out on some great stuff just because you don't like the messenger. At the end of the day it doesn't really affect axe at all, but it does affect your collection.

Ok guys this convesation stops now! I will clean that mess and please only dicuss if you're interested in the figure.

Man I even dropped the backstreet boys and there still arguing! Theres no pleasing some people

Okay. So no free figures through patronage...?

Okay. Let's see some Dirty Harry then! This amazing sculpt that blows every other pithy attempt out of the water! Lets see it! Oh wait...

I know some folks think of all this stuff as they think of any other business. Lord knows we've seen that kind of talk in Rainman threads out the wazoo. And of course, these guys are all in it for the money at the end of the day. Denny, Scott, Rainman, and others don't post here for any major reason other than to sell their stuff. And that's fine.

But, in my mind this isn't just a strict, traditional business context, where guys do whatever it takes to maximize profit at the expense of anything else. I mean, these transactions are being solicited on a toy discussion forum after all, which exists first and foremost as a place for discussion among like-minded collectors, not a forum for commerce. And I think there are some different norms that govern behavior here than you would see outside this place.

I guess I would feel more comfortable about the whole endeavor if folks demonstrated some professional courtesy (by maybe not releasing something that may be planned by another artist), and also demonstrated some consideration for collectors (in the case of Harry, like others are saying, maybe do another suit at least since this figure was JUST released). I don't have Scott's Harry by the way, but can certainly empathize with those who do, and just bought it. And I would love a Tuco from anyone at this point.

None of these guys are required to act this way or that way, but it would seem like good form for guys to consider these issues. Denny may be completely unaware of some of these things. Or, he may not care. Ultimately though I think it's worth letting him know about these things so at least he can make an informed decision.

This entire section gets so negative sometimes across the board. Maybe I'm being pollyannaish to think that these things matter at this point, but this is where I'm coming from. I'm not angry at anyone, but it feels less cool than it could be.
A lot of people BLASTED me when I initially objected to the notion of Kato reissuing the morpheus outfit. I don't see much difference.

Back