Ilum Padme?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and way back when SS first previewed the sculpt it was shown to be bald.

Well that doesn't necessarily mean anything, many SSC figures with longer or more elaborate hair have the hair added as a separate piece in production, like Aragorn, Faramir, Anakin's hair was a separate piece as well.

but don't those always have "plugs"/"holes" for the hair to go into. I want to say that they showed the back and it was totally bald too. Anyone have the original pictures? Now im just curious for comparison of the original pictures and these pictures.

Well, the costume looks better with the new material.

On the head....sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but I wonder if it''s too late in the process for Sideshow to consider taking some inspiration from their Assaj figure and have an alternate portrait done in the "animated" style? This costume would sure lend itself to that more "animated" look...

I'll keep mine on order...while it's still not my choice for the first Sideshow version for Padme, I'm still looking forward to seeing the finished product...

I honestly this is one the the worst overall figures I have seen from SS. The sculpt isn't terrible, but it's not dead on Portman at all. The rest of the figure is just terrible IMO. SS knocks a lot of stuff out of the park, but this was a swing and a miss.

when i first saw the sculpt i thought it was a definite nat portman and i had high hopes..........but now as much as i want to like this figure it just doesnt make me say "gotta have". i will wait for battle arena funky twisted cat ass kicking padme.

I am now 'mad' at all that voted for this Frakenportman figure, but way more upset for how she turned out...and to think we could have gotten a cool EU figure, like Kir Kranos

Last edited:
The monkey arms really need to be fixed before this goes into full production...:monkey4

I'm really starting to be on the fence about actually getting this figure, the HS is fantastic, but that's about all I'm diggint about it anymore. I thought that if the vinyl were changed for cloth it'd be fine, but the cloth right now is plastic tight and shows off the base body very poorly. The base body looks ok here in the QTVR, but now with this super tight cloth, the waist looks way too small and the hips unnatural. This figure is just turning out to be impossible to nail. I think future pieces that are based on simplistic designs should be made in dio or PF format where you can sculpt the anatomy, matching/creating materials to represent drawn clothes seems to be a challenge with troubling results. Unless there's elasticity to the clothing, I don't think you could switch out the base body.

illum_padme.jpg

2140_press05-001.jpg

So far this appears to be the real dog of the line... nothing about her (except the head sculpt) is good.

And its really not SS fault, this is just a bad choice and the dumbasses who voted for it are to blame :lol

Back