If you could only have one LOTR WETA Statue...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
You know what I just noticed? No one in this entire thread mentioned the Witchking of Angmar which reaffirms my belief that it's highly over rated.

Good point, Fritz.

And I'd like to second (or is that third or fourth) the suggestion of picking up an Eowyn statue to compliment the Morgul Lord. These two were made for each other... They look fantastic displayed against each other and capture the scene from the film perfectly (though I would have preferred if she was wearing the helmet, instead of having it attached to the base.)*

*and I'm too chicken to attempt any type of customization to do this myself... ;)

Fritz said:
No one in this entire thread mentioned the Witchking of Angmar...

Perhaps you are right, but I have it as my #6 piece; the robes are incredibly well-done.

LOTRFan said:
Perhaps you are right, but I have it as my #6 piece; the robes are incredibly well-done.
Yes they are and I love mine!! I guess it was when I opened my ML for the first time and in NOT having a statue with that size I was floored. Yes I forgot to mention the WiKi but it is NOT to be forgotten…..;);)

I love the Wiki but if I only had $1K as his question suggests I would rather have GOSF, RWOS, and Sauron then just the Wiki.

It's all about bang for your buck when you only have 1K to spend........

Jesse

GoS, RWOS and Sauron (or Morgul Lord/Eowyn) would be my picks if had $1k to spend, too.

Though my favorite piece, the one I will never part with, is my beloved Henry, Mr. Daddy Rog.

I actually have about 300.00-400.00 per month to blow on hobbies. It's just that I have a grand sitting here looking for a home. I really only want 10 or so prime pieces from this line. At least right now.:naughty I'm more of a budding LOTR collector than strictly a WETA LOTR collector. I am absolutely in love with the new Lurtz figure. I have every intention of doing the premium and 12" formats too, and have them pre-ordered.

Re: If you could only have one LOTR WETA Statue...

tough decision, but I would go with Cave Troll Statue. It is the most impressive for me (I have one). :D

Mr Fell Beast said:
AWESOME CHOICE!!!!:joy :banana

Trust me when you open that massive box you will pleasantly surprised and oh so very happy. The best thing is the edition size is rather big so the ML can be had for relatively cheap. His pose, that mask, flowing beauty…..Great choice…..

:banana :banana

I seem to be getting given a big hunch to get Eowyn! It would go absolutely perfect together but I didnt like the character of Eowyn as much as some others that I really want to get from the Weta line.

eowynandmorgullord9kk.jpg

Those are mine. They really make a nice set, I think. Eowyn has gone as low as $75 recently, so she is affordable.

Only one?
It would be the RWOS, the first I got. Still the best piece for me.

RWoS
GoSFax
Elrond
Morgul Lord
Berserker

Cannot live without these and simply the best SSW sculptures in my opinion. AatBG will also be a must have...

Had the Balrog briefly and hated it, sold it for a $100 profit at $1000. Should have held on !!! The mohican just got on my nerves :)

The one LOTR WETA that I would keep from what I have : Gandalf/SF. The more I see it, the more I like it. If I only consider the beauty of that statue, it is in my opinion better than the Sam & Bill and Morgul Lord statues. Sorry dear folks, The thread gave me only one choice :monkey2 !

The one that I would keep if I had it : WIKI. At least, that's what I think from what I've seen on the pictures but I never saw it physically.

Had the Balrog briefly and hated it, sold it for a $100 profit at $1000. Should have held on !!! The mohican just got on my nerves

:mwaha lol Revival! Uncommun choice! Beware the vengeance of the mohican! :balrog :rolleyes:

oops! Revilal, I just wrote your name to quickly and it gave a strange "revival". I'm sorry about this one.

I couldn't just have one. The SSW line is a great line. I'm surprised to see alot of people selling their collections. I believe its to the New SS 12 inch and PF, but SSW will always be #1.

For me it would be the Galadhrim Archer. It was the first one I got, because it was my favourite, and it still stands the test of time for me. I've had Wiki, and got rid of it, and have seen both the Balrog & Cavey and wasn't impressed.

Kermit and Miss Piggy on Shadowfax!!!:google
Just kidding (obviously!) I think the Morgul Lord....no the RWOS I think just beats it and GOS by the tiniest of margins, so yes RWOS for me!
But Kermie and Piggy ......................:naughty

ComputerFly said:
Well, since you only have $1K, and you want to capture the essence of the movie, I would definitely choose Ringwraith/Steed and Gandalf/Shadowfax. This way you have one good, one evil. They are of comparable size and offset each other perfectly.

https://photobucket.com/albums/v490/mormegil99/LotR/100_0300.jpg

Clicked on the link to see how someone else was displaying their GtWoSF and RWoS only to discover they were my own pieces :google

No plans to get rid of any of my statues anytime soon but even if I do I seriously doubt I'll ever part with these two.

They've since been moved and now have Morgul/Lord Eowyn between them.

Originally Posted by customizerwannabe
...I believe I will go a bit above the 1K and get.
Gandalf on Shadowfax
Mogul Lord
Sauron
Ringwraith on Steed

Good choice :cool:

As has been said pick up an Eowyn as well to go with the ML.

I would have to go with the Cave Troll. He is really striking when you see him in person and there are very, very few of them.

I like the original Balrog, but Cavie is the one that draws people attention when I have them on display. The sculpt is awesome and really conveys his power. I am a big fan of the books, but the cave troll represents to the films to me and is representative of all the work Weta put into the film and the line of statues.

Good luck finding one. You won't regret it if you get your hands on him.

Back