IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

:lol @ this thread.
The usual hyperbolic stuff pops up every now and then...
I remember the first one:
"Too many Jedis, the line is dead"

Then it was:
"There's no troops, the line is dead"

Then...
"No aliens... the line is dead"

And of course...
"No Vader... fail!!!"

I think the line is far from dead... of course, I don't collect every single SW figure from SS, but Emperor is coming, Gammy and Hammerhead.
As much as I don't like all of their releases, I think SW fans are so diverse that SS is doing a good work with their releases from a business stand point.
Of course I'd love toe see 3PO, R2, Chewy, Sandpeople, Yoda, etc... but I'm in no hurry to get all those this year...
Eventually, they'll be here, I'm sure.

I've thought about selling stuff and then I think about how little they would sell for and then I just think they're worth more than that to me, so I keep them. Never really understood the revolving door theory of collecting. The shipping costs add up fast.

Its not about a revolving door or even recouping cost, its just about refocusing for space and look. I know I'm going to take a loss on a lot of it but then again its my own dumb fault for getting the competist bug.

I've never understood the mentality of collecting something solely on the belief that it'll be worth more in the future. That's fine if you plan on flipping, but to have it in your collection because of it's value is another thing.

I'm slightly pissed I missed out on the Han in Carbonite for $127. :mad:

:pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

That's about what it should have been priced at to begin with, though. :lecture :lol

:dunno I didn't want it at $200 (and was perfectly content with Hasbro's), but on Cyber Monday, when it was that ridiculously low, I had to bite. Nobody else got one?

:dunno I didn't want it at $200 (and was perfectly content with Hasbro's), but on Cyber Monday, when it was that ridiculously low, I had to bite. Nobody else got one?
I certainly would have had I known about it at the time. Still don't know how I missed it. :dunno

That's the kind of thing that warranted a new thread. No wonder most of us missed it. I was done with the Han in Carbonite discussion for months at that point. :lol

I was out of town during the time it was available... so missed out on the deal.

That's the kind of thing that warranted a new thread. No wonder most of us missed it. I was done with the Han in Carbonite discussion for months at that point. :lol

Take future note:

ATTENTION ALL FREAKS:
COME CYBER MONDAY, YOU MUST
PAY ATTENTION TO ALL BUMPED THREADS!​

Consider yourselves warned.:pfft: I IM'd the freaks I have on AIM and YIM about it (so if you ain't there, that's on you). That's also how I snagged a HT John Connor Ver.1 for $99 and a regular Snake Eyes (2nd) for $60. :monkey3

Now let's see how many people forget. I suspect come this year's, there'll be a lot of ":banghead" smileys. :lol

We need a PM chain, seriously, like we have at work in case of emergencies, of course in our situation in case of insane deals. Let's all get a PM buddy and so and so on.

Back