IM mk III 1/2 Scale Maquette - ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I know, I wish is was that easy for me....

My wife is laughing at me right now......she said she's enjoying watching me not know what I want to buy....:banghead

I'm still contemplating the Vader bust with a $250 deposit because I have auctions on eBay in which the buyer has contacted me letting me know whenever they are going to send payment. Guaranteed $300 by Weds and i got $150 today from mutiple buyers but I need another $100 for that deposit but it's not in hand yet :lol

I have the money in the bank easy but that is for something else :naughty and CANNOT will NOT be touching that for anything.

I hope the paint scheme is better than this.

Amazing. After the debacle of the Stealth Iron Man and then the 1:1 Bust, both of which suffered from a massive return rate due to shoddy paint and finishing, people are now ready to pay more than TWICE as much for a maquette that's going to suffer from EXACTLY the same issues. Close ups of the images released so far show precisely the same faults that made the 1:1 Bust such a disaster, and yet some folks just can't wait to throw their money at it. :confused:

I ask you, is this really the sort of quality one should expect for $2k? If not, I suggest that potential buyers should demand assurances that the final product will be less sloppy. Because, make no mistake, this will be one SOB to have to return!

immaqcloseups.jpg

Yep,

you can see the wavy lines and bad black spot just like the 1:1 bust. If you take a look at the pictures on the 1:1 bust prototype back then, it had them too and the final product was the exact same result.

I sense a lot of pissed off customers when this starts shipping. If this has to go back it'll be a massive incovenience for all parties.

No no...Mark 3 Damaged version is next from the return

Its out in Q1 which probably will mean February since Iron Man 2 is out a few months later and that product is ramping up they won't do a Mark 3, but they'll do a Mark 3 BD in the Iron Man 2 theming.

hr_Comic-Con_2009_113.jpg

those are 1:2 scale?

i always thought those were 1:1 actual size version.

If those are 1:2 scale, then that's pretty cool too see. Man...as a completist, it's gonna be 6K :(

Its out in Q1 which probably will mean February since Iron Man 2 is out a few months later and that product is ramping up they won't do a Mark 3, but they'll do a Mark 3 BD in the Iron Man 2 theming.

hr_Comic-Con_2009_113.jpg

those are 1:2 scale? i always thought those were 1:1 actual size version. If those are 1:2 scale, then that's pretty cool too see. Man...as a completist, it's gonna be 6K :(

I think they are, I was making a joke and using the pic for reference.

I've been lucky and my Iron Men haven't had any noticable paint issues. I love my Iron Man 1:1 Bust and can't wait to find a place for this one.

IronManDisplay003.jpg

IronManDisplay004.jpg

IronManDisplay005.jpg

IronManDisplay006.jpg

If my 1:2 scale Iron Man comes like this I'll be over the moon.

Mike do you think the arc needs more detail? The HT has more detail. I for one think the arc needs upgrading.

Its a tough call because it is accurate front a point of view. Most people are expecting this:

ArcReactor.jpg

Which is what they saw in them, The Arc Reactor 2.0 with the steel shell and the red covering over that.

The thing is once it was on, it powered the entire suit up and stayed illuminated even when the helmet was off in the dressing scene or in the battle scenes. The eyes did but the hands did not but the chest was always illuminated.

ArcReactor2.jpg

HT's has the detail because it supposed to look like a depowered suit on display so you would essentially get what you had in the first still, but depending on what exactly SSC was going for it'd be semi-accurate. Although I feel the eyes should be given that same covering to remain fully accurate.

Does no one have any actual shots of this piece from the con? All Im seeing is pics from SS site but no up close and personal shots? Can anyone confirm the paint looks JUST like the 1:1 bust in person?

Chris

I hope the paint scheme is better than this.

Rough / uneven surface is seen. If the sample maquette already shown unsatisfactory print application, I am deeply worrying about the quality of the print job on the actual product which usually will not be better than the sample.

Damn 2k, too rich for my blood, but what a piece.

I hope they do a 1:1 Arc Reactor like the one Pepper had made for Tony.

I ordered it...I just hope I dont have to go through the same paint app headache as I did with the 1:1 bust. Come on SS...you cant drop the ball twice!. Technically its 3 times if you count the BD bust.

Chris

Back