Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader cape interest thread

Hey guys I wanted to let you guys know that on the first batch of capes that went out I tried a new material out for the collar. If for some reason you don't like the collar I will gladly make another cape with the original material for free. I was just trying out possibly a more accurate material, but I still have the original stuff so please just let me know. Thanks guys

Hey guys I wanted to let you guys know that on the first batch of capes that went out I tried a new material out for the collar. If for some reason you don't like the collar I will gladly make another cape with the original material for free. I was just trying out possibly a more accurate material, but I still have the original stuff so please just let me know. Thanks guys

Are they so different? Are you able to post comparison pics? If it sits well on the figure I'm sure I'll be happy.

Got mine in!!

THANK YOU lforigno for agreeing to make a second run of these, well worth it!

079-1.jpg

078-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

081-2.jpg

As a side note, you can see how much space I saved with a new cape from this old shot of the old cape...

020-2.jpg

I also received my custom Vader cape today. Thanks Lance! I didn't realize just how bad the SS vader cape was until now.

vader.jpg

As a side note, you can see how much space I saved with a new cape from this old shot of the old cape...

:exactly: Bye bye tent, hello regal robes :wave

Just got mine in today what an amazing difference it make, Thanks for the second chance at these. Love it :clap

darthnewcape.jpg

Mate that is a sweet image!

Thanks to Lance for giving this thing a second run, and thanks for Maglor and others for pushing the awesomeness credentials. It has been said so many times before by folks who have this cape, but... the cape lifts this figure to another level. The stock cape made this figure look so much bigger than it already is, to the point of looking almost out of place in a 1/6 collection.

Oh man, this is a sweet, sweet mod :)

I also got mine in this weekend. Haven't had a second to put it on him yet, but everyone's pics are looking great so far. Hopefully I can get back to my collection soon and set Vader up.

Hey guys thanks for all the nice comments. I recently was experimenting with the fabric used for the vader capes. I did not like how dark it was so I dyed it to make it darker. Here is a pic showing the difference in color. The bottom one is the original color of the capes I was producing, the top is the same fabric but newer color which I think looks much better.

IMG_1124.jpg

It is more of an inky black and I took the pic with the flash on so it is very very dark and I think would look great on vader. If anyone is interested I would be willing to make more capes with this color. Just let me know. Thanks

Lance

LMK the price I'm definitely interested in this round, just wondering if the collar could be a little smaller though?

interested as well. and to be honest the color of the original cape was really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the first run. the style, stitching, & fit were off the hook but something about the color just was a bit off. that new fabric/dye looks way better.

Pm me for details as I would like to start dyeing all the fabric this weekend and then have them ready to be shipped on Monday.

I dyed the fabric today and it turned out darker and nicer than the little swatch of fabric that I tried first. My finger tips are completely black lol. All capes will go out this week.

I am going out today to buy some more fabric and dye if anyone is interested in purchasing a new cape. I also made the collar smaller on the new capes.

Back