Imaginarium Art Iron Man MKVII 1:2 Scale WOW!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New review online...
https://www.polystoned.de/Thread-REVIEW-Imaginarium-Art-Iron-Man-MK7-1-2-Scale-Statue

iamk7-013.jpg

iamk7-000.jpg

iamk7-001.jpg

Obviously, don't understand a word of that review but he's gave it a really good rating all round.
Looks awesome, even bits you'd rarely see...

iamk7-005.jpg

this piece has just as many parts as a HT IM btw, if not more, so be prepared to take a lot of time out of your day putting this together lol

This is where IA shines as they continue to produce Showroom Automotive paint finishes along with fine detail of what an Iron Man Armor should look like.

The one thing that takes away from the Excitement for me is the Man hole cover with the word "Sewer" on it. I don't know why, but my eyes are drawn to reading things, and distracts me a little. I keep thinking the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are going to pop their heads up from it, and say Cowabunga.

There is no need to place in large lettering what this piece is hence the Mark VII name tag. If they are going to continue to place name badges on their pieces they should be a simple metal tag with black writing like Cinemaquette does. This way it doesn't draw attention.

As far as the base itself, I would be more interested in a standard rock formation, or a piece of broken street. The Red plates and angles on the bottom of base are not needed and would be nice if they were removable. Pieces that are colored the same as the Armor is drawing attention, and a Base is not there to Focus on.

I don't understand why IA continues to do this for their Bases. They create an astonishing beautifully painted sculpture capturing very fine details of an Iron man Armor, but then want you to take your attention of the main piece and look at the base. They have done this on all of the pieces in this 1/2 scale line up.

Please understand these are just my own personal opinions nothing more nothing less.

Do you happen to know the box dimensions Azure?
Hope it fits in my loft.

I don't. It's size huge though for sure. I'm not sure what other large pieces are in your collection, so I don't know what to compare it to

This is where IA shines as they continue to produce Showroom Automotive paint finishes along with fine detail of what an Iron Man Armor should look like.

The one thing that takes away from the Excitement for me is the Man hole cover with the word "Sewer" on it. I don't know why, but my eyes are drawn to reading things, and distracts me a little. I keep thinking the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are going to pop their heads up from it, and say Cowabunga.

There is no need to place in large lettering what this piece is hence the Mark VII name tag. If they are going to continue to place name badges on their pieces they should be a simple metal tag with black writing like Cinemaquette does. This way it doesn't draw attention.

As far as the base itself, I would be more interested in a standard rock formation, or a piece of broken street. The Red plates and angles on the bottom of base are not needed and would be nice if they were removable. Pieces that are colored the same as the Armor is drawing attention, and a Base is not there to Focus on.

I don't understand why IA continues to do this for their Bases. They create an astonishing beautifully painted sculpture capturing very fine details of an Iron man Armor, but then want you to take your attention of the main piece and look at the base. They have done this on all of the pieces in this 1/2 scale line up.

Please understand these are just my own personal opinions nothing more nothing less.

well, the NYC Sewer is accurate to what is on real manholes in the city. The name plate and red accents, I do agree with. With their last 1/2 piece, they removed the nameplate all together, so they have improved. It's a pretty dynamic pose for a 1/2 piece, so the base is the last thing I notice when I look at this huge thing.

I think you are making it out to be way more than it is.

IA have give up name plate design. 1/2 MK43 design doesn't come with nameplate, but still simple rock base. The prev lighting "fire" alike effect is not approved.

Back