[iminime] Secret Project 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's totally open for all to do whatever they want at the end of the day, a seller can out whatever they want on the market.

How do I feel? I knew there was a risk that someone else would do it but I didn't think it would be so soon and wish I had a chance to choose, that being said Scott's is obviously awesome.

It's all fair when you look at it, no one has a right to take this personally. It's a business and putting them out at the same time would have hurt the business for both.

My opinion? The right thing to do would be to think about offering something like both the brown suit and the iconic suit. That way everyone wins, the brown suit should be simple enough to make and would probably sell as a generic thing anyway. They should offer the heads on their own too, and full sets with the iconic outfit, DX has both outfits at a discounted price.

I'd love two Harry's, and people like me who got Scott's could get a head and a brown suit and not the full set and make what ever combo they like best out of iminime parts and Scott's head.

Minimal tooling costs for iminime, more options, everyones happy.

^^True that. An additional "kit" would be nice, and I wish them the best with the sale. Prior hiccups keep me from buying from them (and it has nothing to do with their company per se).

Last edited:
I know some folks think of all this stuff as they think of any other business. Lord knows we've seen that kind of talk in Rainman threads out the wazoo. And of course, these guys are all in it for the money at the end of the day. Denny, Scott, Rainman, and others don't post here for any major reason other than to sell their stuff. And that's fine.

But, in my mind this isn't just a strict, traditional business context, where guys do whatever it takes to maximize profit at the expense of anything else. I mean, these transactions are being solicited on a toy discussion forum after all, which exists first and foremost as a place for discussion among like-minded collectors, not a forum for commerce. And I think there are some different norms that govern behavior here than you would see outside this place.

I guess I would feel more comfortable about the whole endeavor if folks demonstrated some professional courtesy (by maybe not releasing something that may be planned by another artist), and also demonstrated some consideration for collectors (in the case of Harry, like others are saying, maybe do another suit at least since this figure was JUST released). I don't have Scott's Harry by the way, but can certainly empathize with those who do, and just bought it. And I would love a Tuco from anyone at this point.

None of these guys are required to act this way or that way, but it would seem like good form for guys to consider these issues. Denny may be completely unaware of some of these things. Or, he may not care. Ultimately though I think it's worth letting him know about these things so at least he can make an informed decision.

This entire section gets so negative sometimes across the board. Maybe I'm being pollyannaish to think that these things matter at this point, but this is where I'm coming from. I'm not angry at anyone, but it feels less cool than it could be.

Keep in mind this most likely won't be up for order for a few more months (maybe Sept/Oct), and won't be in collector's hands until sometime next year. I think that window is plenty of time after Scott's release.

I guess I just don't see how one artist's custom affects the other artist's release. I view it like the movie studios, sometimes multiple studios release similar movies around the same time (Armageddon/Deep Impact, Antz/A Bug's life, Volcano/Dante's Peak, the current White House movies...) :)

I know some folks think of all this stuff as they think of any other business. Lord knows we've seen that kind of talk in Rainman threads out the wazoo. And of course, these guys are all in it for the money at the end of the day. Denny, Scott, Rainman, and others don't post here for any major reason other than to sell their stuff. And that's fine.

But, in my mind this isn't just a strict, traditional business context, where guys do whatever it takes to maximize profit at the expense of anything else. I mean, these transactions are being solicited on a toy discussion forum after all, which exists first and foremost as a place for discussion among like-minded collectors, not a forum for commerce. And I think there are some different norms that govern behavior here than you would see outside this place.

I guess I would feel more comfortable about the whole endeavor if folks demonstrated some professional courtesy (by maybe not releasing something that may be planned by another artist), and also demonstrated some consideration for collectors (in the case of Harry, like others are saying, maybe do another suit at least since this figure was JUST released). I don't have Scott's Harry by the way, but can certainly empathize with those who do, and just bought it. And I would love a Tuco from anyone at this point.

None of these guys are required to act this way or that way, but it would seem like good form for guys to consider these issues. Denny may be completely unaware of some of these things. Or, he may not care. Ultimately though I think it's worth letting him know about these things so at least he can make an informed decision.

This entire section gets so negative sometimes across the board. Maybe I'm being pollyannaish to think that these things matter at this point, but this is where I'm coming from. I'm not angry at anyone, but it feels less cool than it could be.

Excellent post :exactly:

I think for outfit choice Iminime should conduct a poll brown suit or grey with red sweater. Personally I'd like the option of a different outfit compared with Scotts Harry.

Keep in mind this most likely won't be up for order for a few more months (maybe Sept/Oct), and won't be in collector's hands until sometime next year. I think that window is plenty of time after Scott's release.

I guess I just don't see how one artist's custom affects the other artist's release. I view it like the movie studios, sometimes multiple studios release similar movies around the same time (Armageddon/Deep Impact, Antz/A Bug's life, Volcano/Dante's Peak, the current White House movies...) :)
Yes, but again that's taking a traditional business approach. Of course, we see McDonald's popping up around Burger Kings, and Rite Aids popping up around Walgreens. From a business POV of competition and giving customers the best product at the best price, it makes sense to see multiple guys taking on the same characters around the same time. But in the custom collecting community should it be the same?

And regarding the Tuco, both of these are being considered at this point. Hell, Iminime may not see enough interest to consider it anyway, or Scott may choose not to do it. But it feels like there is some potential toe-stepping going on.

And I do think there is a good argument for saying that after some time has passed this is less of an issue. But these things seem to be happening very close to one another.

The different outfit just makes sense for everyone. It's simply put good business even if you remove the respect to the community aspect out of it which ultimately it is all about as well.

There is enough genericness in some of Harry's outfits that offering an alternative to Scott's outfit and offering it separately will ensure it sells out anyway, this way you get the guys who already got Scott's like myself, you get the guys who are die hard Harry fans and want two, you do it all with minimal toolling costs, respect the community and make more $$ in the end.

Yes, but when someone is saying things like "this will surpass them all" or “it WILL BE (far superior)”, it alienates other artists’ work ,and quite frankly it pisses me off.

Yes, but when someone is saying things like "this will surpass them all" or “it WILL BE (far superior)”, it alienates other artists’ work ,and quite frankly it pisses me off.

I have great respect for everyone involved but it definitely didn't help to not throw salt on the wounds that's for sure. Thinking about it rationally one can appreciate the business perspective. Thinking about it emotionally the whole angle/and approach can come off as seeming a bit insensitive.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I have great respect for everyone involved but it definitely didn't help to not throw salt on the wounds that's for sure. Thinking about it rationally one can appreciate the business perspective. Thinking about it emotionally the whole angle/and approach can come off as seeming a bit insensitive.

Absolutely, though the one making these statements does not work for Iminime. This sort of thing has happened before.

Maybe so, but we've all got our allegiances here. Some guys are Hot Toys guys, some are Enterbay guys, some Rainman, some Snyder-Man, and some Iminime. It doesn't bother me that these guys wear their allegiances on their sleeves, so long as they don't do it excessively to the point where it is trolling (axe wasn't trying to troll here). Some guys are saying Rainman's Bickle will be his "masterpiece" without seeing anything yet, and in my mind it's the same kind of thing based out of loyalty and allegiance to the man. And it's just one collector's estimation/opinion, not a claim by Denny.

Agreed, but why isn't the man himself posting these updates? Poor business practice if you ask me.

Simply put if they deliver the goods, if they put their money where their mouth is, and the final product is good, I'll shut up.

But when childish playground boasting starts going...

see....this is were allegiance always goes out the door with me....these same folk are in it to make money...i think of this as a transaction...if anything...it should prolly piss you(people) off that you may (will) buy another dirty harry...cause lets face it....most of us will prolly love the trevor headsculpt....never taking anything away from Scott's that but my understanding is, that NO PROJECT HERE is guaranteed....hence why some people strike while something is hot or beneficial to them...all this emotion attached to an artist is added stress to someone....and for waht?...because someone ON THE INTERNET very VERY far away said something you didn't like?!?!?...say that out loud in front of a mirror and tell me how you feel afterwards....if you don't laugh then i suggest seeking help...:)

There is enough genericness in some of Harry's outfits that offering an alternative to Scott's outfit and offering it separately will ensure it sells out anyway, this way you get the guys who already got Scott's like myself, you get the guys who are die hard Harry fans and want two, you do it all with minimal toolling costs, respect the community and make more $$ in the end.

Exactly. When people think of Blondie, they think of the poncho, the cigar, the whole deal. When they think of, say, Travis Bickle, they think of the mohawk, aviators, and jacket. When people think of Dirty Harry? A gun and a suit. Harry doesn't have a definitive look - ultimately he just wears a bunch of 70's suits throughout the series. The "iconic" suit is primarily in one scene that isn't even part of the main plot.

I'd be much more inclined to pick up this figure if the brown suit was at least an offering. I also think that going with the grey and red suit might not be in Iminime's best interest anyways: at that point you are going head to head with Rainman's tailor.

The Cowboy sculpt actually was available separately, just not the DX sculpt. And it was only sold painted, but that's all Iminime does at this point.

Chances are the sculpt won't be available separately. Just like the cowboy. Forget it.

If you don't want to risk it, VIP is now open again. With Fight Club and this i thought it was a worthwhile investment in case a few heads turn out to my liking as upgrades to figures I already have.

anyone want to link to me to scott's thread for this? I'd like to see his work, since there's so much talk about it. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Back