Ikea detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, I want to put my statues in a display cabinet now as my shelf won't be able to hold the weight of the awesome HCG Nemesis, would anyone recommend the ikea detolf or a similar display cabinet?

I have 3 detolfs and they are pretty sweet. My only complaint is you can only do 2 PFs per detolf. If you are displaying smaller pieces, you can prob do a lot more.

I have 3 detolfs and they are pretty sweet. My only complaint is you can only do 2 PFs per detolf. If you are displaying smaller pieces, you can prob do a lot more.

I only have 5 statues so far which is the HCG Resident evil line, think I'll pick one up tomorrow.
Thanks.

There are ways to give your detolf more shelves but it involves mini C clamps...

As far as upgrades to detolfs, you can get a Besta or Pax from Ikea...

I only have 5 statues so far which is the HCG Resident evil line, think I'll pick one up tomorrow.
Thanks.

I highly recommend NOT going with detolf if you are putting pf's or statues in it. Unless they are very small statues. You'll just end up buying Besta's later.

Yeah I do not recommend going for the Detolf honestly in general. It's just a bad looking display case. It's cheap and will protect from dust, but it doesn't look nice at all and it's terribly inefficient for statues.

I think most of the HGC Resident Evil statues are in 1/6 scale, so a detolf might be sufficient for those. The 12" scale Nemesis probably won't fit, though. He might have to go on top or something.

I have a Detolf and sadly mine is defective or something since the day I got it and isn't sturdy enough. The door also doesn't shut right and when I close or open it shakes everything around. I don't recommend it for statue pieces but maybe for your hot toys. I use to display my busts in mine but took them out since i'm afraid the thing was going to collapse and damage the pieces. So getting rid of it and getting a Besta soon. For the price you can't go wrong but really I think it was a waste on my half. Hope this helps.

what would you guys recommend other than a detolf for under 200

Well it depends on what size you want and if doors are a must for you. You can get both a Besta or a Pax with no doors that will more then suit your purposes. However if you want doors the price goes up.

I have a Detolf and sadly mine is defective or something since the day I got it and isn't sturdy enough. The door also doesn't shut right and when I close or open it shakes everything around. I don't recommend it for statue pieces but maybe for your hot toys. I use to display my busts in mine but took them out since i'm afraid the thing was going to collapse and damage the pieces. So getting rid of it and getting a Besta soon. For the price you can't go wrong but really I think it was a waste on my half. Hope this helps.

I have 5 of them for about 5 years and have zero problems with mine. The key to them is to make absolutely sure you assemble them correctly and tighten everything really well. They are ideal for 1/6 or 1/7 scale statues. I have all of my Bowen and Koto pieces in them. The trick is to make sure you put the heaviest pieces on the top of the cabinet or the bottom display shelf. I put all of the lighter pieces on the glass shelves. I even have up to three pieces on one shelf ( FS BD museum Cap, Red Skull, and Winter Soldier) and have no issues. I find the viewing angles to be superb and love the fact I can see so much of my collection in them. I'm a big fan.

That all being said, I have ALL of my sideshow pieces (all 1/4 or 1/5 statues) in Bestas. SSC statues are far too heavy for the Detolf glass weight limit. Can you think of many SSC statues that weigh less than 13 lbs? Very few SSC statues fall into that category.

Detolfs don't really work for Coms or PFs. However, I find them to be perfect for Bowen and Koto pieces. I imagine they would also work well with Hot Toys pieces as well.

I have 5 of them for about 5 years and have zero problems with mine. The key to them is to make absolutely sure you assemble them correctly and tighten everything really well. They are ideal for 1/6 or 1/7 scale statues. I have all of my Bowen and Koto pieces in them. The trick is to make sure you put the heaviest pieces on the top of the cabinet or the bottom display shelf. I put all of the lighter pieces on the glass shelves. I even have up to three pieces on one shelf ( FS BD museum Cap, Red Skull, and Winter Soldier) and have no issues. I find the viewing angles to be superb and love the fact I can see so much of my collection in them. I'm a big fan.

That all being said, I have ALL of my sideshow pieces (all 1/4 or 1/5 statues) in Bestas. SSC statues are far too heavy for the Detolf glass weight limit. Can you think of many SSC statues that weigh less than 13 lbs? Very few SSC statues fall into that category.

Detolfs don't really work for Coms or PFs. However, I find them to be perfect for Bowen and Koto pieces. I imagine they would also work well with Hot Toys pieces as well.

I went over the directions many times and thought I got it all right. I don't know weird.

If I planned to buy anymore tall Besta's, I would be there today picking some up today. I have a new plan for our future den that includes getting our prints on the walls as well. So no more tall ones for us.

Back