Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Futzing the tunic ****ing sucks, but here are some pics...

I wanted to get a messier bunching of the material going on, instead of uniform folds, and that proved much harder than anticipated. After an hour and a half, I'm still not happy with it. the bottom started to curl up, so I need to water treat it back down. All in all, I'm glad I swapped the tunic for lances, although I'm sure I'll be messing with it more in the future in an attempt to get it looking 100%.

_MG_6614.jpg

_MG_6613.jpg

_MG_6612.jpg

_MG_6611.jpg

_MG_6607.jpg

:clap Very Nice Pics!

On the tunic, did you try the stitching? You don't have to stitch it uniform.

Also, Lance told me that you can cut the material without fear of fraying -- just use a nice sharp pair of scissors. Perhaps trimming the tunic where it lays on the shoulders would help -- I plan to do that myself when I next futz with my Vader.

That all said, I still built up and took apart my Vader 3 times before I got him where I wanted, that included 2 rounds of stitching and re-stitching. Even now I can still see room for improvement on mine but its always hard for me to leap in and start again.

Question: How did you get your chain to show?

Suggestion: perhaps push the head/helmet forward. Vader often had that aggressive, head-forward pose. It also helps close the gap between helmet and shoulders.

:clap Very Nice Pics!

On the tunic, did you try the stitching? You don't have to stitch it uniform.

Also, Lance told me that you can cut the material without fear of fraying -- just use a nice sharp pair of scissors. Perhaps trimming the tunic where it lays on the shoulders would help -- I plan to do that myself when I next futz with my Vader.

That all said, I still built up and took apart my Vader 3 times before I got him where I wanted, that included 2 rounds of stitching and re-stitching. Even now I can still see room for improvement on mine but its always hard for me to leap in and start again.

Question: How did you get your chain to show?

Suggestion: perhaps push the head/helmet forward. Vader often had that aggressive, head-forward pose. It also helps close the gap between helmet and shoulders.

Thanks! :)

I did indeed try the stitching, but it just was not working out for me. :lol My patience wore thin rather quickly.

I like your idea about taking some off around the shoulders, after pushing so much for extra fabric, there is a little too much around that area.

The cape in my pics is one from lance's first run, so there may be design differences, but I did sort of bunch/push the leather material around the back of the neck on the cape into the neck hole of the shoulder armor, which allowed for the sides/chain to sit forward more.

I went for the head back because of the posture of the stance, but I'll have to try it forward a bit more and see if I like it!

Is that your Glen Vader Marf?

It is indeed. :duff

null-36.jpg

Looks great Flos!!! So what body are you using? I'm thinking about trying a swap the HT Noland Body (nearly identical to the KP, but smaller bewbs).

P1180924.jpg

I think this may be as close to perfect as I've seen a Vader turn out... damn fine work King :duff

null-36.jpg

Looks great Flos!!! So what body are you using? I'm thinking about trying a swap the HT Noland Body (nearly identical to the KP, but smaller bewbs).

P1180924.jpg

I think this may be as close to perfect as I've seen a Vader turn out... damn fine work King :duff

Indeed Galactiboy.

Well done King Darkness :clap

:(

Lance had to send me another set. First must've been lost in the mail.

No one has complained that the neck hole for the new cape was too small, so I thought it was supposed to be snug. Pushed it down around the neck, and a chain promptly snapped.
After doing some measurements, I found that the collar/chain is only 2 1/2" while the circumference of the neck is 3".

I sent a PM about it to Lance. Just glad that I have one of his original custom capes for now. It's a bit too long since I got the KP body, but it's still okay.

IMG_3617_zpsbe2c7542.jpg

IMG_3619_zpsb2cf1b35.jpg

IMG_3620_zps4a6d0f4a.jpg

:(

No one has complained that the neck hole for the new cape was too small, so I thought it was supposed to be snug. Pushed it down around the neck, and a chain promptly snapped.
After doing some measurements, I found that the collar/chain is only 2 1/2" while the circumference of the neck is 3".

The same happened to me. The neck on the KP body seems to be bigger than the SS, Lance probably made it with the original SS in mind. I fixed it with a dash of superglue but it's quite fragile so I take more care these days.

Superglue? But, what did you do about it not being long enough to reach all the way around the neck?

It reaches fine, not all the way down but after you clip on the head the cape stays on the figure pretty well. In ANH, Vader's cape seems to be worn differently, sometimes riding over the neck/collar and at times under it.

iforigno, I have been looking at your ad on ebay, and have also been reading this thread. Your work is awesome, but do you only do capes for SS figures? I am just starting to research which Vader to buy for my son.

Also, your work is incredible, but I was wondering if you are open to maybe looking at some new material? I have this new material that is out that hangs very nicely and it's thin....but i would wager it would hang like the pictures on the 2nd page of this thread.

It's very expensive material designed for surfing and it's ultra flexible, not that it needs to be. But it just hangs so nice and the fabric is super fine, so you really get the idea that it's 1:1 fabric.

What do you think? I could mail you a sample if you're interested.

Looks and hangs just like this:
vader_zpsc13a95d7.jpg

Last edited:
:medic

Finally got my tunic / cape set.
The first set got lost in the mail so Lance sent me a new one. The collar hole was too short on the cape, and the chain snapped. I did some measurements and found it short by a half inch. Lance was kind enough to make and send me a whole new cape. I gifted him a little $$ on paypal to say thanks for his incredible customer service. This isn't the first time he's done a solid for me (involved buying multiple Batman capes).

Got the new cape on. Loved that it wasn't as long as the original one of his I have. Needed it to be shorter for the KP body. Unfortunately, the elongated neck of the KP-02 body was much more evident with this cape for some reason. So, I spent all afternoon and early evening doing a project.

I took out the neck joint. It's a double sided ball peg connected to an adapter, and on the other side of the adapter is the same kind of double sided ball peg that plugs down into the collar. I cut the adapter in half. Used a dremel to shave down both sides. I then couldn't find a way to glue them back together. I thought for sure that a two part epoxy would do the trick, but that was a no go. Probably didn't like this kind of plastic. Superglue on it's own wasn't working either. So, I had to do something a bit creative. I dremeled two small, shallow holes on the inside of one half. Then the same on the other, trying to match where the holes would meet. I then used wire cutters to clip a couple of push pins metal tips. I glued them into one side, then the other, and then clamped it together with superglue.

Btw, thank you Wor-Gar so much for the sewing tips. I only did up by the collar area, but it helps wonders.

Now, until someone comes up with a fix for the KP's small upper arms... my ANH Vader is done.

Vader03_zps791a96e7.jpg

Vader02_zps1263e0dd.jpg

Vader01_zps87446824.jpg

StarWars1-601_zps2c80960f.jpg

That's right, you're the one with that awesome frickin' display!

Well worth the wait and effort, I'd say. Such and excellent job you did. Fits right in with HT now.

Where's your old pic of your display with Vader in SS cape and robes? Let's see that compare.

I haven't had an image of him in the SS cape in a long time. I had gotten one of Lance's very first custom capes and never looked back. Also, I no longer have the previous pic of this setup that had the SS robe.

Thanks for the praise, however. :duff

Came home from work last night and found my tunic waiting for me. It's very tricky to put on, but the end result looks great. With the exception of a little chipped paint on the chest panel, my vader is as near perfect as he can be. He was never my favourite figure, but that's all changed.

I might be. My collection funds are pretty low right now though. How much are you asking for a set? Can't seem to find the post where it's noted.

Back