IM mk III 1/2 Scale Maquette - ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm like very disappointed.

Here's where I stand right now.

No Iron Man because FOR ME, $2,000 not worth it because of the somewhat boring presentation and maybe the weight but more on that later.

Superman at $2,000 + might not be worth it because he's only 29", smaller than Thor! He's got the exciting dynamic pose that IM is missing but he so deserved IM's 40" height especially at that price point!

The Marvel girls, all look good but none fit into my collection. Mystique is sure awesome though.

Venom looks good, maybe a purchase to go along with Spiderman PF.

Dio's i'm not into whatsoever.

So guess what I ended up buying at the end of it all.....actually...rebuying because I had cancelled a few weeks back.

Galactus bust was a knockout for me so it's been repurchased.....

Superman I hope will be my one big purchase because I do believe they will fix the missing S on the cape but I need to get past his height issue! To me, he looks bigger than 29" in the videos I've seen.

I don't mean to be so harsh on IM, he doesn't look bad that's for sure. But for $2,000, is he exciting enough? The pose bothers me more than his weight. One of his hands should've been raised and open. Regarding the weight....at the end of the day I guess a mix of technology keeping his weight down isn't such a bad thing, keeps the shipping cost down. But couldn't he have been 26lbs.....:lol

I Hope they redo the arc it's lacking in detail. But other than that I am very happy with it.

No Iron Man because FOR ME, $2,000 not worth it because of the somewhat boring presentation and maybe the weight but more on that later.

Superman at $2,000 + might not be worth it because he's only 29", smaller than Thor! He's got the exciting dynamic pose that IM is missing but he so deserved IM's 40" height especially at that price point!

The Marvel girls, all look good but none fit into my collection. Mystique is sure awesome though.

So guess what I ended up buying at the end of it all.....actually...rebuying because I had cancelled a few weeks back.

Superman I hope will be my one big purchase because I do believe they will fix the missing S on the cape but I need to get past his height issue! To me, he looks bigger than 29" in the videos I've seen.

I don't mean to be so harsh on IM, he doesn't look bad that's for sure. But for $2,000, is he exciting enough? The pose bothers me more than his weight. One of his hands should've been raised and open. Regarding the weight....at the end of the day I guess a mix of technology keeping his weight down isn't such a bad thing, keeps the shipping cost down. But couldn't he have been 26lbs.....:lol

Funny now that it's pose that actually bothers you more than the weight because the weight I would believe to be more the determined factor. I think someone all ready posted that it's fragile just because of the weight, something like their cat knocking it over or something :lol

Anyways, I'm glad that you've been able to sort out this dilemma and maybe you should rethink some of the Marvel girls being in your collection, you could always back track and track them all down to start a AH collection. They are more affordable than you think but in all honest I would think that Iron Man 1:2 doesn't fit in your collection as much as these girls but that is just me thinking 1/4 scale FTW.

Honestly I didn't think Superman would be that short for a CM piece either. I thought all CM pieces were a commanding 40" give or take?

Funny now that it's pose that actually bothers you more than the weight because the weight I would believe to be more the determined factor. I think someone all ready posted that it's fragile just because of the weight, something like their cat knocking it over or something :lol

Anyways, I'm glad that you've been able to sort out this dilemma and maybe you should rethink some of the Marvel girls being in your collection, you could always back track and track them all down to start a AH collection. They are more affordable than you think but in all honest I would think that Iron Man 1:2 doesn't fit in your collection as much as these girls but that is just me thinking 1/4 scale FTW.

Honestly I didn't think Superman would be that short for a CM piece either. I thought all CM pieces were a commanding 40" give or take?

Wow,

Like, well said Ski. Maybe you were right all along.

The actual CM card said approx 29" :horror

I'm into mixing tech to keep things light yet durable, who knows with IM though. I'm sure he will be fine but guess what, I think that A-bom is the more impressive large Marvel piece. :horror

Wow,

Like, well said Ski. Maybe you were right all along.

The actual CM card said approx 29" :horror

I'm into mixing tech to keep things light yet durable, who knows with IM though. I'm sure he will be fine but guess what, I think that A-bom is the more impressive large Marvel piece. :horror

:lecture :lecture :lecture that is a most impressive piece, if I weren't saving for my wedding Abomination would be coming home. Who knows if Doom does very well, there might be a slight change in plans.

Why the change of heart on the iron man grail? We all knew what the pose and what the statue would look like way before even having seen the price tag. Just 24 hours ago, you were all over this thing

Why the change of heart on the iron man grail? We all knew what the pose and what the statue would look like way before even having seen the price tag. Just 24 hours ago, you were all over this thing

Yeah, you're right....I really can't argue what you're saying....

I don't know Nash....i'm kind of in a confused state right now....not kind of....I am :(

I freaking saved up $2,100 for this week and I'm at a lost of which items it should go to.

I still like IM, I knew what he looked like months ago but I also knew that when Superman was announced that IM had competition and Superman for the most part has beat out out IM for me in regards to pose dynamics. Supes looks cool landing, at least he's doing something other than just standing there like IM. Who knows, maybe Stark is sleeping inside and the suit is just holding him up..:lol My wife keeps pointing out that he looks boring and it's starting to sink in although deep inside I'm still am impressed with his size. Arms down to the side or not, he's shiny and eyes quickly fix on him.....he's freaking Iron Man.

You see, i'm a mess. You can knock me down and destroy me with your words, I ain't fighting it......i'm all kinds off ^^^^ed up....:monkey2

I was actually going fine until I read that Superman is approx 29" and for me that's too small for the price no matter how iconic.

Money is there, the problem is figuring out what will be best for me.

Just being honest about the whole thing. If anything, i'm envious of the ones who knew what they wanted and acted on it. :rock

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right....I really can't argue what you're saying....

I don't know Nash....i'm kind of in a confused state right now....not kind of....I am :(

I freaking saved up $2,100 for this week and I'm at a lost of which items it should go to.

I still like IM, I knew what he looked like months ago but I also knew that when Superman was announced that IM had competition and Superman for the most part has beat out out IM for me in regards to pose dynamics. Supes looks cool landing, at least he's doing something other than just standing there like IM. Who knows, maybe Stark is sleeping inside and the suit is just holding him up..:lol My wife keeps pointing out that he looks boring and it's starting to sink in although deep inside I'm still am impressed with his size. Arms down to the side or not, he's shiny and eyes quickly fix on him.....he's freaking Iron Man.

You see, i'm a mess. You can knock me down and destroy me with your words, I ain't fighting it......i'm all kinds off ^^^^ed up....:monkey5

I was actually going fine until I read that Superman is approx 29" and for me that's too small for the price no matter how iconic.

Money is there, the problem is figuring out what will be best for me.

Just being honest about the whole thing. If anything, i'm envious of the ones who knew what they wanted and acted on it. :rock

Well I think you're just being rational is all. No matter what statue it is, $2k is nothing to sneeze at for something that will stand still and collect dust over time.

Where did you read that Superman is 29"? That is a head scratcher move by Cinnemaquette if true.

Well I think you're just being rational is all. No matter what statue it is, $2k is nothing to sneeze at for something that will stand still and collect dust over time.

Where did you read that Superman is 29"? That is a head scratcher move by Cinnemaquette if true.

:lecture QFT

Thanks for not beating me down to a pulp....:monkey2

I sometimes deserve it because I get so freaking excited over stuff when announced especially since I knew I was going to have the finances to go big this time, that's what so freaking frustrating but I'm trying to be smart about it by not allowing my inner impulses to take over and spend w/o thought, no matter how shiny, big or iconic :wacky:google:joy

I think it's because I grew up poor...:lol

Here is where I read it, someone posted it in the Superman thread. It's from the mini description poster in the case.

It's hard to read with my reposting it, but it definately says approx 29"! That just can't be.....I will be calling them for confirmation on a-lot of things.

picture.php

Last edited:

This is the argument we all have .. and if you don't you're either rich or nuts. :lol

This pose is awesome.. I couldn't have wanted a different pose. My dilema is the money... just can't bring myself to do it. The "What if's" started to pile up. What if.. it gets stolen, house burns down, cat breaks it, lighs burn out. Sure there's insurance but would it be worth the Headache??? There's no Warranty right?

The good news is this shouldn't sell out fast.. so theres time to work out the bugs... but more then likely I won't spend my budget on one peice.

I'll wait for a 1/4th version thats probably going to come... maybe not this version.. probably IM2.

Guess I can't call myself a "tru" IM fan?? :rolleyes:

This is the argument we all have .. and if you don't you're either rich or nuts. :lol

This pose is awesome.. I couldn't have wanted a different pose. My dilema is the money... just can't bring myself to do it. The "What if's" started to pile up. What if.. it gets stolen, house burns down, cat breaks it, lighs burn out. Sure there's insurance but would it be worth the Headache??? There's no Warranty right?

The good news is this shouldn't sell out fast.. so theres time to work out the bugs... but more then likely I won't spend my budget on one peice.

I'll wait for a 1/4th version thats probably going to come... maybe not this version.. probably IM2.

Guess I can't call myself a "tru" IM fan?? :rolleyes:

Well, I guess we're all real fans but all with different thoughts and feelings on how to approach purchases and what will work best for us individually.

You bring up some valid points, there might be some bad ass 1/4 scale IM stuff in the near future (new movie..cough).

That's just life. There are some who can purchase IM AND Superman AND all the 1/4 scale pieces present and future.

Unfortunately, I ain't one of them. The $2,100 I saved for SDCC 09 was hard earned and it's pretty much my budget for Statues for the next 12 months...:horror

Either it's going all on Supes, IM or many 1/4 pieces.

And the 1/4 pieces, other than A-bom, sure seem well priced from what i've seen.

good points jye4ever!!!

Thanks bro......

Like Nash said, $2,100 is nothing to sneeze at.....that's a decent chunk of 1/4 scale pieces spread throughtout the year that can be purchased, as long as prices don't begin reaching the A-bom range.

Then don't forget the custom pieces from overseas.....like that bad ass Wolverine from Courtmaster.

Creature, no matter which way we cut it......we're all ^^^^ed! :lol:lol:lol

This is a crazy hobbie......it's even capable of bringing rich people down to their knees...:lol

I wouldn't want it any other way!

Whether your a fan of something or not your line is simply drawn when you hestitate. I love the Christopher Reeve Superman (didn't we all as kids?) but I heard $2000 and said no. I love Vader but heard $1200 and said forget it. Rationalizing with myself or making myself think I want it for that much or that its worth it is just going to lead to me getting a collectible that overall I regret. I knew the price was coming for The Iron Child, the only reason I didn't order yesterday is because I need to move funds to get the $400 deposit. Once I saw the Razors Edge opportunity I bought without even flinching or even thinking twice about it.

Whether your a fan of something or not your line is simply drawn when you hestitate. I love the Christopher Reeve Superman (didn't we all as kids?) but I heard $2000 and said no. I love Vader but heard $1200 and said forget it. Rationalizing with myself or making myself think I want it for that much or that its worth it is just going to lead to me getting a collectible that overall I regret. I knew the price was coming for The Iron Child, the only reason I didn't order yesterday is because I need to move funds to get the $400 deposit. Once I saw the Razors Edge opportunity I bought without even flinching or even thinking twice about it.

Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head (shellhead's no less).

And for that I salute you :rock

Believe me, i'm very happy for the collectors who possess that inner confidence to make the move.

I'm sure there's someone out there saying the same thing but only opposite about which piece, Superman winning over IM.

But no matter which way the decision went, at least you and they possessed that confidence to make the move.

That's just cool ^^^^.

Congrats Mike.

Iron Man is too easy of a decision for you :lol but that is awesome!

Back