Ilum Padme?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, if this were a vote for statue/PF, it would have been fine, I think those formats would look good with this approach, it just doesn't lend itself well to a 1/6 figure with joints of any kind and anatomically off bodies.

So far this appears to be the real dog of the line... nothing about her (except the head sculpt) is good.

And its really not SS fault, this is just a bad choice and the dumbasses who voted for it are to blame :lol

Ah, to reminiscence:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4639&highlight=Poll

There was certain forums that were voting for her in mass, but I specifically remember some pinhead over at Sir Steves Guide that stated that he had at least a hundred votes put in for Padme through friends and fake email addresses.
I's safe to say that I doubt Sideshow will ever have voting for a figure again.

Ah, to reminiscence:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4639&highlight=Poll

There was certain forums that were voting for her in mass, but I specifically remember some pinhead over at Sir Steves Guide that stated that he had at least a hundred votes put in for Padme through friends and fake email addresses.
I's safe to say that I doubt Sideshow will ever have voting for a figure again.

well i hope that S.O.B. buys 100 of padme then.

I hope he's happy, too. :rolleyes:

But we still have Asajj. Which turned into a great figure.

I voted for Kanos. We'd probably be waiting longer for that guy! Anyone of the others would have been better than the Snowbunny.

Eh...the face looks ok, but the rest not so much....I cancelled. I guess it is a tough one to tackle, but if I had that one on my shelf I would take some abuse from friends......

galactiboy said:
And its really not SS fault, this is just a bad choice and the dumbasses who voted for it are to blame

I voted for her.

I love being called a dumbass and a moron because Sideshow failed in their execution of the figure.

Last edited:
Meh, I'm on the fence about this one. I might get her, I might pass. i think I'm gonna jump on the waitlist and think about it. Can allways cancel later if i get one.. If I do get one, i think I might get the hasbro padme and redress her. Either way, Here is hoping that sideshow makes the full set of the EU figres, Bring on Vos, Kanos, Thrawn, and Mara. And then bring us some more :monkey5

I voted for her.

I love being called a dumbass and a moron because Sideshow failed in their execution of the figure.

Curiosity Pickard. Not saying she was a bad vote, but I do wonder why padme?
What in particular drew you to this particular figure over the others?

I missed the vote, it was before I knew about sideshow. If I had, I'd have voted for Either Mara or Thrawn. Two characters from my personal favorite books.

Mara jade, the Emperors Hand. His Persaonal Assassin, Enforcer, and spy.

Grand Admaral Thrawn. Nonhuman, Frightenly intellegent, an imperial officer, and all around bad guy.

what's not to love?

Curiosity Pickard. Not saying she was a bad vote, but I do wonder why padme?
What in particular drew you to this particular figure over the others?

At the time, there were no female figures, and I like the character. I don't really want pregnant Ep3 Padme or handmaiden Padme. This was an "action" Padme.

At the time, I didn't recognize Vos and Kanos. I'm limiting my collection (for the most part) to major characters. Padme is definitely the most important character that was offered in that poll, even if that outfit isn't the most important.

Visually, Thrawn does nothing for me. Mara, on the other hand, as a hot lightsaber-wielding readhead in tight black leather, does.

Obviously, I regret my decision. If the poll were run now, and knowing how Padme turned out, I'd be tempted to vote for Mara. However, what's to say SS won't misfire on Mara if they ever make that character?

Here's hoping that they won't! Misfire I mean. I as under the impression that all the eu figures were going to be made ( hence why they made asajj) it'sa just a question of who was first. Since they did padem and asajj,Mara would probobly next.

Here's hoping we see the wife of Luke Skywalker as the next EU.

I don't see how you can really fault SSC for the execution. It is accurate to the real world look of the cartoon character, the head sculpt is great. It just goes to show that not all the cartoon art translates well. Asajj DID come out great, but I'm not sure if she originated in the cartoon or the comics first.

I think this figure could look better if the cloth material they switched to went on the base body more like the pleather did. I know some think no matter what, it was a bad character/representation choice, but some I think are like me and want to see this turn out right but are seeing some issues in the execution. It is SSC's fault for having material that sucks right up against the underlying body, showing off the thin hips and chest joint, that has nothing to do with the source material. It really isn't as good an execution as it could be, but it also may not be a design that lends itself to any sort of strong execution.

I don't see how you can really fault SSC for the execution. It is accurate to the real world look of the cartoon character, the head sculpt is great. It just goes to show that not all the cartoon art translates well. Asajj DID come out great, but I'm not sure if she originated in the cartoon or the comics first.

The awkward base body and the proportions (the head looks too big to me) are the things for which I fault Sideshow. The costume design, though, is accurate as you said, and you're right with the assessment that not all cartoon designs carry over well.

I was waiting to see the changes that SSC promised, and I have to say that I'll be cancelling. Hopefully, the next Padme is better.

Its an item thats just gonna be hard to pull off. The head is fine the body might not work well with the outfit but that happens.

The head is fantastic, I hope that with it being bald, the just use this sculpt for every Padme since Portman doesn't change over the course of PT, and just add the appropriate hair for each representation.

Luke's face changed quite a bit from film to film though. Leia got thinner from ANH to ROTJ but without having ANH Leia in hand it's hard to say just how different the sculpt really is.

Back