IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

I'm not sure I understand. Did you sell all your figures because they aren't holding their value? Is that all you're basing this on? If they had gone up in value, would you have kept them?

SW figures continue to sell out. I doubt it's anywhere near being dead.

No I would never sell my figures based on value. The quality of these figures is not holding up in my eyes. All the jedis have poor head sculpts ,poor paint apps, just poor quality all around which is why these figures sell for 30 40 bucks. I mean I even tried upgrading some with True types, better paint app, but they're still not satifing.

My point is "quality". Compare sideshows quailty to what's out now. Theyre far behind in the 1/6 world. Yet they continue to release 1/6 figures. I don't get it. Here's a good example. Temple of doom Indiana jones can not, and probably will not, be released by sideshow. Why? Because they're STUMPED!! They can't even really produce a decent nude body. Let alone a sculpted body.

My point is "quality". Compare sideshows quailty to what's out now. Theyre far behind in the 1/6 world. Yet they continue to release 1/6 figures. I don't get it. Here's a good example. Temple of doom Indiana jones can not, and probably will not, be released by sideshow. Why? Because they're STUMPED!! They can't even really produce a decent nude body. Let alone a sculpted body.

why the ____ are you collecting sideshow then?

They can't even really produce a decent nude body. Let alone a sculpted body.
So you know you are Bashing both Sideshow & Hot toys with this statement since they worked together to build the new Body sideshow uses now for both regular and armored figures.

I stopped collecting sideshow star wars. I'm not bashing sideshow. All I'm saying is their quality is lacking!! Come on. Look at hot toys stuff. How could u guys give them credit on ARMORED figures. It's an easy line. No really head sculpt.

Now before u start bashing me or agree with me. PLEASE NOTE I'm a die hard star wars fan. That being said. Is it me or is sideshows star wars line dead?!?! I remember early 2000's when the line was HOT. The exclusives went for crazy money on eBay. And the even the regulars would sell out fast. Now, the line is worthless. Now there is light at the end of this tunnel. Sideshow does have plans on making every armored character, trilogy and prequel. Can this spark more interest?? I hope so. ESB BOBA FETT probably being the most anticipated!! I just wish star wars had that hot toys quality!!!!! I'm sad to say I've sold MOST of my sideshow star wars figures. I miss having that love for them. The love I have for my hot toys. U know what I mean!?!? I also want to note that I love sideshow. PFs and statues ROCK!! But sadly, in my opinion, star wars line is dead. ;(

Jedi Luke came out in '06... :confused:

Anyone who feels that what SSC are doing (in 1/6, 1/4, 1/1, and dios) with SW isn't simply fantastic obviously aren't familiar with the early 80's... or 90's...

lol, newb joins up and starts the quarterly "it's over" thread.

lol, the SS SW line wasn't even around in the early 2000's.

Bring Back thread Ratings.

EMO ALERT!!:lol

why the ____ are you collecting sideshow then?

Wow. You guys are harsh. Great way to welcome a new poster.

The Star Wars line is one of the only lines I collect right now and I don't think it is dying anytime soon. However, I have been collecting the 1/6th line since it started and I have seen a consistent decrease in interest. I know that I don't become as excited to get a Sideshow Star Wars figure compared to some of Hot Toys more recent offerings. I believe there are various reasons for this with the gap between the quality of Hot Toys and Sideshow products being one of the main ones.

Wow. You guys are harsh. Great way to welcome a new poster.

The Star Wars line is one of the only lines I collect right now and I don't think it is dying anytime soon. However, I have been collecting the 1/6th line since it started and I have seen a consistent decrease in interest. I know that I don't become as excited to get a Sideshow Star Wars figure compared to some of Hot Toys more recent offerings. I believe there are various reasons for this with the gap between the quality of Hot Toys and Sideshow products being one of the main ones.

Thanks. I'm not trying to piss on sideshow. I love sideshow. I still collect their PFs and Statues. But like u said. There's not a lot of interest anymore. Nobody talks about the star wars line like the they do about hot toys marvel line.

Its dying for me just because I have not liked the character selection lately. I got a Stormtrooper, Vader and have Emperor on order but thats been it for a LONG time.

Jedi Luke came out in '06... :confused:

Anyone who feels that what SSC are doing (in 1/6, 1/4, 1/1, and dios) with SW isn't simply fantastic obviously aren't familiar with the early 80's... or 90's...

Ur right I'm sorry. My mistake. I thought the line started in 2002. I was collecting since the beginning. It's felt like forever.

I agree that there's a bit too many clones lately. As much as I like the clones, I want to see some officers, aliens and jedi for a while.

The line continues to sell well and we have upcoming releases (unlike The Dead) so I think we're in good shape.

Also, I imagine the Clones will continue to be peppered in-between releases but we also have a lot of great non-standard body figures on the horizon (Hammerhead, Gammorean Guard, etc.) so to me this is probably one of the more interesting times for this line.

Back