IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agee about Medicom taking a step back. There just isn't as much excietment OR controversy with each of their releases. I am a huge fan of Medicom and I have many of their Star Wars releases. However, even I cannot ignore the fact that their offerings have not intcreased in quality to the degree that Sideshow and Hot Toys figures have.

It also doesn't help that their releases seem to have slowed down and they don't have enough major western licenses other than Star Wars to maintain brand loyalty.

The line is alive and well. As long as people continue to buy them at whatever pricepoint SS establishes, they will continue to release these figures.

I would have loved to pick up each and every clone/trooper figure that has been released but I've simply run out of display room. I've got "8" Detolfs loaded so far and my "hobby room" is looking more like an Ikea store than a hobby room...

The higher prices have definitely made an impact as well. Just the thought that "10" or so figures equal a grand invested just seems wrong to me. So I have grown patient in my older collector days and simply wait for better deals a year or two after release. It's really the only way I can justify the cost to myself. Simply a personal opinion, folks.

The line isnt dead, but I dont think its doing as well as it could if SS tweaked a few things.
Releases and price tag are the first things that come to mind.

I love how this week's "SW is dead" thread coincides with the Rex banner up there, one of the coolest SW figures ever made. :lol

It'll definitely be one of the coolest for sure.

Looks impressive, It'll be up there with some of Sideshows grandest. (Old Ben, Vader, Sandtroopers, etc).

well since it's dead..............:cool:
FuneralPyre.jpg

burn baby burn..........:lecture

The Dead is even more Dead then this line. :(

All these other lines that have been and gone. If anything, rather than being dead, Star Wars is the Energizer Bunny of the Sideshow 1/6 lines.

:exactly:

I want more Dead... :monkey2
Maybe that line will pull a zombie move and come back to life with most of its limbs missing...

SS Star Wars is going strong IMHO.

Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

:slapI haven't read the whole thread - and I hate being the ****** who drops hints but never clarifies - but if you'd seen what I've seen you wouldn't even dream of even considering that Star Wars 1/6 is dead.:emperor

:lsvader

By any chance that you are refering to a 1/6 vehicle of any sort?:)

If you want to see what a truly dead line looks like, go visit the Indiana Jones section :(

Lol! But a sideshow Indy has A LOT of potential. My custom/sideshow Indy is probably one of my favorite figures!!!!!

Back