IM mk III 1/2 Scale Maquette - ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man mark III Half Scale Maquette

I can think of no greater way to spend my collection budget for the forthcoming year.Been in love with this piece since I saw it in "The art of Iron Man" book.

Hard to imagine that this 1:2 will surpass Iron Man Comiquette Ex and 1:1 Bust as THE Iron Man grail to own above all else.

Those are still classics.....the good quality ones anyways.....but they're not 40 plus of Iron Goodness!

Will he ship with issues is the unknown.

I'm all reality we (most of us anyway) spend this much a year collecting different peices. The question is... can you live without those other peices. :lol

I agree... about the IM collection part. I figure I bought the bust.. but this thing kicks that to the wind! :rock

I'm all reality we (most of us anyway) spend this much a year collecting different peices. The question is... can you live without those other peices. :lol

I agree... about the IM collection part. I figure I bought the bust.. but this thing kicks that to the wind! :rock

Money comes and goes...either spend it all at once on 1 masterpiece or on half a dozen pieces throughout the year.....yeah.....I can get that down with that...:rock

Last edited:

If this is $2k it will be the only thing I buy at this years SDCC. I'd like to add the Vader 1:1 and Alien Maquette. Damn the choices.

Hard to imagine that this 1:2 will surpass Iron Man Comiquette Ex and 1:1 Bust as THE Iron Man grail to own above all else.

Those are still classics.....the good quality ones anyways.....but they're not 40 plus of Iron Goodness!

Will he ship with issues is the unknown.

I dont think it will. besides, it's comparing apples to oranges.

If the Iron Comiquette was 1:2 scale or this one was 1:4 scale, the comiquette would probably win out.

I dont think it will. besides, it's comparing apples to oranges.

If the Iron Comiquette was 1:2 scale or this one was 1:4 scale, the comiquette would probably win out.

Valid point if one chooses to follow the apples to oranges allegory but it can also be viewed as it being the "grail" of all Iron Man collectibles world wide from the smallest Iron Man item to the largest, this would be the one to own. Well, for me it is anyways.

True if the Comiquette was 1:2 scale but it's not therefore today Iron Child wins, tomorrow it will be something else....

Although it's still premature to crown him king.....lets see if he comes with missing arms or something......

I like what Mike said, it will arrive in an Ikea couch box....that ^^^^ is hilarious!

:peace

Valid point if one chooses to follow the apples to oranges allegory but it can also be viewed as it being the "grail" of all Iron Man collectibles world wide from the smallest Iron Man item to the largest, this would be the one to own. Well, for me it is anyways.

True if the Comiquette was 1:2 scale but it's not therefore today Iron Child wins, tomorrow it will be something else....

Although it's still premature to crown him king.....lets see if he comes with missing arms or something......

I like what Mike said, it will arrive in an Ikea couch box....that ^^^^ is hilarious!

:peace

what would make it the 'grail' of all iron man collectibles? Because it is the biggest? Or because it costs the most? If that makes something a grail, then i think your definition of the term is a bit skewed.

what would make it the 'grail' of all iron man collectibles? Because it is the biggest? Or because it costs the most? If that makes something a grail, then i think your definition of the term is a bit skewed.

Wow, nash speaks the truth here, I do not believe that this would be the grail of all Iron Man just because of size and price. It has more to do with the actual piece when it all comes down to it.

Price no but I do view size as being a large component of it being something very special, within this specific category of statue collecting, as long as the design quality matches the size and from the photos I've seen, it does.

If this same statue was 1/4 scale, would I hail it as the Iron Man grail to own, I don't know....maybe. But the fact that it's 1:2 definately makes me instantly view it as such.

The price just comes along with the territory. Heck, if they want to sell it for $550.00 or $2,500.00 is their business.

So yeah, size does matter for me in the hobby which I chose to endulge in.

Hence why CM Predator is the grail of that genre, hence why I don't bother to own Bowen no matter how nice their pieces might turn out. I've decided that 1/4 scale is my minimum and I would prefer to own a lesser quality 1/4 scale piece than a better quality bowen piece, call me crazy.

As long as the quality is there alongside the size, I forsee the largest statue of any genre being hailed as the grail piece.

Although too much of anything in life is bad hence why I don't own the 8 foot Hulk, it surpasses my personal bother to benefit ratio in that it's too much bothersome to own.

If this piece arrives mint, I predict that a very high percentage of Iron Man fans would consider him their Iron Man grail, if not their Marvel grail. Until something else comes along which takes the crown.

If he arrives and looks like a piece of doodie and I get a replacement and it still comes bad, yeah.....my CIM would be my own personal Iron Man grail, not the $2,000 piece of poop.

Last edited:

If this is $2k it will be the only thing I buy at this years SDCC. I'd like to add the Vader 1:1 and Alien Maquette. Damn the choices.

I put Alien and Vader above this for sure. Those films are time tested classics. Iron Man is a good film but I feel that it's gotten to the point of over saturation with the merchandising.

Being an iron fan and Sideshow freak the last year or so has really given the CC a workout. :horror

I would love to jump all over this one but if it's over 1k (which it will be) there will be no joy in Beetleville. :( I can't wait to see it though.

Wow... I'll get it if it's below $2000!!! :rock

One ring... *heh* I mean one child to rule them all. :lol

So sad...

Doom PF < Iron Child

Only King Conan and King Hulk can sit on a throne and get away with it in Polystone format.....:lol:monkey5:lol

Doom looks bored sitting in his chair.....he's thinking...

Hmmm...how much will Ski sell me for.......:)

Back