IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

To get HT quality you need to pay HT prices. I'm not sure I'd be willing to do that with every figure they release. At least I can afford most of the figures I want from Sideshow. I can't always do that with HT. :(

:exactly: Plus, I doubt HT would diversify as much.

He is smarter than me... it is admitted :lol

Now you really are on ignore :nana:

Well, I was wondering what you were up to. :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Isn't the rumor that Sideshow is working with HT on a 1:6 Grievous? I will pay HT prices for that.

Isn't the rumor that Sideshow is working with HT on a 1:6 Grievous? I will pay HT prices for that.

I also heard they're working with Hasbro on a Jar Jar. :rotfl....Jar Jar will the Exclusive of the TPM Young Kenobi!!

Seems to be the rumor... I'd be all about that as well. He might not have been the most fleshed-out PT character; but still will have one hell of a presence on a shelf :rock

Lets face it for once... I love the Star Wars figures from Sideshow, but they are far for being a good representation in 1/6 form.

I buy them, yes... but because the only way I can have them is from Sideshow.

I must say that when I open my sideshow star wars figures is not the same happiness that I have when I open my hot toys, medicom, DID or even some neca figures!
I take em out of the box, play a little with them, I choose the pose an then put them in the shelve.
With Hot Toys, every figure I open is like a new world, with new painting, new clothes, better bodys, better sculpts, etc. I dont get tired of watching them.

I love SW, and I love SW Sideshow figures.. but they aren't great looking figures... and for the price range $95/120 just dont make it for me.

This doesn't make sense... AT ALL!!! :lol
If you don't like them... why buy them?... :dunno...
:cuckoo:

Very very well said. A lot of u are thinking I bought the star wars line for resell value. That's not the case here people. It's all about quality!!! I merely mentioned the fact they went for crazy money on eBay because let's say u missed out on a Jedi Luke exclusive. Well guess what?!? U had to drop $200 if u wanted one. Now...$60?!?! Why?!? Because people are realizing it's not hot toys quality. People are seeing what can be done in 1/6 form.

I agree with some point here... but SS quality is equal to their prices for the most part...
It's not Hot Toys prices either...
I think the armored figures, and Vader prove that SS can produce high quality items...

Seems to be the rumor... I'd be all about that as well. He might not have been the most fleshed-out PT character; but still will have one hell of a presence on a shelf :rock

It would be awesome looking. I just hope that they get the height and dimensions correct. The Hasbro wasn't that bad for what it was....just way off in height.

hot toys can have all the 4 figures deep licenses they want.

they cannot have the sw license. i'm sorry but even cutting my collecting back 50% I still want more than 4 figures a year. at HT prices I definately couldn't afford to do that, would anyone else?

hot toys can have all the 4 figures deep licenses they want.

they cannot have the sw license. i'm sorry but even cutting my collecting back 50% I still want more than 4 figures a year. at HT prices I definately couldn't afford to do that, would anyone else?

I just don't understand Hot Toys at times. They paid for the Godfather License and only released one figure. Granted it wasn't a cheap figure but does it pay to get licenses and produce 1-4 figures?? The Spirit also comes to mind. Are they "forced" to take these by the licensors in order to land the better ones?

The only thing I'm worried about is them potentially using the wrist pegs as the elbows. We've already seen what happens when any amount of pressure is applied on them and for Grievous to support the weight of the forearm and saber, will be a bit more weight than just a hand.

You may laugh but the Hasbro Jar Jar is a pretty good figure. :monkey3

I picked one up after reading the interview with Tom where he stated we'd never see a Sideshow release. Hasbro's is good enough. :lol

It's not dead at all. But it does need a little re-focusing & balancing.

I'm excited for Palpatine and Greedo.... and Hammerhead looks very, very promising. More of those types and less armored rehashes will go a long way to re-invigorating the line's buzz.

:exactly:

Whilst I'm stoked to see Rex done, a break from the troopers would be a good thing, then come back to them with something like Gree later on.

The likes of Greedo and Hammerhead are showing another "angle" that they're prepared to take on. I'm excited for future Sideshow releases, bring em on.

Now before u start bashing me or agree with me. PLEASE NOTE I'm a die hard star wars fan. That being said. Is it me or is sideshows star wars line dead?!?! I remember early 2000's when the line was HOT. The exclusives went for crazy money on eBay. And the even the regulars would sell out fast. Now, the line is worthless. Now there is light at the end of this tunnel. Sideshow does have plans on making every armored character, trilogy and prequel. Can this spark more interest?? I hope so. ESB BOBA FETT probably being the most anticipated!! I just wish star wars had that hot toys quality!!!!! I'm sad to say I've sold MOST of my sideshow star wars figures. I miss having that love for them. The love I have for my hot toys. U know what I mean!?!? I also want to note that I love sideshow. PFs and statues ROCK!! But sadly, in my opinion, star wars line is dead. ;(

EndIsNear3.jpg

:lol

This doesn't make sense... AT ALL!!! :lol
If you don't like them... why buy them?... :dunno...
:cuckoo:

I agree with some point here... but SS quality is equal to their prices for the most part...
It's not Hot Toys prices either...
I think the armored figures, and Vader prove that SS can produce high quality items...

Because I collect 1/6 figures, and for the moment the only ones that made sw figures besides Medi is Sideshow. And I buy figures from both.
But sometimes i'm not happy with the products.
I can put you the same example with the Wolverine Hot Toys... its not a perfect incarnation of the character, but I bought him anyway because I will not let Wolverine out ot the shelve where I have Iron Man, Blade, and other marvel characters! =D

A lot of people here do the same, and a lot of them, weeks or months later sell the same figure they bought months or weeks before. Sure some one must get my point here, people. Some time we buy stuff only for being the only thing on the market of that character/movie.
The thing here is that this licence is Star Wars, and STAR WARS is my real passion. I only want a good Luke jedi! or a Mace Windu with Samuel Jackson likeness! C'mon, how can it be that Aldo Raine or The Octopuss got PERFECT figures, and Star Wars no!!!! jajaja

Also, someone said that to get ht quality, you must pay ht prices... man, how much you paid for a trooper? 85? for vadeR? 110?
If I must pay $130/$150 to get the job well done, then bring it on.

I will not sacrifice quality over quantity and $. Sorry guys.

Price doesn't neccisarily reflect quality. Look at Medicom they charge near or more than Hot Toys , doesn't mean its better. I'm not looking to star another Medicom war, just trying to make a point.

Price doesn't neccisarily reflect quality. Look at Medicom they charge near or more than Hot Toys , doesn't mean its better. I'm looking to star another Medicom war, just trying to make a point.

Common sense is a point that's sadly lost on HT pole jockeys. :lol

Dead, no
Boring as hell, yes

Its May and ZERO ESB representation so far

Back