If you didn't collect action figures or statues, what would your hobby be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm slowly getting out of the collecting game. I'm not going to make a melodramatic post about it and sell off my collection. In fact, I love my collections that I have on display and am still tracking a few pieces down here and there to complete them all. But there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

What would you choose to do with your expendable income once toys faded into the background of your life? I recently purchased an N Scale Model Train set. For Christmas I used the cash and gift cards on more track and a few accessories. I have put very little of money from my pocket into it so far, but I do plan on setting up a small 2.5'x6' layout in the basement.

What about the rest of you? What other hobbies do you have now or what hobbies would you be interested in taking up if action figures and statues didn't take up all your expendable incomes and space?

Airsoft!

I'm slowly getting out of the collecting game. I'm not going to make a melodramatic post about it and sell off my collection. In fact, I love my collections that I have on display and am still tracking a few pieces down here and there to complete them all. But there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

What would you choose to do with your expendable income once toys faded into the background of your life? I recently purchased an N Scale Model Train set. For Christmas I used the cash and gift cards on more track and a few accessories. I have put very little of money from my pocket into it so far, but I do plan on setting up a small 2.5'x6' layout in the basement.

What about the rest of you? What other hobbies do you have now or what hobbies would you be interested in taking up if action figures and statues didn't take up all your expendable incomes and space?

200.gif

DuckTales Whooooooo.

I'm with you. I'm slowly getting out of the hobby. I'll still keep my collection and buy a few things here and there but i'm getting out of it. I'll probably save money or buy more movies for the collection or some movie props.

Wow. Great question. I guess the first new hobby I'd try to pick up would be paying down the mountain of credit card debt I've built up with this hobby!

Is saving money a hobby? If I could save money with the same zeal I have for collecting, then maybe I'll actually be able to retire someday! I should look into it.

I would probably focus on the other things I collect: movies and music memorabilia (but not necessarily high end or expensive stuff), books, and antiques (cameras and machine-y type things)

i'd probably be getting high...on LIFE.

fingernail collection.

put more effort on the war on pants campaign.

If I weren't spending on figures, I'd have more for PCs. I'd definitely use the extra cash for building top-of-the line gaming PCs. Designer brand clothes, too. Can't skimp out on style.

Back