Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader cape interest thread

Almost immediately after posting my first pics I changed him to having the collar tucked in. Here're the pics.

I don't like how much it sticks out in the back, but you can only see it when you turn the figure around so it's not that bad.

(Link to my original pics: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2881799&postcount=247 )

Vader04.jpg

Vader04Flash.jpg

VaderCollar01.jpg

VaderCollar02.jpg

VaderCollar03.jpg

Pretty sure there's a way to futz it so it doesn't stick out like that. But I still prefer the collar out look. :peace

I sent payment. The cape looks very nice. I look forward to seeing how it looks in person.

I am guessing that i will have to take the head off to change out the capes?

Yep, you'll have to take the head off. But it's easy. Just pull. :)

Do I need to heat it up first?

If you push the collar so that it is line with the back of the helmet and tuck it underneath the cape hangs so much better over the shoulders.

Do I need to heat it up first?

You can if you are worried about it. Heating it up with a hair dryer may make it a little easier, but with the thickness of the helmet, and the hardness of the plastic it might not work as well as it does with other heads.

It's up to you, but I don't use heat with the Vader head and I've had mine off 5 or 6 times. :)

I will give it a shot without heat then. Afterall, if I can rip the dome off, then ehis should be a piece of cake.

That stuff is always a bit scary the first time, but I think you'll be fine.

So you have your collar turned under? Interesting. I hadn't thought of that option.

Hmm... I see a deal of futzing will be needed to make it look like it should.
Looking forward to having it in hand.

If you like the collar up like I have it, it basically futzes itself. It will probably just need ironing.

Thanks to Iforigno...I received my cape today and its quite excellent. I have a modified Vader and will take decent pics this week...gotta show off the new cape!

Update: be careful with the chain....its fragile...already broke mine....argh!

Last edited:

If you push the collar so that it is line with the back of the helmet and tuck it underneath the cape hangs so much better over the shoulders.

When I try to do that then the chain pops out the front from under his helmet.

Last edited:

i mentioned a few pages back that the chain is fragile and that the cape is meant for only display purposes and I would not recommend futzing with it too much. When my fiancee and I were making the capes we tested the chains and the only way the chains will come out is if you pull on them or put a lot of force of the chain. As I mentioned a few pages back I would not mess with the top of the collar too much as you are taking a chance with the chain, but believe me I had to forcefully pull the chain out of the collar for it to come out.

Last edited:

Cape is awesome...I just got a little over excited and snagged a corner....just have to rethread the one chain.......the material hangs really, really nice

Yeah, like lou said, you need to be gentle with it.

After futzing it quite a bit the leather started to separate a little on the left on mine. I saw it right away and just a dab of super glue fixed it. :)

Just got my cape!
It's late and I'm tired, so I just put it on and let it be mostly... I'll do some more serious futzing when I have more time, but the effect is instantaneous and wonderful!

Back