IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making personal attacks is not same dude. Keep that _____ to urself. What one person likes doesn't mean others will!!

:google WTF does that even mean and how is it even relevant?! :lol

You started this long, unfounded rant about how SS' Star Wars license is dead. If people are finding it dumb, that's because it is. Especially to those who've been paying attention to what's coming down the pipe. It's never been more alive than it is right now.

Agreed 110% in every private commission I've seen as well as samples, the quality of the work far exceeds the quote even at that price not to mention its unique.

That's another pay off, it might cost you a boat load, but you may end up with a one of a kind item that others may want. That unique privilege has its own worth.

Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Pretty much anyone with some customizing experience and commissioning experience can glean at least as much as Anzik posted. So yeah $1200. :horror

LOL @ Neil's addition of "IMHO" to the thread title.

I would like to add my humble opinion that the line is definitely FAR from dead but that some posters may be approaching brain dead.

$1200 for a figure, sure, sign me up. I will enjoy a collection of 4 or 5 figures . . .

If something really meant a lot to me and there was no chance of anyone ever producing it, and I could get the quality I want, I'd spend $1200 on a figure. Crazy as that seems, if you really love something, money becomes no object.

If something really meant a lot to me and there was no chance of anyone ever producing it, and I could get the quality I want, I'd spend $1200 on a figure. Crazy as that seems, if you really love something, money becomes no object.

Until you're flat broke with used figures nobody wants to pay $1200 for. :lol

Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Jedi Luke came out in '06... :confused:

Anyone who feels that what SSC are doing (in 1/6, 1/4, 1/1, and dios) with SW isn't simply fantastic obviously aren't familiar with the early 80's... or 90's...

I completely agree with this post. I love Hot Toys, but I have no trouble buying sideshow figures. The licenses that Sideshow has picked up and gave love to absolutely amazes me....Highlander, Bond, Platoon to name a few.....I don't care if a figure from a few years ago does not meet todays "Hot Toys" standards. The fact that these figures got produced at all, at the quality that they are makes me so grateful....
Like any line, there are sculpts tht you will like and don't like, but I just want to make it CLEAR...I have no problem paying $50-120 for a Sideshow 1/6 figure...I have my sideshow Highlander figures displayed with my Hot Toys Rambo's, and the display looks BAD ASS...Sideshow 1/6 are fantastic in my opinion and I personally wish they would do more of them...

I follow the license, not the company. I am all about high end 1:6 scale Star Wars (and GI Joe, now) figures from whomever will do them well.

And Sideshow is doing nothing short of an awesome job at it.

Could Hot Toys do better? Don't care. Sideshow's are great and whomever gets the license next will have my business as long as the figures are done well.

To be a completist with SW is a journey that will only lead to the darkside...like Steve Sansweet. I gave up awhile ago also being a SS SW completist. I buy what I like. Thats it.

I have been collecting Sideshows SW line since day one. At first I was a completest. I gave that up last year. I couldn't be happier. I enjoy now just concentrating on Jedi, Sith and armoured characters. I still like this line. I have moved more toward Marvel though.

Back